Will the liars and cheaters be cut?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2021 at 10:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are wrong again! First, I'm NOT in primary care. So no layoff for me. Second, I work harder than most and take my profession seriously. Been w/GSK for 25 years. I learned long ago, I'm not going to take any crap from egotistical out of control management. I was just like you. Always worried that my manger would fire me. Then I realized, I work hard and give an honest effort day in and day out. Always participate and up for a challenge. Why should I be afraid? Decided to not live in fear. That was almost 18 years ago. During COVID had an AVP and RSD ask for unethical activity metrics. Called their $hit out. I was not alone with my complaints. When they wouldn't listen, I took it to the "hotline". After 3 weeks was able to shut their $hit down! AVP is currently on probation. Yes..on probation. You may know who I speak of. As I said, If I am retaliated against GSK will have a nice lawsuit on their hands. I also received and "A" for my annual calibration. Trust me, management has no idea who dropped the dime on them. But it was warranted and it was a righteous claim. I'm trying to help you and you are refusing to listen. Hey, I get that you're scared but you needn't be. So dial those digits and speak up! (866)-475-3844. If you don't make the call you should seriously just stfu! You are the the one most likely not working. The one taking advantage of the lack of managerial oversight. You are the lil b!tch. Sack up and make the call. Take from the Zig. Zigle out!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Zig may be a bit egotistical, but absolutely correct nonetheless. Myself and a colleague did a similar thing towards an FLL a few years back. There were two behaviors occurring which were out of bounds, one was metrics related the other was promotion activities related. We documented these legitimate complaints and each called the integrity helpline independently, same week, with one of the issues apiece.
    It worked. Mostly. Couldn’t be rid of the FLL but those specific behaviors stopped and our anonymity was each maintained. I almost welcomed the possibility of retaliation because then my case would have been easy to prosecute and win IMO, but that never happened. FLL and gsk never provided that smoking gun. Instead, in typical gsk fashion, two calibrations later I received a “4” as a the FLL was about to be moved to a neighboring district and that continued with the new FLL who was friends with the outgoing one. Quiet Collusion on their part was highly likely, and my colleague had moved on to another division in the meanwhile.
    It didn’t matter though as I kept working hard, clearly showing my competence and those forced-ranking scores came back up. It was liberating in a way. If more reps took the chance and pushed back in this manner then the inappropriate behaviors of FLLs and RVPs would be much less. But we don’t. The divide and conquer process of management works to their advantage, and the herd has been
    severely culled of any “rebelliousness “ by this point in our evolution. Soooo....unless we do something, we get what we deserve.
    Pucker up, little buttercups.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the last post...Ziggy here. Thanks for the great story and I believe you. I can't stress it enough, the integrity hotline is ANONYMOUS! If you are calling to complain about something frivolous, don't waste your time. However, if you have an issue that is legit, CALL! For example, during the beginning and and the height of COVID, there were FLL's and RVPs who completely disregarding our health, our families health and the health of the patients we come in contact with. Again, many of you called the hotline and viola.. the company had to have discussions with rouge managers. You may also recall that GSK was the last big pharma organization to pull reps from the field and the first to send reps back into the field...selling inhalers no less that don't even make a profit for the company. People, GSK is sinking. We all know it. If you choose to stay at least make it a place that is hospitable and a place that respects employees. Call the hotline and hold management accountable! Zigler out!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“just like you”

