You Reap What You Sow

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's about time this all unravels for good.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love to see “the Gorsk” get his due for his part in this.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Assuming the allegations are at least somewhat accurate there will be a swift, quiet settlement.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are so many stories like this out there. The reason we don’t hear about them is because J&J forces signature on severance package within 3 weeks or lose severance. Most women have given in and just signed rather than continue the torture through a legal battle. Good for Gina, I don’t know her but wish her well and hope others will follow her example.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They'll want this out of the press QUICKLY

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please do not feel sorry for this woman. She retired from JNJ at 55 years of age, at a VP level (not sure if 1 or 2), with FULL BENEFITS, and all of her stock, her massive LTI, and her pension. She will be raking in just as much as if she was still employed. https://endpts.com/former-jj-vp-sues-pharma-giant-accusing-top-execs-of-discriminating-harassing-and-retaliating-against-her/ has her having to take a 90K pay cut. Imagine how much money she was making when that happened and guess how many people at that company will never see 90K in salary.

I'm sure there a bunch of women and men who will stand up and talk to her ethics, morals, and her treatment of others because you do not get to a VP level in JNJ by being "nice". Just hope the corpses in this case stay quiet since JNJ does investigate all complaints...and while they will side with management 100 percent of the time, they usually do uncover quite a bit of baggage from those who are complaining.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Except she didn’t retire, she was pushed out. Big difference.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's the biggest blunder. Every other stepford wife in leadership will say "GINA RETIRED". As a man who was over 50 who also got "laid off", the word was I "wasn't JNJ material, I was too highly paid, reorganizing and the job does not exist anymore". What ever makes them feel good...and they ALL align. In reality, I got laid off for standing up for the people, fighting against incompetent HR representatives, and leadership who required me ONLY interview people of a certain race. Fun times.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. After a long run, I left in my late 50’s specifically because I hated having to be a phony to survive @ JNJ. The first half of my time @ JNJ I really liked it. Then you get to a certain level and realize first-hand what a phony the company is, they only care about money and public image. I wanted to spend the last 8-10 years of my career enjoying my job, co-workers and company. I should have left sooner, #notmycompany.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From the complaint, I didn't see much clear-cut evidence of discrimination based on sex. Gina had disagreements and fights with newly hired or appointed senior leaders in Janssen R&D who were male. On several occasions she was treated in ways that were disrespectful. But without more context it's hard to decide whether the cutthroat jerk behavior she experienced was due to her sex or sexual orientation or just part of the rough-and-tumble of corporate upper management political infighting.

The allegation that Mathai Mammen's attitude toward her changed dramatically for the worse once he learned of her sexual orientation (by her telling, because until then he had been romantically interested in her) seemed like the clearest example of discrimination based on sex and sexual orientation. I don't know if this is plausible; I thought Mathai has a good reputation. If the allegations are true, one would expect a lot of other "me too" examples of similar behavior toward other subordinates since behavior like this is rarely a one-off thing.

More than anything that complaint left me depressed about the amount of time that senior leadership in Janssen R&D appears to be spending on political infighting rather than getting useful work done. The explicit threat attributed to Darren Snellgrove that he would cut Gina's budget based on a political vendetta rather than some real or pro forma strategic goal was crazy: "What are you going to do? Sure, go and tell someone, see if I care, but just remember, even if they change your reporting line, I control your headcount and your budget, and there are 350 lives that depend on you, so think about that before you go to bed at night." If the Janssen R&D CFO did say that, it's evidence of a toxic work culture and by admission a willingness to make major budgetary decisions based on a political vendetta rather than a legitimate business reason.

https://www.smithmullin.com/wp-content/uploads/JJ-Complaint.pdf

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The main actors involved were transplants from other Pharma cos (including Snellgrove who started with Centocor). To them, the Credo was just a piece of paper that may as well been used for butt wiping. AG completely endorsed the Risperidone off-label "initiative" and walked away from the catastrophic ending with nary a scrape.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If nothing else, Mammen needs to up his game. His line about not believing in fate but something brought us together at this point in time is so freakin cheesy. That line only works on drunk college girls at a frat party.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AG was head of the Risperdal posse which cost JNJ $2bb+ and was also in charge of Medical device when the DePuy ASR hips went to sh^t. He covered that up too. His image is as phony as his capped teeth and colored hair

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The risperdal fiasco was so bad he left JNJ and hid at Novartis for 4 years. Yes, when the FDA
    realized the hips were faulty JNJ shipped them to Europe where the standards are lower. Patient care is #1 my ass.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

think of how much they must have loved this guy to BRING HIM BACK after several years at Novartis to be CEO of J&J? He must have the goods on them?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Believe it or not, personally went through similar experience at the "end" of a long tenure (almost 30 years) with a particular Pharma company. And, I am a white, heterosexual male. God forbid! This is horrific, traumatizing and degrading to anyone that has been marginalized, ostracized and set up as a target. Glad some people fight the legal fight. Go get 'em! And win!

And the poster is exactly right on the severance packages and timelines as I had the most powerful, and successful legal practices in a major city accept my case. But my wife and I decided we did not want to make money that way. I know, we should have taught them good old boys at the very top a costly lesson, but there is high stress, high risk and a sense of dignity. Besides, I am blessed in many ways including net worth which means nothing. But I don't need their rancid money like the corporate executive dogs do. Money doesn't define you. And the truth is, it does not change their immoral and unethical behavior. It may cost someone their job but usually I see them moved to another "home" in the corporation, they move the chairs around, make some big speech about integrity and inclusion. But they really don't change at the top. The top is where the royalty lives. And they do everything to sustain their royal status, keep or expand their kingdom and control the peasants below. If you think otherwise, your a corporate working fool. Everything they do is for those purposes, not for the long term good of something greater themselves and their power base. This is major league politics. It is dirty, brutal and ugly in the human condition as "we" sell life saving drugs!

Bottom line corporate America is full of hypocrisy, criminal and civil illegality every day that can affect anyone if you find yourself in the cross hairs, The target of someone with low integrity, ambition and a moral compass that changes based on agenda. The Pharmaceutical industry is full of crocodiles and snakes right up to the executive suite. I lived it for 34 years and am glad I am out. You can enjoy that shit. Cause that what it is.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I say, let the court decide what is true and valid in the law. And, good luck with the sharks owned by J&J. The masters of circumvention of law, rather than honorably following it.

Regardless of position or title, or total compensation, no one deserves to be treated in ways that put a target on their back. Again, I have experienced it and it is horrific. If its a manufactured, overstated case, then that should come out. Most of these are settled as we know out of court. Why?

The 3 Qs. It's quiet. It's quick. It's a "Quarter" in financial damages, if that, to a behemoth with little substantive morals like Johnson & Johnson.

Alright America! Praise the holy oligarchs on highest corporate places! You rule the world today!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alright America! Praise the holy oligarchs on highest corporate places! You rule the world today! >>>>

Not often we get a religious chant on CP. Well done!