End of the Road?? Arthrex axes commission

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by anonymous, Nov 20, 2021 at 11:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard this bit of news in regards to this post about commission:

1- your 100% right, Arthrex looking to not only $1 but just overall comp to anyone at the agency level

2- they have and continue to fund their product Mgt teams, trainers, Med Ed you name it. By the time these surgeons up and out of fellowship they using Arthrex already in most cases.

3. High level, Arthrex mainly RS is looking to cut agencies out and go direct. And what I mean is direct from Arthrex - Hospital. He is trying to work out a way where he can essentially be on the shelf at every orthopedic surgery center, hospital, VA’s.. wherever there is a surgery going on he wants his products to be on the shelf. Now if he works out a deal directly with the hospitals and the surgeons already use some if not most of our stuff then the need for reps and agencies are gone. He then can save a huge amount of money by cutting this out. In turn he can then sell his products for less; give the hospitals better pricing which they will be happy because their saving money. He then can hire a consultant / sales team but not like what you see today. These consultants would be paid a salary and assigned to work at the hospital. They would just have one hospital or center and depending on the volume that would determine the number of people per place. They would be there strictly to set up, get room ready, trouble shoot, and basically cover the cases. They trays and implants already at these places so no running around. You are there and you cover your shift for the day and go home. The hospitals and Arthrex directly deal with PO’s , ordering ect. Your just there to make sure nothing goes sideways. That is what RS wants. He wants to be so intertwined with the surgeons and hospitals that the rep is no longer the point man and the agencies are in longer the conduit to which the products flow to and from the hospitals. He wants to streamline. To be honest this is the most efficient way. You know how many times you had to have someone run you some implant or some tray or had to shoot back to the office to grab this or that. It eliminates all that. Now it’s going to take a lot of collaborating but I’m heard 3 yrs. This is not hearsay it’s actively being worked on. This has been the plan all along. It took Arthrex 30 plus years but they are at the precipice and in time their plans will be realized. Remember you heard it hear first

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You had me until, "he can then sell his products for less; give the hospitals better pricing."

You clearly do not know RS or anything about Arthrex if you think this is how the business works.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s you, stupid.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Currently interviewing with two companies. If one offers I am out of here. Commissions are slashed and it’s just not worth it anymore.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not worth it is right, especially now that Arthrex expanded their line into Trauma. I didn’t sign up to be a trauma rep, they are net increasing my salary not commissions but want me to work around the clock. I don’t understand how Arthrex thinks we are this stupid. Do more and pay us less. You would have to have your head examined to go work for any distributorship owned by Arthrex. They simply don’t pay.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can’t believe people are staying with these pay cuts. I start with my new company in March.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Competitive trauma/sports rep here. Let’s be honest, sports reps are nothing more than box openers. You know it, I know it, we all know it. I’ve been doing this for 12 years and I have yet to be in a RCR where the rep has had to save the day. Arthrex Box openers can easily be eliminated.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sports reps are a fucking joke. Hardest decision they have to make is what box they are going to open up, the speed bridge or the individually packed swivelocks for speed fix. They offer no value in the OR and are the laughing stock of the Med Device industry. Arthrex is garbage, their reps are garbage and their pay is garbage. They know it but they feed these young reps with nonsense and send them out to do their grunt work. Any surgeon that needs advice on how to fix a RCR repair and has to ask the rep is the day they should retire and find another line of work.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol the only difference is you’re a box opener at 2am. Don’t give yourself so much credit, you’re just more desperate than us in the 8-3 game.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This line of thinking is why your job will be nonexistent soon. RS knows this. He is not in your corner. He will go around you and sell directly to the account as soon as he can. He is on record saying his main competitor is his own salesforce. You offer zero value in your account. That’s why you don’t get paid on dollar 1.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't wait for the day when the under the table paid consultant surgeon game gets exposed. Everybody needs to go to jail for that. Distributors, local managers, surgeons... everyone. Except RH will do the Richard Scrushy dip and somehow skate like all corportate douchebag CEOs do.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The difference between you and me is that I have self awareness while you have none. I will be the first to acknowledge that as a trauma rep I am not needed 90% of the time. But that 10% where I am able to save a surgeons ass is what makes me invaluable. That being said, I am completely expendable—we all are. But you, on the other hand, bring no value 100% of the time and that is just a fact. Tell me the last time a surgeon was in a jam during a RCR repair or an ACL repair. Don’t kid yourself, you aren’t needed and Arthrex knows this—that’s why they are working on a direct to hospital/ASC program where the reps are cut out. The hospitals/ASCs get a massive discount on products but get no box openers in the room. Let’s be honest, if a surgeon needs to ask a 23 year old box opener where to insert his anchor, graft, etc then he has no business being a surgeon. Get a clue, have some self awareness and don’t kid yourself. The writing is on the wall.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Facts!!!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just open whatever box the surgeon tells you to open. No need for product training b/c that’s all you will ever have to do. At least you can tell people that you are in medical sales so you will have that going for you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kaiser
    Inter mountain
    Royalty wars
    16 mill DOJ lawsuit
    Anyone see a theme emerging ?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gotham Surgical is a sinking vessel get out while you can. We all can’t get Dollar One like Matt Rowe and Erik Grzan. I mean someone has to pay for Erik’s diesel fuel costs to fill up that boat. Fucking losers all of you. Anyone working for these assholes has to know they getting fucked right? So why do it to yourself ? Let these dicks sitting in their ivory tower cover cases.

18. Vunny

Vunny Guest

Heard the cost of diesel fuel up, that means no EOY raises for the reps, E Grzan needs that money to replace rising fuel costs for his boat. Must be nice to literally sit back not work, cover no cases, show up to the office in your new Tesla model Y cause your eco friendly! Have your have dimwit cousin make your sanka then decide what you want to eat for lunch, is it sushi? Diner? Salad? La Botega? Vincent’s clam house? All hard executive decisions here that’s why he gets paid top dollar. Then after lunch he goes back to the office surfs the web for latest fishing tips and other fishing type content. He will then call his inner circle and by that I mean the guys who suck his dick for attention or as some may call his fishing buddies. He will then try to get them to break their plans with friends or families over the weekend cause he wants to go fishing and disappear for 3 days. This is who runs the show folks.. Ask this guy about any of the latest technology at Arthrex and he will look at you crazy and say I don’t know but sounds good now go sell that shit and bring the money back to your pimp.Here is a guy who in a conf call when they said fibertape cerclage he said yes let’s tell docs about our collages. Like we back in 1st grade .

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So this thread started almost a year ago with “facts”. Then once a month, someone chimes in with more “facts”. Then someone says, “well I mean, you are just box openers though!!!”. Then the person goes to another thread and gripes about whatever distributor. That thread goes on for years and years and everyone says “heard said person was in town. You know what that means!!!!” Then everyone says “yeah! He’s getting fired! His house is too big! His boat is too fast! His beach house is too nice! Blah blah blah” Nothing ever happens except you continue to get on cafepharma and complain about other people successes.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest