After The F2F Interview - Emails, Hiring Manager Contact, Status, etc.

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you please say the state in the midwest?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The background check checked eligibility to work, a thorough criminal check in all of the counties that you have had an address with going back at least 10 years, employment and educational verification, fraud and abuse database, driving record. I didn't see a credit check. Hope this helps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the Nor Cal person. Congrats. Can you tell me which territory? Who the DM is?

Very much appreciate it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reno.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for sharing all this quality info. Like many of you, I've had all of the above; the e-mails, the background check, and even the call from the DM. However, the call was very very vague with a few positive signs, such as you have great expereince and you'll love working here, etc. But nothing like the "the position is yours." Though I think it's a good sign, you have to look at it from the DM's side. If they have 2 or 3 reps they're looking at per terr and 2 look like great reps, both will get calls and get the "you're a top candidate" talk. Just the way we sell our docs, they're selling us...they're in sales afterall too...they're just doing their jobs of trying to get the best people and work with what they have.

So until I get the official call and the letter comes, it really does not matter. I know, I hate this waiting stuff. So Amgen, the faster the better for everyone.

If you have gotten a "the job is yours," congrats! It sound slike it's going to be an awesome product and great place to work at!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What territory in South Orange County, CA?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM is MC.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen needs to wake up and realize they are going to lose a lot of their top picks to other co's if they don't get on the ball and make some actual employment offers. Then they will have just wasted a lot of time and money and will have to start interviewing all over again for some territories. I've never heard of a co. calling someone to say you are currently our top pick, but we need you to just hang out for a month. Those who have been downsized recently and are out of work will feel forced to accept other offers if they come first.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG. Amgen isn't going to lose out. Easy. Many people are willing to quit a job after 2 weeks to go to Amgen. Very few offers for other companies are going out more quickly. Interview ONE DAY in one city and wait a month is not such a huge hassle. I have worked for other companies where the hiring process takes 3 months with 3-5 interviews in 2 different cities. Last job I interviewed for did phone screens in November, interviews in January, 2nd interviews in February and made a decision in March. That was long, this isn't. I am shocked at how impatient so many people are over these jobs. If Amgen loses a dozen people b/c they didn't decide fast enough, I am sure the company will survive. Heck, there are enough people on this board claiming to be perfect, so there are plenty of back-ups waiting for the job. There are 3-4 f2f candidates for each spot. I am sure they will have ZERO problem finding talent.

Don't flatter yourself. Go ahead and turn down the job, I dare you!

If someone gets an offer and is so disgruntled about Amgen taking too long, please be a pal and post a message here. And do mention what company was quicker to hire you and not worth leaving after 2 or 3 weeks of employment.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I get another offer I will take it and leave the next day or next month for Amgen. What's the big deal? Get over yourself.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where in NORCAL ??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RENO! CHILL OUT!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW, Reno is not "NorCal" and it's part of Vegas district. Are u lying or realizing that u shouldn't post specific info and now attempting to throw the dogs off?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who let the dogs out? Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! Sounds like somebody is frustrated & green w. envy!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey...let's give a 110%. It ain't over until the fat lady sings

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does anyone here watch reno 911? it's a great show! muahahahahahah

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm Bored.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Already work for Amgen in another division in "Norcal" so I know you are full of s***;)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm also waiting! Emailed everyone and waiting for a call ( crossing fingers and toes)! How long did it take to get a call? It's been a week for me.