Worst Amgen DM ever?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks i will ring them tomorrow.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be careful. I know someone that called HR and was steamrolled by the HR rep who called the manager. I'm telling you it's done all of the time here. Make sure if you do call you've got plenty of documentation to back you up. Even just recording things in your iphone planner with as much detail as possible especially if the manager is asking you do to do more admin like extra reports or things like that. My manager did that to the last person she ran off. It's a real skill they develop, bullying reps. They've got it down to a science at Amgen.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes call us. We will have your manager fired if warranted. Your info is confidential and you won’t have a target on your own back. We are here for all you fine folks.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm wondering about this. you may be right. Systemic bullying is pervasive here.

Mgrs. make up stuff to fit their agenda. They put crap in FCR's and mid year, end of years that's often made up and cite. behaviors when those behaviors aren't there just wrong.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullying is the right word. Managers do it all the time when they want someone out of the company or off the team. They can be the best rep on the team, if that manager doesn’t like them (or feels threatened by them) regardless of what they have done, what they haven’t done or even what they have thought to of done, that manager will twist what they say into something that is a lie. It will then be upon the rep to prove that they didn’t do what they are being accused of. HR didn’t help the rep. HR is there to protect the company.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Erika Lousy in TN is the worst manager! She never did anything as a rep doing even less as a manager except taking care of her favorite pets on team. Looking a blind eye to major Federal laws and making shit up against people that she doesn’t like. Last of last every quarter in ranking, way to go! RSD is terrible as well complete fucking online poker addict loser. One too many hits with a hockey puck, eh!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree

so much bullying

female managers at this co appear to be the worst

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m dealing with this badly for almost two years in a back office function where everyone stayed too long and the lead aggressive bully and passive aggressive bully followers of the group developed savvy manipulative ways to rule their inefficient roost, create lies together, coordinated in false performance statements, fighting off change, which I guess I represented to the mob members. Ive spent countless weekend days reading articles and books about bullying and mobbing (never even had heard that term before last year), motivating myself to try and just ignore it as advice says (keep your head down and don’t fight back until you can move on, which I guess doesn’t work for a field role) or strategizing what I would do with all the documentation i compiled. I also follow #workplacebullying on LinkedIn for some sense of community to not feel so isolated and to help me not take it personally. This thread pulled up in my search today.

It’s horrible and so depressing, just kills all joy for life. Not sure what to do - trapped in the suburbs without other companies nearby, stuck due to my spouse’s job, trying to be hopeful about moving to another group. But the longer I’m here the more chances they have to discredit me, and they’ve cut me out of almost all work and meeting - more so since we went remote.

I feel for everyone experiencing some version of this. It’s hard to shake in down time.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cliff Hughes!! Hands down worst DM, RD overall horrible person

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're bitter

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I experienced exactly what you are and you're right it's hard to even shake it during down time & that's the worst. I'm sorry you're going through this. It's real and it seems to not be uncommon at Amgen. I called my "HR person" and he ended up totally being on the manager's side so be careful if you call them. I got the hell out. It's not worth staying in a position that makes you feel like that. It's led by the manager who allows it to go on and who may even be the one instigating it. Subtle things like singling you out in certain ways or discrediting you is hard to prove in court so you can't file a harassment suit. You can however, document the hell out of everything and ask a lawyer to speak to HR on your behalf. That gets their attention and they may settle for a small severance to give you time to find something else to try and just get you to move on which you shouldn't have to do. There are many companies that are offering virtual positions now they weren't offering before the pandemic so maybe look into that as an option. I swore I'd never work in pharma again but I love my team I work with now and am glad I tried it again. Hang in there. You're not alone. It's happened to plenty of people at Amgen. Keep your head up and just do the best job you can. F them.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why? What does he do?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cynthia C-M Boston. The most argumentative person I’ve ever met. Got into altercations with numerous reps and DMs over many years until she was finally shown the door at BMS after HR deep dive due to compliance infractions. Enjoy Amgen.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like MD in the OBU. Argues with other managers over the most minute issues just to be heard and drive his point home. Wonder how well he will do under KJ. They did not see eye to eye when they were managers together.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so much bullying here by narcissistic and control freak managers. use their behavior crap even if you're a phenomenal rep if they don't like you to bring you down, give you less money and not exceed expectations. Amgen and their behavior ratings which are so high allows managers to bully their reps if they are in the popular group who suck up constantly.

hr is always on the side of the managers so you better have a lot of documentation

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is all shameful. The fact that Amgen is always on the side of the dm's is wrong. culture of fear

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This happened to someone in my district. Actually happened to several in my district in the same territory & by the same manager. It happens at other companies but I've never heard of it being this insidious. Not liking one of your reps or team-members is going to happen eventually but part of working in a team is trying overcome it and not target people, especially if you're the manager that hired them in the first place.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like KC