15k retention bonus

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Jun 1, 2012 at 2:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many of you will sick around until June of next year to get your bonus if Amylin is not sold?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$15K that's all folks. laughable if you ask me. if you want me to stick around you'll need to double the offer

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think there is one of us on the Ventiv side who came here via a recent lay-off who did not have an eerily similar phone call weeks or months before the axe fell. Mine was a bonus contest right in the middle of swirling re-org rumors to "keep us focused on moving the needle" and "controlling what we can" by getting out there and go, go, go! Hey, look at that shiny object over there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

History says when retention bonuses are offered 100% of salesforce is out in less than a year.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the 15k just for contract reps? What is the retention bonus for the actual Amylin reps? 15k good deal for contract reps

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does that 15K come with a reach around? or just a rag that smells like ether

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best reply ever. Loved hearing the typical ass kissers on my call saying "what a great investment in us, thank you."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm good with the offer, never expected it and I'm willing to ride this out- each person has to make their own decision based on their individual circumstance.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks Jake!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, such a GREAT offer, they become billionaires and give us 15k to fight in the battlefield. I'll be double dipping!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMLN’s Management communicated to their Sales Reps this week (full-time as well as contracted Reps) that they would all be eligible for (and or) receive a year-end “cash” bonus if they stayed with the company through the end of the year.

In my own humble opinion this communication has several implications.

1) A “Buy-out” deal is much more likely than OUS partnership deal.

2) The Acquiring Company will already have an existing (diabetes) Sales Force. For example, Merck, Sanofi, or Takeda vs. Astrazeneca.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My guess is Sanofi, and we are all out by December. December has become the standard layoff month in this industry.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amylin reps and contract reps get the same amount.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anybody know what retention plan (if any??) is for other departments - such as IT, facilities, accounting, R&D, etc. I am curious.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Start praying NOW that it is NOT the mother ship!!! IF you think it is bad now, it will be worse. Just ask some of the SP people.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Merry Christmas"

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding a retention package for operations,a big company will eliminate you in a few months, Amylin has already spent 6 months on transition plans everything is spelled out in th eBOX system for a new buyer

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok- the only people retained during transition will be sales force, (all but symlin), and select upper management and key internal. The retention bonus is not a 'severance' or a 'parting gift', it is an attempt by purchasing company to ensure there is as little disruption in the field as possible as the buyout is announced and transition takes place. Once the dust settles and salesforce needs are evaluated, the impact on the 600+ reps will be determined. Moral of the story, if you are an Amylin or Ventiv rep, you have some time, relax, sell your bag and you increase your odds of securing a place with the new company (of course, there is the risk you will not be kept) and collect your retention bonus in January OR relax as you have some time, start networking and seek another opportunity, particularly if you already have one foot out the door.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're right. legacy should be spared going into 2013. so as long as you're performing I think you're safe

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Todays news makes Jan 1 look awfully far away. What did they say about the company being sold before then? Do we get it anyway?