2019:BMS buys celgene for 74b. 2024 BMS market cap: 89b

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, May 1, 2024 at 6:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The investment community did'nt realize there were So many Texans on Wall St...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

having worked at both companies, I can say unequivocally that Celgene people were smart and got things done. People were excited to be there. BMS is bloated, all talk, no action. Ridiculously cumbersome processes at every turn. Lifers who can’t do things differently and who undermine efficiency all the time.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just described Big Pharma as a whole.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS lifers with talent and time for a career change all left. Celgene is now unencumbered and free to dazzle with innovative style!
    We look forward to

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS lifers with talent and time for a career change all left. Celgene is now unencumbered and free to dazzle with innovative style!
    The scientific and investment worlds look forward to being dazzled.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% - and at CELG we got paid for performance

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My Celgene team in the NE runs circles around their BMS counterparts!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked at CELG I&I and worked at Amgen INBU for a year. I left. Celgene ruined me to all other experiences. As a rep, I got paid to perform. No silly business about faking calls for the KPI dashboard. No doing programs unless I thought they were needed. No silly teleconferences 3x a week for 4DX or ACT Promotion fakery. I got paid to haul freight.

I did and as an Executive Rep, I got $75k a year in equity and I made >$125k a year in IC every single year. I took trips to Spain, Italy, France, Bali and was scheduled to go to Greece when Amgen ruined the fantasy.

I can't say anything good or bad about BMY, but I left Amgen because it's cumbersome bureaucracy and its laser focus on activity. All leadership cares about is stuffing the KPI dashboard with numbers that look good to Thousand Oaks.

Culture is king.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A simple concept that Big Pharma forgot long ago. We are in sales. If you want to motivate the field, show me the money. There’s a total imbalance when the CEO is making 18-20 a year and reps are getting scraps. If they want employees invested they need to rethink how we are being paid.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...and the stock trades in the $40's/share. Maybe Celgenies should stop running in circles?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RIP Charlie & BMS (be-a-mess).

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Schering Plough was like this too, if you performed, they paid. Do companies like these exist anymore?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve been a leader in both organizations, and I can tell you that my Celgene people are better.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

43$/share says it ain't showing.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not my Celgene team’s fault

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it is showing because the Celgene people are gone

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Left a couple of your Legends in C-Suite. Please come pick them up.