Welcome to the Biogen board

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by cafead, Jan 30, 2003 at 3:42 PM.

1. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the Biogen company board. Anyone is welcome to post here, whether they are an employee of the company or not. You may post anonymously without registering (registered users please logout before posting if you wish to do so), or with a registered username.

Managers and reps are encouraged to communicate with fellow employees here. If you are interested, we can also provide you with a private, password-protected board for your pod, district, etc. Just email webmaster@cafepharma.com for the details.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amevive

Anyone been given the skinny on when this is coming out? I keep getting the "any day" answer and I am really thinking of switching over and leaving GSK.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Amevive

When "what" is coming out...?
    Why do you want out of GSK? Do you dislike the company itself or is it that you've been doing pharm. sales so long, you need a new challenge?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the other poster was refering to the title of the post - on Amvive. As to whether the sales force will expand, I have not heard if it will or not. Maybe someone else knows!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was approved last week. They have already expanded the sales force and are ready to go. The package they offered was VERY good.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any idea on how many people are selling it? what was the package offered? It's not a huge company - would it be worth leaving one of the big pharmas for?

Thanks!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

I'd leave big pharma in a heartbeat for anyone of the big biotechs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think around 40 -60. The packages offered to my friends were a base of $95K with stock options and anice bonus package.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are your friends selling Amevive? Are they getting a lot of training since it is a completly new product? I HATE when you have to go in with little to no info. My old co just gave me stuff to read and then I was "up to speed", well I sure did not feel up to speed. That's all I need is to be there with a Dr and I do not know what I should.
    Anyway, they said they are selling direct to the Dr and the sales staff will not take over for 6 months. Has anyone else heard this?
    Thanks!
    Rua

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone know how to get an interview with Biogen? I have posted my resume onto their site with no luck. I have a few years of pharma sales experience. Thanks.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A POSITION IN THE UPSTATE OF SC. I HAVE BEEN IN THE INDUSTRY FOR OVER 10 YEARS, AND WOULD LIKE TO SWITCH TO A BIOTECH COMPANY. I HAVE AN EXCELLENT WORK HISTORY, WITH MANY AWARDS, AND MANY TOP 10 % SALES PERFORMANCE YEARS.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

g\shg\hfdh\hyeryerhfhbdfhbfdf\

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: General Biogen info

I have been approached about one of the new "account manager" jobs with Biogen. Does anyone know what the deal is? Sounds like if MDs already have a rep and a scientific person, why would they need another call? Is Amevive as good as it sounds, or is this is a last gasp? I have a lot vested in my current situation- Biogen sounds great but I'm nervous...Any thoughts out there?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 95K sounds great is this for the Amevive force or Tsyabri? You mentioned a nice bonus package. Any idea of ranges? What are they based on? Territory sales, goals etc.. thanks I am really interested.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UPDATE:

Wooops guess that base and those bonuses just went ~~poof~~

hahahaha

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

March 15, 2005 05:36 PM US Eastern Timezone

Stull, Stull & Brody Announces Class Action against Elan Corporation, PLC

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 15, 2005--Notice is hereby given that a class action lawsuit was filed on March 15, 2005 in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, against Elan Corporation, PLC ("Elan" or the "Company") (NYSE:ELN) on behalf of purchasers of Elan securities between February 18, 2004 and February 25, 2005, inclusive (the "Class Period").

The complaint charges Elan and certain of its officers and directors with violations of Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and SEC Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder. Elan is engaged in the development and commercialization of TYSABRI, a vaccine designed to treat patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), slowing the progression of the disease and reducing incidents of relapses. Throughout the Class Period, defendants caused Elan to make a number of positive statements about the status of its clinical trials and the commercial potential of TYSABRI, causing Elan's stock to trade at artificially inflated prices. The Complaint alleges that Elan violated federal securities laws by issuing false or misleading information. Specifically, defendants failed to disclose and misrepresented the following material adverse facts: (i) that TYSABRI(r) (natalizumab), a monoclonal antibody for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis ("MS"), posed serious immune-system side effects; (ii) that TYSABRI, like other MS drugs, made patients susceptible to progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy ("PML") by changing the way certain white blood cells function, thereby allowing PML, a normally dormant virus, to run rampant within the human body; (iii) that defendants knew and/or recklessly disregarded documented facts that MS drugs can cause greater incidents of PML to occur; and (iv) that defendants concealed these facts in order to fast track TYSABRI for FDA approval so that they could reap the financial benefits from the sales of the drug.

On February 28, 2005, Elan shocked the market by reporting that they were withdrawing TYSABRI from the market following reports of patients contracting PML, with at least one instance resulting in death. The announcement caused Elan's shares to plummet, declining over 70% to approximately $8 per share on February 28, 2005.

