DIABETES AS ONE

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not split managers? That way they can keep watch to make sure the oral reps don't trash the injectable products, and vice versa. At least when the managers are riding with the reps.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because they already changed their districts to be much smaller, to accommodate both oral and injectable reps in the same territory. Instead of different managers for DS 1, 2 and 3, there is one, with a smaller district geography. The change was supposed to accommodate one manager per territory, but then they aren't hiring for the rep jobs, so we are management heavy again, even the way it is. We sure the hell don't need even more managers. Some don't even have 7 or 8 reps now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They just changed FROM that model....and I don't know what they mean by smaller geographies---I'm oral and mine DOUBLED in size. ridiculous!!!!! so much for share of voice!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go share a warm glass of shut the hell up with yourself. Noob.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has been a great thread.
    Lots of good ideas.

No way should they have a split manager set up.
    But of course we don't need a split sales force.
    And face it AZ leadership ---- if I don't get paid for it I will sell against it.
    So much for diabetes as one and being an industry leader, I'm competing against people in my own district. How stupid is AZ????

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, stupid. Please read the discussion again. We were discussing MANAGER geographies becoming smaller, so they could manage both oral and injectable reps in the same territories.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU read it again.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get rid of half the managers NOW.
    Or just have them run my Simon reports Can't sell with them looking over my shoulder

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This topic is perfect. Let's celebrate AZ diabetes coming together as one. YAY!!! However, once we do, the brainchilds at the corporate office decide the make us AZ diabetes in two. When will the absolute incompetent idiots realize that you have reps from your own sales force competing against each other. It's equivalent to having one group of reps selling ace inhibitors and another selling ARB's. It's gotten so bad in my territory that people don't want to share lunches and don't want to promote the competitions programs. Great job SSLT. Diabetes leadership-HERE WE COME.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The key is doing more programs and lunches

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yah yah do more programs, so we can pay off our speakers even more. That is all this shIt is about. Managers and reps pushing programs using their local speakers to buy the share. Nice work. How does it feel to know you aren't really selling anything? You're just cutting them a check over and over again. This is the shIt the government needs to shut down, IMMEDIATELY

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so bad. Now reps are fighting for lunch attendance, and pushing the other out. Putting each other in a bad light. I can only imagine how the injectable brand team discussions must have gone.....our reps don't need anything in the detail piece, they don't need formulary access, they'll do great if we tell them to hit up these high ranking docs over and over and over again and milk it for all we've got from just the top few. They have SWAGGER.

So, thanks, brand team. Our detail piece has almost nothing in it. You're down to a couple graphs and safety information. Our formulary coverage is less than it was, with denials being reported from customers weekly on plans where Bydureon is "supposed" to be covered. And we are to go see the same prescribers repeatedly and spout out your fantastic message, and just make it happen. Oh, and a web ex here and there to keep the training people employed. And your motivational speech about swagger. Yep, that's gonna do it. Quit smoking weed and pull your heads out of your AZZ.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But wait a minute. Management says in-fighting in a forced rank environment breeds competition which pushes people and that is a good thing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they should go to a split manager set up. If the DBM's are only covering three territories, it has to be difficult walking into the same offices every other day. If I were frenchie or gopher, I would go back to similar 2014 territories and have a 60/40 split of responsibility among the AZ reps with oral/injectable. It's got so bad in my territory that the injectable reps won't share a lunch with a oral rep. To be honest--I can't say I blame them. Can't wait to the next meeting and hear how well it's working.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never post on cafepharma, but feel the need to on this thread. Who the hell is running this place and thinks that the plan they have in place sets us up for success? Managers unhappy because they are in the same offices multiple times a week. If you're in a bad access area, you're screwed. Reps unhappy because they are competing against each other and many have significantly larger territories. There's a lack of teamwork amongst the district and everyone is out for their individual interest. Reps aren't willing to work together and I can't blame them. Diabetes as One. The new slogan should be Diabetes as Two.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha - great line.. gopher. yea -ur right shouldn't split managers back on 1-1. Too many managers and open rep territories they say they cant fill, also ESS reps with too few targets- does any one else see an easy solution here....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't even make sense. Recut the territories and reorganize employees, but then don't follow their own plan and fill any of them. Something has got to change. Maybe they should crunch their own numbers using the staff we have right now. Put it into a SPT for the territory map and business, and just see if these idiots are anywhere near the required call plans we've been stuck with. Really, what the heLL are these people thinking?

Agreed, we don't need more reps like the plan called for. Just trash the supid plan and let us get back to what made sense and was working just fine. And gopher or whomever is responsible needs to go away, way, way away.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ditto - double ditto

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Gopher". Now that shit's funny! That's all he's ever been his whole career