Vivitrol Sales Team

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2008 at 5:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What gives? Another reorganization? Are we being acquired by Alkermes? Are we going to be offered positions at Cephalon? Are we going to be let go? Anyone know anything out there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would leave in a heart beat if we had to work for Alkermes!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would?

And where would you go after you left?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BYE BYE Vivitrol! Cephalon finally got rid of the 800lbs gorilla!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

800 lbs?
    More like 40 lbs.

Cephalon spent less on Vivitrol this year than they spent on toner cartridges for the sales force.

Your 800lb gorilla is how you're going to replace $1 Billion in Provigil revenue with Nuvigil and the exact same indications. Good luck with that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Luck? We don't need any luck with the NAM team getting Nuvigil covered on all health plans.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no Cephalon Vivitrol sales force effective dec.1, 2008. The company that makes Vivitrol (Alkermes) now has 100% control of Vivitrol, too bad for many good Ceph reps. Heard that reps Paul Manders, Scott Bischoff, Dan Potenza, Mike Pearce were not given offers from Alkermes despite having top sales #'s. The drug will never take off, too many obstacles to reimbursment and procurment still not addressed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a joke. This piece f shit company Alkermes has never sold one vial of Vivitrol. They get bonus pay based on MBO's, all they have to do is look busy. Their benefits are a joke compared to Ceph, 50 cents match up to 6%, car allownace, medical insurance out of pocket of $200/month for family coverage, stock at $5/share. Their business plan is to have conference calls 3x week and tell each other things are really going to "take off" next month. Have reject from Wyeth now running the show, good luck, you will need it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am curious to know who is the guy from wyeth that is running the show? i used to work for wyeth years ago so i am interested.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His name is Steve King, tried to run his won consulting company but he f--ked it up just like he will the Vivitrol marketing. Came over as Ceph employee but is so arogant he thinks he has all the answers for Vivitrol. Good call by Bob Roche, he is two for two, bought rights to Vivitrol and Amrix, whats next Phen/Phen?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

didnt vivitrol go bye bye?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh???
    I admit I have no info to refute this statement...but, Huh???

PROVIGIL costs what? $9 per tab?
    NUVIGIL will be discounted to...
    $6.50 per tab? (maybe?)

GENERIC CNS stimulants cost anywhere from $0.40 to $1.50 per tab.

So...how the shit will NUVIGIL be covered on ALL health plans; when it still will cost anywhere from 5-10x more than the formulary alternative?

CNS stimulants are the formulary alternative, you fool. Not branded, still-on-patent, $9 PROVIGIL.

I am NOT trying to be negative.
    I think as long as we can call on Psychs w/ NUVIGIL we'll be successful. I see it as Lexapro v. Celexa situation. Samples drive scripts. It will be hard for docs to Rx PROVIGIL without samples.

But covered on ALL health plans?
    Dude...are you nuts?
    PROVIGIL requires a PA on virtually EVERY health plan in my state.

Congratulations, you're the most optimistic person on Earth!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the poster you were responding to was being sarcastic.

I know, it's harder to detect sarcasm when you're reading rather than listening, but, I'm pretty sure he/she was being sarcastic about the NAMs.

Regardless, you're right about Nuvigil. It will be hard to sell it vs. generic Provigil and stimulants, but it will be impossible to generate $1 Billion annually in less than 10 years.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this question coming from an employee that was just canned by Alkermes or an unfortunate person who has no choice but to work for them?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are so many adjectives to describe SK...don't stop at arrogant.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was curious to know if Cephalon is still promoting Vivitrol because I heard about a month ago Alkermes stopped the contract with you all? I don't know if that means they are still around or not-thanks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alkermes has 100% control of Vivitrol. Some Ceph employees were made employemnt offers, some were not. Drug will only do about $24 million for 08.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was said that the former Cephalon employees offerred jobs with alkermes were going to get amazing packages - - yet many employees were not as happy as expected with the packages. A 20K bump in salary, plus signing bonus and crazy stock options sound great. What's the problem? Most reps alone must be making over 100K Easy. And the bonus payout is set at average 45K....why did people want to stay at cephalon? This sounds like an amazing deal

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so happy with the change over to Alkermes; it is truly a biotech company unlike what Cephalon has become. I think that I am being treated very well with the package that I was offered by Alkermes. The stock options alone are awesome, as is the opportunity to start a brand new sales force with a company that's commited to doing what's best for all parties involved, is very refreshing in this industry.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had no choice but to accept Alkermes offer, there was no Cephalon job available within my current geography. This company is a joke, they have never had to sell any vials of Vivitrol to get their bonus. The benefits are a joke compared to Cephalon (car allowance, 50% match up to 6%, medical benefits will cost several hundred dollars a month for family vs $1 for Cephalon. At the recent meeting the Alkermes clowns had no clue how to get reimbursment, Vivitrol will never reach even $50 million. I have updated my resume and will spend most of my time looking for new opportunities, as will a lot of reps I spoke with. Good luck to the kool aid drinker on previous post, there will be a last minute conference call like they had Dec 1st to let you know the sales force has been canned, maybe they will re-hire you when opiod dependence indication is achieved in 2012