Car allowance

Discussion in 'Horizon Pharma' started by anonymous, Mar 18, 2021 at 3:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can someone please share how you are reimbursed for car expenses?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Each business unit is different. Anywhere from $500-$800. You get a gas card and can expense oil changes.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least one BU gets $1000 a month.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are personal and business miles distinguished with the gas card? Can you expense all gas?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$428 a paycheck, but it’s taxed, so $600 after taxes. Might vary depending on where you live. No mileage. Said will pay for oil changes. Not very good if you have a large geography. Lots of miles on your car that you get zero compensation for.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

depends on business unit. Neuro gets $500 per paycheck, so $1000 per month plus fuel card.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is car insurance reimbursed?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Just the flat monthly $ added to your paycheck as stated above.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worst part of job here. You will lose money.

When I first came over, I was excited because I could choose my own car. Then I drove it off the lot and it depreciated 20% and every day after. All the taxes, titles, tags, oil changes, tires, windows, wipers - everything I never paid attention to are all after-tax expenses for me. You read that right, I have to pay for them with after tax dollars.

Lots of good here, the ability to earn is tops, but if you think the car is a good deal, you aren't very smart.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what that guy said!

My wife is an accountant and she broke it down and I am losing money every month on the car. I don't want to identify myself so won't say my states, but I drive about 3500 miles per month and she estimates I lose 375 a month vs the company car so about a 5 grand loss per year.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, but in return I get stress, stress, stress and some better bonus

beginning to think this through

is it better to make 75000 a year in bonus on auto-pilot or

better to make 200000 a year in bonus working 80 hours a week?

well, I least I don't drive a company car

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least I don't drive a Subaru. I don't care if I lose money.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our Car Deal is a loser. If you don't get that, you can't be helped.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get $900 towards my brand new Escalade along with free gas ...it has been a great deal for me. On top of that I make over 250k a year working maybe 20 hours a week along with almost 500k in RSU equity over the last 5 years through our ESP. Horizon has been great to all of us especially if you know how to sell.

The people complaining are just plain cheap. Go work at another company drive a completely free Ford Taurus and make 75k or more less with no RSU equity. Losers.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We could all make way less, and take home more. We all just completed taxes, and our take home pay was less than we owe in taxes due to taxing us on everything as ordinary income.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you marry the ceo you get a Bentley.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She is so beautiful...I wonder if she would cheat again?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

maybe in her day she was.

once a cheater, always a cheater. You just have to have something she wants.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thats the key find out what she wants and exploit it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ophthalmology is 850, which is super low - they tax you on it, so its not enough to cover a decent car.