Becton Dickinson

Discussion in 'Tell Me About Your Company' started by thesoxwin, Feb 15, 2005 at 3:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. thesoxwin

thesoxwin Guest

Does anyone know anything about working for Becton Dickinson. I have an interview with them selling their BD Logic Diabetes glucose meter... Any feedback would be helpful.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turned down that very position in So Cal. However, passing on the position was a matter of personalities at the home office in NJ.
    The DM was great and I would have enjoyed working for her. However, the people in NJ were a whole other matter. A-holes, and liars. I have a contact (RM on the East Coast in BD) we went to a dinner with several VP's. They kept talking about all the N-gers, and Sp-ks out in CA that need the meters but how will they pay for it on car wash and housekeeping wages. They never knew that my wife is Hispanic. I couldn't work for a company where I know the attitude of senior management is one just shy of KKK.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The meter sucks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview next week with Becton Dickinson Diagnostics selling blood and urine gathering devices. I would be moving over from big pharma; what is the compensation like, corporate culture, turnover, benefits? Thanks for your insight....I have a family to support and want to make sure that I would be making the right move. Also, what are the work hours like? I work 50-70 hours a week right now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I work 50-70 hours a week right now" In pharma? Could I have whatever you are smokin?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just got a call regarding aposition with BD as well but want to know more on company from the rep side.

It seems that the reps stay a long time which is really great-what makes this such a great place to be and what makes the rep stay. The recruiter wasn't specific on comp plan, and nothing on corporate culture.

Any help on some basics of this company

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BD

I have been reseearching on the culture at BD. The customers seem to like them and the resp seem generally happy nd satisfied. Is this to good to be true. I have had 3 interviews and hope to get an offer sometime next week. Any thoughts.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run fast....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BD is a class company. Very midwest culture. Stay clean, do your job, and you'll do well. Great benefits. I was with BD for about 5 years, left for a better pay package and avoid a career move to NJ.
    BTW, CafePharma is a terrible place to ask questions like this. Full of losers at home during the day.....hmmmmmmm.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BD is a great place to work, there is a small company culture with big company benefits and growth. And - they're hiring! http://bd-careers.com

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree great company and great culture.

12. GOD4020

GOD4020 Guest

This is by far the WORST company I have ever worked for. Ran by Doug Parrish, who is so mediocre. Not sure how this man has destroyed products here and is still around. But that's what you will get from a liberal arts major

13. GOD4020

GOD4020 Guest

Middle managers are stupid like Doug. Doug keeps yes sirs around him to feed his ego. And middle managers are just as stupid as he is....that's he keeps them around...run like hell. But if you like the schmoozing culture you will thrive here

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Becton Dickinson/Medical Consultant

How the commissions are paid? Monthly or every other month? Is the hiring process fast or it can take months?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Place reals of flips! The San Jose plant is full of viet cons/flips.

16. #16 Anonymous, May 11, 2015 at 12:17 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015 at 6:53 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree! RUN RUN RUN. Doug is awful! Management is filled with racist Yesmen. RUN RUN RUN. Be-warned.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you were too sensitive? I understand. I am half white half Mexican and tease Mexicans and white people all the time. Nobody is special and racism isn't that big of a deal. Call me whatever behind my back. I will do the same thing and still make that money.

18. BDBJ

BDBJ new user

What the heck are you smoking? BD (in NJ) is full of arrogant, self-centered people, that is the common culture there. It got worse over the years. There is always an 'I' in team, and the culture is to step on as many people as you can to get to the top. Everyone there is miserable except upper mgt full of "the good ol' boys" collecting millions in stocks, who worked no where else, certainly not the brightest stars in the sky, and do nothing but order their peons around in condescending fashion.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CORPORATE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ion