Eat a bag of dicks, Zig. 23 years for me and I just raised my hand.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a bunch of friggin babies. I’m going to tattle that someone isn’t working. People have been stinking making crap up for decades. Many of those same people got promoted even to levels in RTP. Multiple winner’s circle reps really no better than the next guy. Good luck whoever is hoping to stay on. Otherwise either raise your hand or stop crying!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#22 follow up. I have the same seniority as Zig, but was satisfied to take a package in the previous go-round and hit the retirement button when the opportunity presented. I would have been happy to keep working past the magic 75 points but the situation CREATED BY GSK had deteriorated to such a point that it made no sense. A once-a-year lunch appointment with FLL tag-along where I crushed it and got the MDs to initiate and continue writing Anoro was not counted because they weren’t counted targets but the PA was??? Nuts. Just insane. Plus, how often do the midlevel’s Rx’s fall under the MD’s DEA #? If I had cared more I would have gone to a shareholder meeting and blown them away with some real field stories.
    For years after that idiotic Patient First lying-carousel I had hoped that gsk would change for the better, learn from its past and make good decisions, but at a certain point it became obvious that (US sales and marketing) gsk is hopeless. No-sees really are no-sees for every rep in the world which I inhabit, and my personal access was much better than most.
    So, you are all probably hearing real-life stories that every one of you has experienced. There are so many more. Bottom line - unless you are really close to retirement and/or a package, LEAVE NOW! If you value your future, give up hanging it on gsk if you are in field sales in the US. They will disappoint again, and again, and again. The saddest thing of all is that gsk hurts itself, repeatedly, with no end in sight. The fantasy of FLLs and reps rising up and righting the ship is dead. Deal with it.
    Pucker up

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like one of the token reps that somehow stick around

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I raised my hand and took the package. Thought about working another 5 years but the thought of being managed..ahem...mis-managed, was simply too much. I leave with a little over 1 year of severance, lifetime healthcare and a nice 401K balance. Things could be a lot worse. The only regret I have is not speaking up more to the mid-level managers who abused their roles. I wish everyone well. Those who remain are either close to retirement or are actively looking to leave. From what I can see, the longterm future of GSK is bleak. Doesn't matter which division you are in. Biologics has a ton of competition with better players right around the corner. Oncology just $hit the bed. Vaccines is a complete mess. Like I said, wish you all the best. - GSK Lifer.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mostly token managers I’d take the package as well

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Just give them what they want”. That was the advice that several colleagues gave me after I started giving some pushback, but the difficulties faced with giving pushback was less than the pain of going along with the idiocy. A personal choice to be sure, and kudos to #28 for admitting the one regret he/she has. You are in the majority among the leftovers here, and probably reflecting on what some braver others might have encouraged you to do in the past, and what you could have done.

It’s a tough deal, watching the authority figure make mistakes consistently over a period of many years. The populace/underlings to some extent have an obligation to call the problems out so that wrong behaviors can be corrected. This is true for most any entity, from families all the way up to governments. Granted, not everyone is in a position to be in the forefront of such activities, but there is always SOMETHING that can be done to help steer the ship in the right direction.
    Too many of the remaining field force abandoned this responsibility completely. Too much “just giving management what they want”, no matter how completely inane, has helped to bring us to where we are now.
    Learn from this, and apply it appropriately to the other situations in life which you will face.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great post #28. Several states in the Upper Midwest were left with the ass kissers. The manager who remains is absolutely the worst. The reps and manager suck up to Britt. It’s toxic!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a nationwide issue

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't have lifetime healthcare at GSK-US. Been gone for years. Troll, Fool, or Liar; take your pick of any or all...Unless you are under 65 and have terminal asshole. Then, I apologize.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

incorrect mostly, if have reached the number you get healthcare at the same buy in as an employee. For just 2 people it’s about $250 per month until 65 and then you do get supplemental as well

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally false. You can buy healthcare when you reach the number at price based on years with company. At 65 you must go on Medicare ( if no longer with Gsk) and you get subsidy monthly to help pay supplement. Think it maxes out at little less than $2000/yr based on years with company. Spouse if on Gsk insurance receives slightly less. Not worth anything really- not worth sticking around with Gsk for. Look it up on HR site. It’s all there.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’ve been with the company for 25 years you can’t claim you take your professional career seriously lol! 25 years and all you are is someone who takes catering orders and spits out a script each call.

You can claim you’re proud but every night you wish your children had a real parent to look up to, with a real career.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am 65 and receive $1600 a year from GSK to contribute to funding my healthcare, my wife 65 receives almost $1200. Hey it's not what I thought I'd get when I started with GSK 35 years ago, but I'll take it.
    When I was on the pre-medicare GSK plan recently, I paid $100 a month and my wife $300. I was happy to get that prior to medicare.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, I but it’s definitely worth it if you are under 65.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To answer the OP: they will be rewarded, possibly promoted. As usual.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the OP. This Upper Midwest State only kept 1 rep. He is what the OP stated. Yes he is!!! Unbelievable. Has watched his own back for Years.