Chronic issues at SUN Pharma

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Mar 23, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just to throw the first one out there-

Incredible turnover.

* 40% of home office
    * Nearly 40% of field sales (17% in Q1 alone)
    * All leadership/key positions have turned over in every business unit except Onc
    * All Tildra marketing will defect post-launch
    * Even the US-born Indians are defecting - so it must be really bad

HR and CEO are a complete train wrecks.

Abhay speak to Suns's commitment to dermatology but name just one dermatologist that's employed by the company. Just one.

Nope, none.

#sunisBS

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't leave out the superb managed markets team. No room for phony data now. Put up or shut up.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Okay all companies have issues. There's turnover at places all the time. Why is Sun different? Don't you guys think it will calm
    Down?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The turnover will calm down for awhile, until it is clear that bio reps are not performing or underperforming. Once the bio managers and reps realize that the pull comes from the top and will be relentless, turnover will be huge.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SUN is dramatically different in terms of the percentage of turnover. Average pharma turnover is about 5-7%, SUN is 6-8 times the average. Common knowledge.

Are you that naive?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is so much that is so f’d up here, it’s beyond comprehension. They don’t give a sh#% about anyone... just money. Do it their way or leave. Zero loyalty. Zero morals. Zero ethics. Nobody wants to be here. Everyone is trying to get out.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely correct.
    The guy at the top seems like a real douchebag, he just makes my skin crawl the way he looks at me. Seriously, I think he was mentally f-being me the two times I've seen him. I just got this feeling about hm.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have to seriously fix the copay programs. There is no way that any dermatology office will put a patient on branded medicine that does not have some consistency in how the manufacturer supports patients and protects patients' pocketbooks. When a patient goes on expensive meds for a month or two and it is working out well, the last thing a prescriber needs is for the copay programs to trigger pharmacies messing with the brand and switching out to alternatives or generics.

By SUN not being able to be consistent and responsible, we have lost numbers of loyal prescribers who gave up counting on our pricey, non-innovative brands.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree on all points. And whatever the program is, be consistent with it, we can then sell what we have, and know we're going to have it.

I can't remember how many changes we've made in the past 6 months. I do remember Bill telling us that Abhay had to approve all copay programs.

Seems like the company does not have the basic financial/analytical skills to model copay programs correctly, because I have a friend over in the Opth division and they have the same 'revolving co-pay programs' problem.

So if Abhay signs off, why then do the offerings keep changing ? Is it that finance's numbers are wrong? Or is the self-proclaimed numbers guru from India not as smart as he says he is ?

Either way, we're still screwed, as are our patients and providers.

Hey Princeton - can we finally get this right ?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re logical thinking and rationale is falling on deaf ears. Wake up, the Indian’s don’t care about you or the patients or the doctors. They are the greediest people alive. Do yourself a favor and spend that energy finding a new job. Trust me you will be much happier in the long run and won’t have to damage your reputation working for this shit show!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My friend, you are not worthy to lick Abhay on his sandals. You are lazy American complainer and weak.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The funny thing is that the above post is actually correct in that the Indians think the Americans are worthless and an inferior culture as whole.

#getsometoiletpaper
    #don'tshakethierhand

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is it like to work for people who 'use their left hand' ?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard that some acne reps are making $100K when getting hired.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Entice you to come on board then you’re miserable. Don’t take the bait!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But if you don't have derm experience you can come onboard and sell the biologic for a $150,000 salary. Sun loves to make its current employees feel appreciated

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I guess that fits the narrative. Current employees are worthless and the new employees will sell Absorica and get all the business. LMAO!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Current employee here. Yes, the culture is bad, people aren’t getting bonuses, and the Indians don’t care. Most branded products right now in derm are taking a beating as well as most derm companies. But what I don’t get are the past Sun employees who left (congrats btw) but are still obsessed with Sun on CafePharma. Not defending sun in anyway or trying to claim anything is false on here because almost all of it is very true. BUT if you got out of a job that was miserable (Sun) by your own choice and got a better gig- why do you still care??

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another current employee here - not sure that I understand the previous post. From what I've seen, comments seem to be from people here. A lot, if not all, comments (yeah there are some exceptions), reference what we're dealing with right now. And clearly, there's some comments based on up to the minute information, which points to them being current (dissatisfied) employees.

The most interesting thing I've observed is that no one ever defends the company in any way. I'm actually one who doesn't defend - I'm just driving by looking at the crash scene as I continue on my journey.

#haveatimeline