60 Minutes

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somehow I just knew that would work.
    These idiots are tragically easy to bait.
    Keep up the good work..I'm sure it does wonders for your self esteem :-(((((

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The winter of 2014-15 has been so exceptionally warm across the western third of the United States that even though winter hasn't ended yet, you would practically have to drop a giant glacier on San Francisco and several other major cities to prevent them from having their warmest winter in recorded history.

http://www.weather.com/news/climate/news/warmest-winter-on-record-2014-2015

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I'm sure it does for you :p

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By 2027, I hope you will have sold your property to a greater fool in Boston, Cambridge, Newark, Jersey City, Bayonne, Elizabeth, on the Jersey shore, or anywhere else that is considered a high-risk coastal flood zone.

Have fun planning your next home purchase:
    http://flood.firetree.net/

Alternatively, I hear the FEMA camps will have plenty of spare bunks...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has less to do with self esteem than it does about your and your family's Life, Liberty and continued ability to pursue Happiness.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Climate scientist Katharine Hayhoe discusses the emotional ties connected to climate change and people's understanding of climate change at Climate One. "I don't believe that facts are enough," says Hayhoe, "this is not necessarily an issue of facts, it's an issue about fear. There's an enormous amount of fear that we are dealing with an issue where the impacts are distant and far away, but the solutions are imminent and people fear them as being very costly and that they are infringing on our freedom, our economy, and our rights."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiMAaPlNj8s

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Five environment-specific groups alone raise more than $1.6 billion per year (Greenpeace, The Nature Conservancy, World Wildlife Fund, National Wildlife Federation, and the Sierra Club). All five focus solely on environmental issues and are frequent and prominent advocates for global warming restrictions. When global warming activists claim global warming skeptics receive the lion’s share of funding in the global warming debate, they are lying through their teeth.

The long and short of it is think tanks and activist groups supporting global warming restrictions raise and spend far more money than think tanks and activist groups opposing global warming restrictions. Global warming activists may think they are scoring short-term political points by lying and misleading the public about such funding, but their lies will certainly come back to haunt them. They always do.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly, someone should be pursuing MORONS.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forbes. Great source of information when it comes to all things climate science related.
    And OMG!!!!
    They raised $1.6 billion in one year?!

That's peanuts compared to:

The largest oil and gas companies recorded more than $100 billion in profits during 2013, according to company financial records, ensuring the industry’s continued place among the most profitable in the world. Two American companies, ExxonMobil and Chevron, ranked second and third in the Fortune 500 index with $44.9 billion and $26.2 billion in profits, respectively.

Nevertheless, American taxpayers continue to subsidize* the oil and gas industry costing taxpayers at least $65 billion in the next 10 years.

http://www.taxpayer.net/library/article/oil-and-gas-industry-profits-and-lobbying-remain-high-in-2013-billions-in-f

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't understand climate change in pieces, says climate scientist Gavin Schmidt. It's the whole, or it's nothing. In this illuminating talk, he explains how he studies the big picture of climate change with mesmerizing models that illustrate the endlessly complex interactions of small-scale environmental events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJJxn-gCdo

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread is better than a Saturday Night comedy skit!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you think about climate change?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think "climate change" is a convenient new term for your religion. Climate ALWAYS changes. It has ALWAYS changed. So yes, I believe in climate change. I witnessed it today... it started off cold, dark and snowy... then it cleared and warmed a bit. WOW!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their profits are irrelevant and say nothing about their financial contributions to political organizations.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For all the morons who believe this horseshit, here are the facts:

Three U.S. oil companies paid a total of $289.7 billion in corporate income taxes between 2007 and 2012, the biggest portion of corporate taxes in absolute terms, according to analysis by Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ.

The data show, as reported in the New York Times on May 25, 2013, that when it came to corporate income taxes -- federal, state, local, and foreign – between 2007 to 2012 the three major oil companies paid the following: ExxonMobil, $146 billion; Chevron, $85.5 billion; and ConocoPhillips, $58.2 billion.

That totals $289.7 billion.

In addition, a 2013 report (p. 7) by the oil and natural gas trade group American Petroleum Institute (API), using S&P Research Insight and S&P 1500 by GICS Industry Code data, shows that the oil and gas industry had the highest effective tax rate during that time period (averaged over 2007-2012) of any U.S. business: 44.6%.

Does that sound like they are being subsidized? What a complete MORON you must be!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

America should strive to be Great again...perhaps the Leader in Global Warming.!
    Maybe even become a Christian bastion against the Earth's hordes and masses.!
    There...that covers both lunatic threads and should merge the community of AHoles who are so hell bent on Right Wing nonsense.
    The "Christian" stuff is just extra,... to open a new portal for NUTS who feel disenfranchised.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, your entire whack job movement is disingenuous and does nothing but try to persuade people by pandering.

It's pathetic! Build something better, cheaper and more efficient and people will jump on board. But nobody is going to destroy their lives to save the planet from .00000001 degrees of warming. And nobody is convinced that we are the cause and the solution to this "problem". So please go pander your BS to a less discerning audience.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's really really interesting...please tell me more...I want to learn..

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have demonstrated a complete inability to learn. As a result, none of this is intended for you. It is for people, who are tired of hearing the steady drumbeat of environmental/totalitarian whack jobs, spew their propaganda disguised as concern for the Earth. The green movement is the new red. And no amount of cloaking can hide it anymore.

Most people understand this fact. However, I am always curious about morons like you. Do you know that you are misleading people, or are you a true-believer and as such are a useful idiot? My guess is the latter.