COVID era

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by anonymous, Jun 7, 2020 at 10:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not an Applied cheerleader, but I'm also not a cynical Applied slammer. I see Applied as, like any other company, an organization that has strengths and weaknesses, and there are some things about working for them that I like and some that I don't. I've never felt motivated to post on this board one way or the other before, but that ends today with this.

I am VERY grateful for how Applied corporate has responded to the COVID situation, at least from my perspective in the Sales team. We haven't had wide-spread lay-offs and they've made a tremendous effort to keep us engaged and challenged with the education modules, Zoom meetings and Kahoot quizes, and I think I'm safe in saying we've ALL benefited from it in terms of our field preparedness when (if?) things normalize.

I'm also extremely grateful that they have not pushed us to have more aggressive contact with our accounts at a time when their priorities were initally saving lives (alot of OR staffs were diverted to work in other areas of the hospital, including ICUs) while keeping themselves and their families COVID-free, and now that elective surgery has been restored, working like crazy with a higher caseload than they've probably ever seen to play catch-up on back-logged cases. Applied has put human decency and sensitivity above immediate, short-term sales, and that is extremely commendable IMO.

Thank you, Said, upper management and the entire mangement team for the consistency in delivering that message down the line.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

there’s no way you aren’t part of upper mgmt....

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way a rep or manager wrote that, too busy doing nothing and collecting a free check.

Anyone that’s a fan of the “Morning Show” is just faking it. It’s awkward and not entertaining. No one can be that happy unless they are lying to themselves or completely blind to any fact. It’s so forced EVERYONE knows. And the lame inside jokes for upper mgmt, yea you Chuckles, just shows how pathetic these “leaders” really are.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the original poster. First, wrong on the "upper Management" guess - I'm an IS. Nobody in management asked me to post anything and I have not told anybody I posted it to try to "get credit" and brown-nose. I understand your doubting that, because I doubt a lot of the overly positive BS on this board, but these were my legit feelings.

Second, I never said I'm happy, because nobody's happy in our present situation where we're trapped at home without being able to make things happen. Do I enjoy or learn from every one of the Zooms? No, but I appreciate their effort to engage us because it has us doing SOMETHING that probably gives us a little more job security than if we only had once a week district calls. And yes, I have learned a few things from them from time to time.

So to clarify my original post, I am grateful Applied management hasn't responded to the immense reduction in sales revenue and the likelihood that it will be awhile before things normalize by having layoffs, as many companies have. Doubt it all you want, but that's how I feel.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are an IS, then I do see your side. You are forced to sell something that can’t be sold and your position should be the first to go. And I’m guess you are much older and NEED this job because you can’t get a real gig.

I pray for you

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like Mr. T used to say: “I pity the fool”

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Honeycomb or Latice? Come on clowns.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How’s everyone feeling about their role playing abilities. I’m ready to sell my pants off once I can get back in my hospitals. I’ve got calls once a day from docs asking when I can get back I in there and walk them though advanced fixation.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No you haven't

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh let the little boy dream. Maybe they haven’t seen fixation ever. There are a lot of reps have have never done there job before. While I sense sarcasm, at this point anyone would take a Trocar opportunity just to get back to real work.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard a rumor from a pretty reliable source that management is contemplating layoffs before the end of year for sales. No value, overpriced, not needed when the majority of our products are no longer viewed as clinical and could be sold over the phone or online catalog. I spoke to 3 reps I went to training with a couple years ago and each one has only done 1-2 evaluations in that time. Better start looking for new jobs boys and girls.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ass kissing wont save your job. It’s obvious you’re worried about it and rightfully so.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t they have a training class starting in the fall?

They could cut a few of the older losers here and most for the DCAs. They still need reps to push crappy goods.