Can I Get a Serious Response, Please

Discussion in 'Slate Pharma' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello Slate reps. I am a pharma/medical sales rep with 15 years of experience, so I know the cafepharma rhetoric all to well. However, I am looking at a position in TN/NC with your company after I was contacted by a recruiter and could use some honest, serious answers to some questions I have. Please save the humor and grandstanding for another thread, as career decisions are never easy. I know trashing your company is easy to do, but please give me the good with the bad. The cafepharma way is to only spout displeasure and discontent, but please tell me what is good as well.

First, here is why I am interested in Slate. I love the idea of working for a small company, avoiding the bs that comes with large pharma companies. I also have been doing direct sales for the last 5 years, and I love that you guys close the deal, get instant results, and monthly commissions. 3 months ago, I was diagnosed with Low T, and after weekly injections, I can not tell you how much it has improved my life. I am very passionate about what you guys do, and this market is so untapped. My doctor didn't even discuss Testopel, but I would have jumped at it compared to the other alternatives. I also like the idea of a monthly car allowance, as opposed to picking from a list of 3 cars I don't want.

Now to my questions:
    1) It looks as if Slate is owned by another pharma company (with an unattractive product portfolio I might add). Are you still Slate, or do you function as the parent company?
    2) What do you love about your job/company?
    3) What are realistic compensation numbers, and are goals attainable?
    4) Give me a feel for the culture of the company. Are they focused on metrics such as calls per day, reach and frequency or do they get it that it's about sales?
    5) Is the future positive in regards to new products/indications? Are you an R&D company, or do you just license products?
    6) I read about some manufacturing issues. Has this happened before, is it a big problem?
    7) Reimbursement issues seem to be present as well. Is it hard for the MD to bill and get reimbursed, or do most plans pay for it? Can it be a good profit center for doctors?
    8) If you have had a company car before, do you prefer monthly allowance or do you wish your vehicle was company provided? Do you lose money they way you are reimbursed for auto expenses?
    9) How is your benefits package (health, 401, vacation days)?
    10) Any idea what happened with the previous rep (Knoxville/Asheville territory)? Is this a territory with a lot of potential?

Sorry for such a long list. I am trying to get some good insight into your company. Please share what you can. Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now to my questions:
    1) It looks as if Slate is owned by another pharma company (with an unattractive product portfolio I might add). Are you still Slate, or do you function as the parent company?

actient owns us.

2) What do you love about your job/company?

The people are cool

3) What are realistic compensation numbers, and are goals attainable?

goals not attainable anymore.
    4) Give me a feel for the culture of the company. Are they focused on metrics such as calls per day, reach and frequency or do they get it that it's about sales?

Its about sales but they lack leaders. So they turn to calls and notes and other bull shit.

5) Is the future positive in regards to new products/indications? Are you an R&D company, or do you just license products?

Nothing new.

6) I read about some manufacturing issues. Has this happened before, is it a big problem?

To call it a big problem is an insult to big problems. its huge.

7) Reimbursement issues seem to be present as well. Is it hard for the MD to bill and get reimbursed, or do most plans pay for it? Can it be a good profit center for doctors?

It can be profitable. MCO vary. I doubt Tenn care reimburses well.

8) If you have had a company car before, do you prefer monthly allowance or do you wish your vehicle was company provided? Do you lose money they way you are reimbursed for auto expenses?

I bought a used car for cash. I make money on mine.

9) How is your benefits package (health, 401, vacation days)?

Benes blow. 4 weeks vacation.
    10) Any idea what happened with the previous rep (Knoxville/Asheville territory)? Is this a territory with a lot of potential?

lots of room to grow we have very little market share.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so much for the info