Baxter MD Executive(and Mormon Bishop) Brik Eyre Donated $20,000 to Anti-Gay Movement

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Baxter MD Executive(and Mormon Bishop) Brik Eyre Donated $20,000 to Anti-Gay Move

Since when do companies dictate how an employee spends his/her money? He is free to support the causes that he and his religion align themselves with.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Baxter MD Executive(and Mormon Bishop) Brik Eyre Donated $20,000 to Anti-Gay Move

He can give all he wants but I do see the point of associating the donation with his Baxter Executive Title to Prop 8. Prop 8 is a dividing issue here in the state of CA. Would your CEO make that same donation and have his Company Name and title next to the donation? I am taking a management course on bus ethics. I will pose this question to my class

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would it matter if two individuals that report to him gay ?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is news to me. Mr. Eyre visited us in Bloomington last year. He gave us an example of customer service. At night he puts his dirty laundry in the laundry basket and the next day his wife has it all cleaned. I was personally offended by that. I did some research on Mormons vision of women and found the following

“Girls and boys are also told that a good and proper Mormon home is a patriarchal one. A handbook written for fourteen year old boys states that, "The patriarchal order is of divine origin and will continue throughout time and eternity" (Laake 39). Husbands conduct family prayers, bless their wives and children, and generally control the household. They also are in charge of "family home evening", one night per week set aside for family prayer and togetherness. The Mormon belief is that Eve's roles in life, those of help-meet and child-bearer, set the pattern for all of her daughters (McConkie 844). Girls are told that God wants them at home (Laake 153), and boys are never taught to clean up after themselves, since when their mothers stop doing it for them, their wives will take over the job”

I wonder how the women in Baxter Chicago are able to work with this.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct about how things work. Briks daughter got married, quit school and came back to northern illinois. Guess where his son in law got a wonderful cushy job?Big Daddy Eyre got him a job here at Fenwal where his buddy Ron Labrum created a job for him. Corporate rules and policies does not apply to them. Senior Management are you just going to sit and observe before somebody takes action@@@@@

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, that part of Baxter still exists. Bring on the relatives and throw out the knowledge and talent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to know what his hiring record is for females. My guess- below any standard Baxter Healthcare has established. Would it surprise anyone given the comments in this post. I had a chance to meet him and I knew in the first five minutes that hiring a female was not on his agenda. The entire process was a none event in his mind.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interested in the cult of Mormonism? Read "Under the Banner of Heaven". That pretty much tells the story. Mormons have been trying to burn that book for years. Very revealing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did read that book under the banner of heaven. it blew my mind. it gave an incredible history of mormons and how the "lie for the lord" every day. they believe they are the original israelites and god transported them from israel to the usa. i could not put that book down.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you feel uncomfortable? Why shouldn't they have equal rights? Go back into your cave.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are missing the point here! What does this mean to our Med Del Sales Force if the senior leader practices his religious beliefs at work? Does it mean no more women getting promoted, no more adult beverages at sales meetings or dictatorship? Pudlo must be shaking like a leaf!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked with BE in the past. Being a female was not a big issue. Just do NOT believe him when he says "I will always do the right thing"; “Let us do what is right for the customer”, etc. He will convince you that he stands on the peak of Mount Morality but his actions will NOT support that. At the end of the day he will warm up to select individuals who will make HIM successful. He is great at managing up stream and you will just be another face in his organization. He will spend a considerable amount of your organization's time on fulfilling his duties to his church members. DO NOT PUT YOUR TRUST IN HIM UNLESS YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking forward to meeting the Captain on the island next week

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that he has identified 2 Senior Sales Individuals from the outside (1 from Cardinal I believe) to start building his Trust fence. It will be interesting to watch if he would look to David for approving his decisions.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pudlo is shaking like a leaf beause David cannot protect him anymore.....Rob Davis & Brik E are going to put Drug Delivery's Management -( Pudlo, the AVPs & the RMs) under a microscope & get rid of the bateria that has infected this division for years. So Pudlo, Kosko, Ward, Burton...you are all being put on notice to shape up or be ready to be shipped out!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that he was successful in previous role in Global Drug Delivery because he was at the right time at the right place. It appears that the GDD business was reaping dividends from Contracts that were signed 2 years ago before he started. At Baxter upper management measures you by results and not how many dead bodies you leave along the way.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calling on the nation to "work together to promote equal rights for all, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity," President Barack Obama issued a similar proclamation June 1, 2009.

20. M Austin

M Austin Guest

I read the many negative responses to this thread and a quote by Benjamin Franklin came to mind... "a perfect character might be attended with the inconvenience of being envied and hated; and therefore, a benevolent man should allow a few faults in himself to keep his friends in countenance". The man you are describing stands for something. It is difficult to condemn the character of the man who can courageously take a position in spite of the negative condemnation that the world might offer. Cowards mock and ignorance hates -- learn more and be pleasantly surprised. I dare any of you to speak with Brik directly about your feelings. You will find him a delightful and enlighten individual.