abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Northern Europe is the premier division rather than nowhere.

And that's the problem.
    The Libre trial in these first world economies under favourable conditions has failed miserably.
    If it cannot work there, then it cannot work anywhere.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hasn't failed as a product. Patients really like it.....when it works. When someone needs to return every fifth sensor, it a hassle.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't that the definition of s failed product? Or is it just that you're so used to government run healthcare that you are now conditioned to accept mediocrity?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Libre as product along with it's production process should have been vetted prior to release. If Abbott can fix it by some simple process changes then it is not failed.

If the problems are fundamental to the design or the device will only work in the lab in small quantities (not high volume) then it is indeed a failed product.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The production process is most likely the problem, since some sensors work just fine.

But that doesn't mean it's an easy fix, or even possible to fix.
    Reason being the same geniuses who designed the Navigator production process have created Libre. Complete with the same low yields and low volume manual assembly.

It's not a repeatable process, as the variable results demonstrate. It would likely fail an FDA audit - that's why the manufacturing in located in the UK.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the above is true, that is the process is not repeatable, then it is a failed product. What is the Navigator sensor failure rate?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a 2003 navigator with trouble codes C2778 Lateral Accelerometer and yaw rate sensor supply voltage out of range. The nest code is C2777 Sensor Cluster Bus Failure and the last code is C1998 Module Calibration Failure.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stupid

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know in field failures but when Navigator manufacturing yields got to 50% it was a good day. And sometimes it was down to 15%.

By contrast with Libre the end customer usually got a good product because the in process inspections were effective. Of course as commercial product Navigator was a hopeless failure. The low yields meant that it always made a loss even at the high prices charged for it.

Libre can only be a commercial success if it works properly, has FDA approval and a stable volume production process in place right now. It doesn't even have the first item on the list and getting the rest would take years. No chance.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For an unemployed yahoo, you know some stuff. Loser

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst Division in the world. its run by freaks who like to make the best toys without the most important elements. Also, they are extremely insecure and go after people who do not want to work here.

I am shocked that Miles has not sold this garbage division and the most idiotic SVP Robert Ford ....i was a rep for Nutrition and now I am a rep with ADC and I cannot get out fast enough. However, my manager wont let me leave and has created such a shit storm. My nutrition division wants me back but apparently it went all the way to Robert - who cried like a bitch in a senior management meeting about how Nutrition keeps poaching his talent. Now nutrition wont even touch ADC

horrible state of affairs- they made thier numbers 1st time in 10 years last year- how u ask? by declining!!! how the hell they sold this to miles god knows---maybe miles is getting old and soft

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MW has no time for ADC. A couple of years ago he said so in front of ADC management, his exact words are unprintable.

But he is stuck with them. No one will buy at anything more than a fire sale price.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those of us that were hand picked to launch this new product know we are about to make bank.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What new product would that be?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is one product in the pipeline. That's it.

The management in this division is too political and too stupid to do anything new. Nothing is funded and you can't make new products unless you and an R&D group which ADC has little of....and no money for development anyway.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh please, not this again. It's not going to launch here. Everyone knows that, and no one believes the BS propaganda Duncan has been spouting to anyone gullible enough to buy that crap. That's a dead horse you're beating. Speaking of dead, ADC is dead for all practical purposes.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely correct. ADC is dead. The comment about one product in the pipeline is true. Not fair to ADC to tell all about it here but it will not be that big of a deal. The other stuff they started to work on a few year back (which was a big deal) is now dead because they laid off most of the R&D group and will not spend any money.