How many will be shit-canned?

Discussion in 'PAREXEL' started by Anonymous, Jul 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 guesses.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

850?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well we were given 3 guesses
    1. 850
    2. more
    3. I give up, how many?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that the number being leaked to the street is in the range of 1100-1200. Just shy of 10%.

If you think work life is miserable here now just wait until that happens.

We may not reduce the number of CRA's but when every dept that supports them is cut by more than 10% (they have to be since we are not cutting clinical and they are the largest number of PXL employees) then stuff that CRAs need to depend upon will work even less then they do now. The attrition rate for CRAs will increase.

Our costs my be higher than other CRO's because we have more people per study but its because this place's internal procedures, processes and protocols are so disorganized. Cutting people first without understanding and addressing this is clueless, incompetent and puts the onus on an already over worked work force.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right. If they don't look at the processes they have, especially study start up, then letting go of people is not going to help. I started looking for something else as soon as they announced the layoffs and I'm out of here this week. There are so many jobs out there in the industry now that there is no reason to stay at PXL. Most other companies are paying sign-on bonuses. They are planning on shipping as many jobs as possible to other countries where they don't have to pay people as much as in the US and Canada. Which is exactly what they told us in a town hall a couple of weeks ago-if it doesn't have to be done in the US, then they will send the job to Argentina. Meanwhile, the SSU system they have in place is just stupid. I know we are all over-worked, but the CTSs and their LMs just seem hostile to everyone else on the team. But from talking to one of the few nice ones (who got fed up and left the company) they hate the system as much as everyone else, but that still doesn't explain why they are so rude. I had someone ask me which CTS was doing a review for one of my packets, and when I told them, they said, "Oh, I"m sorry. Guess you'll be submitting that packet several times." I have tried to tell people that the CRAs,, CMAs and CTSs all need the same training-so we understand what the other is doing. I swear it's like we are all playing a game with three different sets of rules. I only have a few more days till I leave but I really want to just go in tomorrow, hand in my laptop and tell them it is F* this shit o'clock and walk out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The day after they publically announced the layoffs, a recruiter from another CRO called me. I got hired and they offered a sign-bonus. I can't wait to leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeave!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am also on my way out, similar situation. I wish all the best to those impacted

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So when are they actually starting the cuts...or have they already? Which location and department?????