How are Sales

Discussion in 'Solstas Lab Partners' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS! If you were in Sales you'd know it's not about growing "industry". It's about your own number! It's every man for himself. Numbers,numbers,numbers. It's timing and listening. Strike while the coal is hot and move on to the next account. This has worked for me for years and years. Esoteric tests may help you get in thr door and or bump your number but think about it......when was the last time you sold a $10k or greater account vs upsell any given account by $10k using new tests? No true sales rep would argue this point.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This philosophy and attitude is why Quest is hemorrhaging revenue! If you nderstood what you were selling, you'd have no difficulty selling new tests to your existing accounts. As usual, you're looking for the easy way out. Selling newer, higher-reimbursed tests is how you grow. You're not going to make it selling Hematology, Chemistry and Basic Metabolic Panels that are reimbursed at less than cost.

You have to do both. Solicit new accounts and grow the ones that you have. Unfortunately, Quest is doing neither!

Hope this adds some perspective.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do have to do both but going after new business is where it is at. Quest is not growing because they are being run into the ground by the pharma philosophy. The micro manage and they don't pay. All the good reps eventually just leave. Until they kill the pharma attitude they will not grow

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not the pharma mentality that's killing Quest. It's sales reps who don't know the tests that they sell and there are too few of them. Cuts should not be occurring in sales. The bloating is not in sales.

I agree reps are underpaid and overworked/overwhelmed. Many don't even know where to start because they're poorly trained, don't understand the business and don't know where opportunities for growth exist. They idon't know their customers nor have the time or understanding of account management. They're overwhelmed and under resourced.

The metrics show it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you know your accounts and the needs of those accounts, then you will also know what upsell opportunities exist within them. It's called account management.

You go where the opportunities for growth exist.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong again.....waste your time with VAP or NMR. Good tests but doctors dont want that much info. Offices are meat markets. Spend your time trying to upsell and you will never hit your number. Old dogs like me will continue to surpass quota month after month,year after by going after NEW accounts. Said it once will say it again....it's timing baby. There's always some doc out there pissed off at their current lab. Hit em while they are hot. Pass your literature out but never try to push tests too hard. Most docs are cocky and they think they know everything. Sell em what they know keep it simple and more to the next NEW client....I love it

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who would sell VAP? Seriously?

That's not even a legitimate response and you're not even a legitimate salesperson. No wonder the business is in the drain. As I thought, you don't even know the available tests to sell up.

How pathetic!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im more legitimate then you will ever know.My business is far from being in the tank. Please tell me what wonderful tests you speak of. It doesn't work. Top sales reps don't drive their numbers via tests. It's that simple! If you have an $8-$10k monthly quota you can't make it selling tests! You have to sell new business. I mention VAP and NMR because they are prime examples of various labs wasting marketing and sales time over the past 8 years. I have been forced to sit and listen to presentations on these tests no less then a dozen times. I agree there are somes tests that will help BUT new sales out weighs upsells.
    look it your last six months of sales. Tally your growth via these great new tests. No way did your numbers increase using tests. There are some great new tests out there but most docs dont care and don't get me started on insurance issues. I don't have any desire to try and fix healthcare. I don't care about anything but my number. In the end that's all I am is a number. If you don't see that then you are kidding yourself.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not for long.....Quest will terminate your non-selling, corner cutting, test-ignorant ass!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im way to smart to work at Quest. Now go enter all your little visits into your lap top like the micro managed little troll that you are. I'm gonna start my day by looking at my portfolio and smiling. Maybe I will make a call or two today. Maybe I will just sit by the pool. Tests didn't get me here. Selling new business did!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't confuse your EBT statement with a portfolio, son. If you knew how to read the thing you would see that these welfare benefits are about to run out. Better make your "calls" today while Burger King is still hiring. Dad will be home from work soon and the pool better be clean.

Hope this helps, Whopper Boy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey hope this helps guy is back. It took u long enough. I thought maybe you finally pulled the trigger. Oh well, glad you fought through those nasty thoughts. Now go away, your mommy needs another foot rub u idiot!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should reflect on your own problems before casting aspersions on others for whom you owe nothing but respect. You are the one noting my absence and counting the days until my return. Try to find a life outside CP, son. And stop tipping your hand regarding your "mommy" issues. Even on this anonymous message board it is obvious to all where you are coming from.

I would tell you to get back to work but it is also obvious that you are unemployed, abandoned by a chunky ex wife, having a low FICO score and living with your mother.

Hope this helps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it also about retaining your current client base? What's the point of selling and growing at the front door if you're hemorrhaging and dying out the back door?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hurray! Someone who get's it.

17. oh, brother

The only thing you two get is unemployment, and soon.... the AIDS.

Hope this helps.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: oh, brother

I hear the bell ringing for your 5th grade summer school class. Don't be late!

19. Re: oh, brother

How can you hear that bell? The Court ordered that you aren't allowed within 1,000 yards of any elementary schools.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A wise representative does all three: gets new accounts, retains them and grows them.