Why are Vistakon Sales Dropping?

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2015 at 8:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone worried about these numbers? Any hope that they'll be turned around? Worldwide sales were down considerably for the last quarter and the full year. What's going on?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales here have been dropping for a long time, who cares. Ready for the AZ NSM, where the panties will be droppin and the p@$$& will be poppin!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suddenly all these new threads about vistakon...

The franchise is fucked-up so bad that the awesome "new" leaders can't make the next wrong move quick enough. This business had the category by the balls 6 years ago and blew it through a lack of sustained investment. Now it's all the fault of the people who made it a success in the first place. Bring some more big-ego people on who haven't got a handle on how the optics business works, pay them more money and watch it go down the plug-hole.

Funny stuff. Sad though.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is spot on. Sad come but true, this place is soon to be become 2nd place among major contact lens companies and will likely settle for third behind Alcon and Cooper. 60% of the US market is still in reusable contacts and the last significant reusable product JNJ launched was back in 2005. Since then every other company has had multiple product launches in the segment and will continue to while JNJ is sitting on the sideline watching their market share be eroded year by year. With all that said, what else is new?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Highly doubtful

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Watch the US market share figures over the next few months. Vistakon will soon be number 2 for the first time in their history. Champagne out in our office!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Lasik is also making contacts less relevant. It's been shown to be safe with ~20 years of experience and the cost is much lower now. Yes I am a troll. Deal with it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone see the Q4 numbers yesterday? How is this going to impact the Jax plant?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bausch+Lomb baby!!!! We are kicking everyones asses now. We will be #1 very soon

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

B&L, what a joke. you will be lucky if you can maintain 4th place. Ultra sales bottoming out due to poor comfort, OD's trying to send back inventory but denied by B&L. By the way J&J Vision care sales way above the industry avg. ALCON has tanked and on the verge of being sold. Cooper Vision is the only other company that seems to know what it is doing.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just over four years later and B+L is still in fourth place with essentially the same line-up of products. Oh wait, they just launched a new SiHy daily (UNVISION). Number seven to market. Way to innovate B+L! Only thing the launch will do is cannibalize their Biotrue oneday product. They are bleeding cash with their high rebates, doctor payouts and bloated "leadership". Their big idea is taking over the private label market. Think Cooper will even notice them? At least they recycle all our lenses for us.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I interviewed with them years ago. The VP of sales was from Pfizer. An amazing A-- hole.
    They offered and I passed and when they asked me why I told them and they WEREN'T surprised. They totally knew how bad her was.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I first trialed contact lenses, Doc had me do ACCUVUE first since would get employee discount. Poor comfort, CIBA lenses were so much better. Ended up wearing that brand for next 20 years.

Now retired and don’t wear contacts anymore. Price increases each year were obscene. Now saving $600 per annum.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vistakon people very left-brain, like Cordis was. No Sales or Marketing expertise. Not customer focused. Too much time analyzing and dotting i’s and crossing t’s. Very Nerdy group.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales have declined for years now....

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how could their cost structure be competitive when they have 20,000 associates at the Jacksonville campus and 15,000 at the Limerick campus. Look at how many Directors and VPs there are in Vistakon, OMG. Layers and Layers. No longer a cash cow. Biggest waste of J&J dollars ever. No reason NOT to be a market leader with all of those resources. Mostly people that moved down there from NJ and PA to let J&J pay for their pre-retirement relocation and they pay 0% state income taxes. Living the “Suite Life”of Zack and Cody at their $5 million beach house. They are still employed by J&J but they are semi-retired, working at 10% effort and hope to be eliminated in order to get a big severance package, unemployment, then 24 months later collect their J&J pension.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales at vistakon have been on a decline due to covid