1. IMPORTANT: In the next few weeks, we will be upgrading the message board software. We expect minimal downtime during the upgrade, and we will attempt to complete this during low-traffic hours. We will post an exact time several days ahead of the switch.

In preparation for the upgrade, we will be performing board maintenance, such as moving boards to Lost Civilizations where appropriate. Lost Civilizations is a category for companies that have either been dissolved or acquired. The boards serve as both an archive of the old company posts, as well as a place for former employees to reminisce or reconnect, as they will remain open for posting. We may also remove some board threads that have been inactive for several years.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite recollections from FLM 2015

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For once in a long time I opened the compliance connection thing and it was talking about the Patriots and deflating footballs and how even the appearance of impropriety is enough to give pause. I for one want to be there in Espana when 20/20 jams a camera in the face of a rep from Joliet, IL and says man what are you doing here?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen you twit every major pharma company does their version of Coe in way nicer places than az does. I've yet to see that camera thrust upon a rep in Paris, Madrid or any other great location. Nice to see az is putting a stop to key west, palm beach, palm springs or Hawaii.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like this too

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is an idea; what if AZ just cancels this entire COE joke. The measurements are a farce, it is mainly a trip for HQ and sales leadership who couldn't remember more than 3 names of winners from the field force. The ugly truth is that many of this years winners will be fired within 2 years for not working or breaking company rules.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In large part it is a paid vacation perk and ego trip for sales leadership. Those who win perform a dog and pony show.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing will change but the worst is that no one believes that there is even a remote chance that anyone can collect enough data to really measure an individual rep anymore

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been around just a bit over ten years. Yes I saw real leadership in my early days with this company. My Dsm's knew the local market and drove business based on the needs of the local situation It made sense to me and to other reps and we followed the strategy. Now in 2015 my Dsm is not a leader but the person who relays messages from the home office and marketing department. Oh also reviews my expense reports. Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with it..it's the way it is. I make a great salary and I don't work very hard. After all these years I know how to play the game and how to give them the metrics they want. I recognized this isn't going to last much longer a very long time ago and have a side business that earns almost as much as my AZ job. I get let go I do that full time. I hope everyone else at least has a plan when the shit hits the fan and we all know it will.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never mind the fact that most years, winners are determined by MC wins that happen during that calendar year. Just look at PA. Two years in arrow, top performers are all PA based (both DSM's & PSS's) w/ a corresponding MC win that year. Funny how that works. Oh & it ain't the Crestor performance that got them there. Know what I sayin'?

Yet, they are paraded as "great" leaders and reps where two years before they couldn't sell squat.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The record of COE is well established. Every year we send people who end up being fired within two years of winning the award. Why? Because they are not working. This is the dirty embarrassing secret that nobody in AZ wants us to know. But look it up. Just go back into the last 5 years of published winners and look at how many are no longer around.