Who is the worst manager you have ever worked for past or present?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha! John Powers has got to be bi-polar.... the stories I’ve heard about him are horrific. Feel bad for his current team.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work for him now. It’s awful. My whole team is hoping to get a job somewhere else. Micromanages everyone to death.. Always comes up with random “ideas” for approaches with customers which are completely nuts which make you wanna pull your hair out. When you do details, he’ll hang out down the hall and work on his golf swing in the middle of the office. Ugh ‍♂️ How about our 2-3hr long conference calls where we talk about the same useless info we discussed on the last call. When he rides with us, he talks very poorly about our teammates to us as well. I’m sure he talks about me with them when he works with them. Can’t wait to leave.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG, I just died laughing. It’s been over 15 years since I’ve worked for him and it seems as if little has changed. The golf swing comment is spot on!! He was awful.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A manager who liked it nice and fancy on company’s time and money when working in Southern California, always acted cool, relaxed and friendly to the reps. However, when numbers don’t look good or if faced with difficult realities in the market, this manager always acts like skies are falling down. when faced with ethical dilemma, always evades. Also likes to have someone else do the dirty jobs and likes to keep hands clean to maintain nice and cool image.
    Another manager thrives doing dirty jobs. Consistently kept knee on my neck but upon seeing I can’t breathe anymore would pull back up and pretend to help by constantly suggesting me to leave my job. This manager also kept telling me he would also be leaving his job soon and because he is tired and insinuates of bad practices and culture that we deal with here. These are just some examples why GSK likes to label managers FLLs - First Line Losers.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

regional manager in oregon horrible

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dorsey Peete has no business acumen and has no integrity. With “leaders” like her, it’s easy to see why gsk is a shitshow. Thanks gsk for another awful hire

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street is she is a bigot

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Besides Dorsey Peete, terrible managers in specialty business unit. those heartless creatures don’t care about the reps and more so for patients. They are just all about their own agenda and the big money they make. If reps get in the way between them and their money, they get rid of the reps. What happened to GSK?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fink! Enough said.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stupid and racist bully. Kinda funny how she quietly went away. Also, broadcasts how little gsk thinks of patient advocacy placing her there. I’m certain she’ll still find ways to go after white males instead of doing a single thing for patients

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The nightmare is over for all the reps in St Louis and Missouri with the retirement of FLL Tim Myers. A horrendous and vindictive person, who thrived making his reps miserable. He ruined many careers just to intimidate his reps and show he had power over others. He also abused his position as a FLL to have intimate relationships with some of his reps. May he rot in hell.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street Myers liked fellow FLLs as well. They all have heads so self-inflated they can't fit through a door. Pull up a chair and watch this shit show play out. I'll make popcorn. The bullying continues.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thought JP retired when he opened a restaurant... could’ve sworn someone said that a while back at a National meeting. He sounds like a horrible leader from what I’ve heard.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FINK FINK FINK FINK. Nobody worse. End this thread with this . Were FINKED!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kevin in Louisiana several years back really lived in the grey area , always felt like if I followed his lead I would get fired for compliance violations

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is considered grey area now a days???

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our manager in the VBU in the NW always pushing the envelope with customers and the reps. This person will not accept the fact that COVID is the reason our Shingrix sales are down. This person told a customer that there is not data to support the overlap use of Shingrix and a COVID vaccine and that if patients were vaccinated for COVID at another location other than their clinic- anytime would be appropriate to vaccinate for shingles in at their location based on the seriousness of the disease.
    I called this violation in to deaf ears.
    Way to go GSK.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Her said, she said.
    It's tough to prove to anyone else your manager said this. Contact your customer and have them speak to gsk medical and ask medical if what the manger said is valid. Have the customer provide managers name to call center. This should put the manager in the hot seat.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The leadership in the vaccines VBU is about as bad as it gets right now. That’s why there is a retention problem and morale is so low.