DUI and Ferring pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Ferring' started by Anonymous, Nov 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know the policy at ferring and DUI?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not 100% sure. However, I believe a DUI is not acceptable at any pharma company unless a long time has passed. Are you an applicant or current employee?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends...do you work in NJ or the rest of the country? There is a different standard you know..just ask marketing! jF

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll be fired.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

should a DUI be a death sentence for someone's career? People do make mistakes and sometimes use bad judgment. Sure repeated DUI is grounds for dismissal, but i'm sure EVERY reader of this has had one too many by legal standards and placed themselves behind the wheel. Ferring is a reasonable company. So please go out and have a few drinks and make your calls.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma sales is different as you're driving a company car. It shouldn't be a career ender in most jobs but in pharma I agree.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drive under the influence of Lysteda and your car seats might thank you!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't be a dick.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. It's just reality. People make mistakes. However, if you get a DUI, you are a liability to the company. That's why the DMV check is part of your pre-employment background check. It's also why we sign off on the agreement that allows Ferring to check our driving record once a year. There are plenty of great sales people out there that don't have a DUI on their record. There is no way ANY company is going to pay the ridiculously high insurance premiums and take the chance on someone with a DUI. End of story.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and suppose you have a drinking problem and go out and kill someone while in the car, the company could be sued for ignoring your history of alcohol issues (DUI). It's a lose lose for them.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're still a dick

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just looked through our employee handbook, and addendum. No specific mention of DUI but we're required to notify them and ARI when we get a traffic ticket. That's in on-line training we take yearly for ARI. Once Ferring and ARI find out guess they could fire, if for no other reason than our at-will status. Been my experience that companies can fire without stating reason, using at-will, if they want.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew a guy at ferring who got a DUI and he was fired immediately.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can hang in until the next annual driving history check, but once it's discovered, you will be terminated. It's just the way it is. Your only chance would be to hire a good lawyer to represent you to try to have the charge thrown out or somehow taken off your record. But that would be a long shot at best and extremely expensive.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you stupid CHILDREN aren't fucking smart enough to NOT call a taxi (or use a bus or subway for the folks in major metro areas) when you are REALLY drunk, then you shouldn't be allowed to drive PERIOD.

Save the heavy drinking for when your dumb asses are at HOME! You can drink to your heart's content and slip into a damn coma in the comfort of your own home...and nobody will be the wiser, No DUI issued, no wrecked car, no fatalities.

Capiche?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn...got so fucking pissed that I made a f'n grammar mistake!

Meant to say "If you stupid CHILDREN aren't fucking smart enough to CALL a taxi, etc"

Grrrr!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there are no driving checks. don't be an idiot. its done once, not on an annual basis. anal is done on an annual basis.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. I was a new hire this year, so my driving record was checked upon hire. Then, just a month ago, I signed off on an "annual driving record check" for both me and my husband. (Since spouses are insured to drive our company cars as well) Based on my experience, this is not a one time check of your record. FYI.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think u can get fired but collect unemployment for a couple years and relax. Free ride on unemp.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, they are done annually. I did mine a couple months ago.