If you purchased Elan securities between February 18, 2004 and February 25, 2005, inclusive, you may, no later than May 3, 2005, request the Court appoint you as lead plaintiff. A lead plaintiff is a representative party that acts on behalf of other class members in directing the litigation. In order to be appointed lead plaintiff, the Court must determine that the class member's claim is typical of the claims of other class members, and that the class member will adequately represent the class. Under certain circumstances, one or more class members may together serve as "lead plaintiff." Your ability to share in any recovery is not, however, affected by the decision whether or not to serve as a lead plaintiff. You may retain Stull, Stull & Brody, or other counsel of your choice, to serve as your counsel in this action. Stull, Stull & Brody has litigated many class actions for violations of securities laws in federal courts over the past 30 years and has obtained court approval of substantial settlements on numerous occasions. Stull, Stull & Brody maintains offices in both New York and Los Angeles.

If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Tzivia Brody, Esq. at Stull, Stull & Brody by e-mail at SSBNY@aol.com, or by calling toll-free 1-800-337-4983, or by fax at 212/490-2022, or by writing to Stull, Stull & Brody, 6 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017. You can also visit our website at www.ssbny.com.

Contacts

Stull, Stull & Brody
    Tzivia Brody, Esq.
    1-800-337-4983
    Fax: 212-490-2022
    SSBNY@aol.com

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]

March 15, 2005 05:36 PM US Eastern Timezone

Stull, Stull & Brody Announces Class Action against Elan Corporation, PLC

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 15, 2005--Notice is hereby given that a class action lawsuit was filed on March 15, 2005 in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, against Elan Corporation, PLC ("Elan" or the "Company") (NYSE:ELN) on behalf of purchasers of Elan securities between February 18, 2004 and February 25, 2005, inclusive (the "Class Period").

The complaint charges Elan and certain of its officers and directors with violations of Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and SEC Rule 10b-5 promulgated thereunder. Elan is engaged in the development and commercialization of TYSABRI, a vaccine designed to treat patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), slowing the progression of the disease and reducing incidents of relapses. Throughout the Class Period, defendants caused Elan to make a number of positive statements about the status of its clinical trials and the commercial potential of TYSABRI, causing Elan's stock to trade at artificially inflated prices. The Complaint alleges that Elan violated federal securities laws by issuing false or misleading information. Specifically, defendants failed to disclose and misrepresented the following material adverse facts: (i) that TYSABRI(r) (natalizumab), a monoclonal antibody for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis ("MS"), posed serious immune-system side effects; (ii) that TYSABRI, like other MS drugs, made patients susceptible to progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy ("PML") by changing the way certain white blood cells function, thereby allowing PML, a normally dormant virus, to run rampant within the human body; (iii) that defendants knew and/or recklessly disregarded documented facts that MS drugs can cause greater incidents of PML to occur; and (iv) that defendants concealed these facts in order to fast track TYSABRI for FDA approval so that they could reap the financial benefits from the sales of the drug.

On February 28, 2005, Elan shocked the market by reporting that they were withdrawing TYSABRI from the market following reports of patients contracting PML, with at least one instance resulting in death. The announcement caused Elan's shares to plummet, declining over 70% to approximately $8 per share on February 28, 2005.

If you purchased Elan securities between February 18, 2004 and February 25, 2005, inclusive, you may, no later than May 3, 2005, request the Court appoint you as lead plaintiff. A lead plaintiff is a representative party that acts on behalf of other class members in directing the litigation. In order to be appointed lead plaintiff, the Court must determine that the class member's claim is typical of the claims of other class members, and that the class member will adequately represent the class. Under certain circumstances, one or more class members may together serve as "lead plaintiff." Your ability to share in any recovery is not, however, affected by the decision whether or not to serve as a lead plaintiff. You may retain Stull, Stull & Brody, or other counsel of your choice, to serve as your counsel in this action. Stull, Stull & Brody has litigated many class actions for violations of securities laws in federal courts over the past 30 years and has obtained court approval of substantial settlements on numerous occasions. Stull, Stull & Brody maintains offices in both New York and Los Angeles.

If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Tzivia Brody, Esq. at Stull, Stull & Brody by e-mail at SSBNY@aol.com, or by calling toll-free 1-800-337-4983, or by fax at 212/490-2022, or by writing to Stull, Stull & Brody, 6 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017. You can also visit our website at www.ssbny.com.

Contacts

Stull, Stull & Brody
    Tzivia Brody, Esq.
    1-800-337-4983
    Fax: 212-490-2022
    SSBNY@aol.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does this person have nothing of his/her own to say, but he/she can't even come up with anything that's less than 7-months old. I wonder if he/she will be posting on the BIIB website after Tysabri comes back and they're working somewhere else.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interested in finding out more info on the copromotion of Biogen's and Genentech new RA drug.