Dova Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Biotech Startups' started by anonymous, Mar 9, 2018 at 10:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your launch meeting wasn’t even two months ago. Were You expecting it rain money on you because you read “rare disease” somewhere. Even if you were selling rare disease it still takes hard work, something you apparently didn’t think you signed up for

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, that's essentially what this site is. A way to complain, and yes, anonymously.
    And I agree that most companies have the same mentality when it comes to the overall work experience. It typically comes down to how much your manager is willing to take the heat from the top.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is they hired a chronic big pharma guy to run the salesforce with no rare disease experience and no start up experience. Major mistake. I heard he is a nice guy but not right for the job.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If a snake in the grass is considered 'nice' then I guess he is 'nice'. WATCH YOUR BACK. You have been warned.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BN a former fat kid that made good. He is a legend in his own mind. He can get away with that stuff at BMS where he can blend. He needs to get it right and he has no idea how. He hasn’t gotten anything right so far. The IC plan sucks. Turn over will be the result.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left a very good job to come here. It seems that upper management is clueless about rare diseases ( add your LOL, yup I knew what I was getting into) and as a Result they MicroManage. This is a Red Flag !! Got my resumes updated. These suckers didn’t know what they had until they lost it, clusterfuck

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re not the only one. When we got the Hyper Target task, that included “we’re not tracking your activities “ I immediately pulled my resume and started posting. I didn’t come here for Big Pharma tactics/Bullshit/busy work. We are already one down since launch. Who’s next?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank god I turned this job down. I had a bad bad feeling w upper Mgmt having no rare disease experience and all of them from big Pharma. Sometimes the best move is the one u didn’t make. GL everyone there hope u can survive

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FORMER fat kid? He isn’t exactly thin.
    Bad bad bad leader.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tsk, tsk, crash and burn.....when you can’t make the numbers, time for “reach and frequency” Bad management, no budget, empty promises, rare disease population being treated like Hep C, but wait, I’m supposed to keep my mouth shut when this ship is sinking.....SOS Alex!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Launch has been tough. Here’s a word of advice. Shut up. Work hard, and work smart and things will work out. But, by all means....Cry on cafe pharmaceuticals if you think that’s a better strategy.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bwah

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SHIT SHOW...no one's making sales, no bonus, big pharma strategy in a niche product although not rare disease. just waiting to see the fireworks begin

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like BN himself. A hundred dollars says BN posted this.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of crying, BN saves doing that when he is onstage.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone help me please. I keep hearing about "rare disease" experience and was wondering; aside from patient differentiation and possibly product distribution channels, what is it that makes rare disease such a challenge? I'm not asking to be a smart-ass (yes, I know that's unique for CafePharma). Rather just my own curiosity.

Thanks

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Regarding the Rare Disease, I wonder the same thing. I cannot figure out the mystery of why you have to have sold in rare disease in order to qualify for rare disease positions. How hard can it be? Fewer patients and probably having to "educate and remind" the physicians on the disease state. How difficult could that be? Maybe some get discouraged with little return and they need to know that someone can stay motivated under those circumstances?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm #117.

I hear the same things about "Orphan drug". My understanding is that is a legal designation based on prevalence rates. There are potential patent extensions granted by the FDA based on the opportunity the company has to earn back their investment based on prevalence of the condition. Really doesn't require any unique skill-set on behalf of the field to represent those molecules.

So how is rare disease different such that it commands, according to this thread, a 30-50% premium on average field salaries? I'll grant you that a "rare disease" molecule may require some extra clinical knowledge, but I think we should all be striving to do that - irrespective of the number of patients our molecule treats.

Still wondering....

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

or one of his suck ups