Derm

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Aug 15, 2023 at 7:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone konw what's going on with the future of derm? Drs still concerned about JAK safety and territories are too small so there's limited opportunity.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Think it’s still undecided.

Positives
    1. Look at any pipeline and this is the future.
    2. It’s funny because the same people who were skeptical of Cibinqo don’t even ask if there is a box warning with Litfulo. If there are limited options they will try whatever they believe works.
    3. Territories are back to 2018 sizes which were the sweet spot. The idea of doing 50% virtual in a large territory was never gonna happen. At least they realized 99.5% of offices were open and stopped the madness. That usually never happens here.
    4. $$$ are going to Medical Derm, Oncology and Rare disease.

Negatives
    1. It’s Pfizer. Don’t doubt leadership will find a way to make something that should be easy much harder than it has to be. A certain little “roadmap” comes to mind.
    2. We still have a big Pharma mindset when we should be willing to do things differently depending on the specialty called on. Each has there own set of challenges.
    3. Our access team is terrible. What we are asking these offices to do to get a drug to a patient is just insulting. There are to many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to reps, reimbursement managers, patient access coordinators and the hub.
    4. On the topic of access. We took some high road by refusing to bundle contracts. The companies that do are eating our lunch.
    We think we are this company that can leverage our scale, etc. But we do nothing.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Litfulo is showing what cibinqo should have done from the beginning

the roadmap is classic Pfizer… take someone who has never been in the field and have them spend millions to tell us to do what we already do… so stupid… like how is the marketing team this blind

been here since eucrisa and have seen many hcp teams and this is the worst… next they tell me to double down on non-writers… WHY?? how about I double down on the people actually writing.. maybe then we will quadruple or what ever it is they think is gonna happen

amen, my FRM was a rep a couple months ago and is dumb as a brick. We have all these hurdles our competitors dont have. The new wonder kid is refreshing because he is an external hire but this company will break him and he doesnt even know it yet

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New kid, same hub... first person to not lie to my face and tell me everything is perfect so i will give him a couple of months before i lump him in with the rest of that team

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you have been in derm as both a rep and a marketer, you just don't get that derm is different. Typical promotional response curves don't apply her but big Pharma leadership thinks they do.

The only recipe that works in derm is to call on the best writers at least once a week, every week.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The frequency is good, the call volume is 50% more than what our competitors are asked... it's like they want us to log fake calls

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. too true and painfully obvious to anyone in sales
    2. even between litfulo and cibinqo the differences arent respected enough
    3. the access team is clueless and almost as useless as the KAM team
    4. we simply do not have a coherent access strategy

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard the new access guy was given a really hard time at the district leaders meeting and that’s why he spoke at the national one.

Who has had this role previously and gone on to get promoted? Everyone zig zags into and out of it and goes nowhere. It is a graveyard position for hcp marketing rejects.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

new to the company and headed towards a plan… the Pfizer way

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every area is different yet the approach from leadership is the same regardless. Marketers who have never sold and use the same approach no matter what team they are on and senior leadership with little to no experience in the therapeutic area they lead.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are all a bunch of miserable f*cks. We have a marketing lead who beats everyone around to drive this brand and the first access guy who acknowledges the field since this brand launched and all we say is they don't do enough and don't know enough.

Have you worked in other therapeutic areas at PFE? It gets much MUCH worse here. Once we fail to deliver on 2023 we probably give up and focus on litfulo.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at our Lit detail and our cib one. Miles different in quality and ease of use. Neither marketing team had much field experience before joining derm. But one got it right and one is still lost on how to market this drug.

My team did not like the lit marketing team at first. No sales experience and from primary care. The more you talk to them and hear from them the more you trust they will get it right. The lit access guy is a good example. My manager thought it was a terrible hire with no sales experience. But in talking with him, he gets it. The more I hear from cib the more I cringe.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are also two different diseases and two different patients.
    In alopecia…
    1. there were no good options until now.
    2. pts are easy to identify in the pt room.
    3. they are a highly motivated pt/caregiver.
    4. label is easy to interpret and is1st line therapy.

In atopic…
    1. there are really good options that have become the standard of care.
    2. takes more time to find them w/ good probing questions in pt room. Who’s really doing it consistently?
    3. generally, a noncompliant pt who bitches a lot but doesn’t meet HCP half way.
    4. label is confusing and is interpreted as 2nd/3rd line therapy which insurance jumps on all day.

We didn’t do ourselves any favors at launch.
    We focused on safety which implicitly made the HCPs wonder why. The label was confusing and we didn’t really have enough data to dispel the box warning. Derms like simplicity. I think of it as the urgent care of specialty. Treat them and street them. This drug forced them to think more and do more to get the medication. And when they tried to write it, they had to try everything before it would get covered, to include UV therapy for some plans.

Cibinqo is an amazing drug. The hcps that have prescribed it are floored by the results. But it’s a lot of work to get for a patient by all involved. At the end of the day, it’s a rash that itches.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it isn't 2016 anymore, every derm in the nation knows way too much about atopic because of all the sanofi and abbvie reps in their faces twice a week. The dupixent tens of billions show that.

We just cannot sell this drug.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS. The HUB got questioned by a clown who isnt here anymore, the new guy was a hit. He took one look at what were doing here and realized how much work he has to do to fix our access. Said its far behind what hes seen anywhere else.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So after reading all this...how long do we have? Cib only has a handfull of trialists....Litfulo doing much better...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfe wont give up on I&I... too much money even if they have to cut marketing to zero

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cats

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just shut up and sell

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and now the T3 bonus plan...they are dropping eucr...throwing everything at cib and district goal for lit?? and cutting budget...