Does One Cut Ties

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by anonymous, Mar 9, 2020 at 8:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work for a company that is going through some major changes. People are leaving for bettter opportunities. I have been instructed bu my manager to not contact or speak to my ex-coworkers. Is this normal?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It may be “normal” but it doesn’t mean that you need to listen to your manager. Especially if the people that have left are people you consider friends. Your manager most likely doesn’t want you to be influenced by any negative comments they may have about your company. Think for yourself and make your decisions on what’s best for your career. Your manager and former co-workers are looking out for their best interests so their input probably shouldn’t influence you.

3. Infernode

Infernode new user

Some people leave and some people stay, but that doesn't mean we need to cut ties with them especially if you are friends.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree with your sentiments. Friends are friends I probably not let an insecure manager dictate to me who I can speak to. The next thing he might ask for his your phone log and your private email address and password.