Goals and other crazy thoughts

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any thoughts on the considerable discrepancy in product goals for reps (with the same title) from territory to territory in the same region/city?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very simple. Goals are largely set on projections of growth including marketplace and competitor launches. Once you fall behind you will never catch up. BI is one of the few companies that actually raises its goals when a territory doesn't hit quota. So a territory that does well at launch, in general, will continue to do well for years. That is why you see the same territories win presidents club over and over. Your never going to take a low quartile territory and move it to the top quartile. Conversely a top quartile is never going to sink to the bottom.
    A Pradaxa territory was in the colors fro 6 straight years...with 6 different reps.
    Our territory has been almost exactly in the middle, within a slot or two, for five years. It's fine with us, we strive for mediocrity. The sooner you realize this company does not have a sales culture the less frustrated you will be. Enjoy the PTO and relaxed culture. The big pharma alternative is more$ but they will make your life a living hell.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

its Go to Market and Get Laid Off!
    Ramping up phone sales force is the next phase.
    Now let's all get out and make our goals.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hard to take someone seriously who doesn't know the difference between your and you're.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not what I witness.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is amazing to me that market-share and volume are not part of the IC/Ranking equation. Reps at the top consistently have a very low volume in a location with huge market potential. What other company rewards reps who consistently do not rise to their potential with money and trips? Why would a company pay reps who bring in the lowest sales (net or otherwise) more than the reps who bring in SIGNIFICANTLY more sales (net or otherwise)?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so you think a rep in New York City ,Chicago with much higher volume should be compensated more than a rep in buttfuck Georgia with rural geography and much lower volume? If that were the case companies would have a hard time finding anyone to take a rural geography. BI does a strange job of tracking and rewarding our sales force. I came from a company that measured and ranked you off market share, trx. That system is more "fair" is showing how a rep is driving business. When we measure net sales for our IC I think we are missing the boat. Why take it that far to assign a dollar amount to each script instead of just tracking trx/nrx? The amount assigned to each script is so volitale. One week you are getting $375 a script from Dr. A the next week you are given $250 per script for Dr A.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, what moron in a cubicle in CT sets goals so that 6 of the top 10 ranked Resp TBSs through Aug are all in OH? Sure, 3 are going to PC trip, but the lower 3 get a postcard from Aruba. Meanwhile, some schlepp in Tuscaloosa with a 98% IC will be joining the OH team in Aruba.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about just Stiolto Goals in general. We haven't hit the budget sales goals ONCE since the product was launched. That's about 26 months now. If you get something wrong TWENTY SIX times, maybe it's time to be more realistic?! Maybe at least try something different and let the nation hit it's goal once. It's small step, but I think people would be happy to finally hit a goal.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Latest IC shows how screwed up goals, and consequently IC, are. Consider:

In my resp region 75% of reps below 100% payout.
    Nationally, 70% of resp below 100%.
    Meanwhile,17 of the top 22 resp.nationally are in CA. Are they all really that much better? OH does well too.
    But, some schlep in South Dakota is trending to PC with a whopping 86% payout, barely top 50%.
    Not much better in diabetes where 57% of nation below 100%.

Kudos however for our cream of the crop HSBSs where 56% are above 100% and 71% are above 90%. Yes, I guess they are really that much more superior to the rest of us!

Way to motivate BI! PC Award to be renamed “Tallest Midget Award”.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the laugh. unfortunately it is true. I have never seen such poor forecasting or a poor understanding how goals are to motivate a team to perform. I guess the only motivation is if you are at the bottom in October there is a DO NOT MEETS for you!!!

It is the only company that can take a first to market and end up dead last! How many billons does X and E make?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In one DISTRICT there is 100% goal attainment between lowest territory and highest territory for diabetes. It would be somewhat surprising on a national level but in the same district?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be careful you don't want to make the VP of Micro Management mad. This is his baby.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Mr VP of micromanagement is so inept in goal setting, I suspect he will be inept at “disciplining” any one who criticizes. Besides, the ever changing goals, weightings, targets, etc. give everyone a grace period the beginning of every quarter. E,g., I had a Spiriva target added to my PLANiT who not only did not have an active license, they were actually IN JAIL! So much for accurate data!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No true. One rep going to presidents club, by the time that rep returns home it will be time for a PIP. On the other hand, the rep at the bottom in December is now on track to go to presidents club.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone remember what YTD is for STIOLTO? Have to be only at 60% of goal I am guessing... of already reduced goals since launch!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, doing much better than that, but could always be more.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you all are so F'ing dumb..DUMB literally. all sales goals and numbers are manipulated. PEROID. END OF STORY. what you see and what you get isn't real. Your IC bonus isn't real and doesn't equate to anything but manipulation. You're paid what you're paid. PEROID. if you don't like it then go start your own company.