How to get out of the firm (JNJ)

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow poor cobi reps. Actually expected to go to work more than 4 hours a week and be responsible for the sales results of their products. You mean some of the reps actually have to start earning their high salaries? This "new jnj" you talk about sounds really horrible.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the dms who aren't working and have lousy sales? Never hear of them going on performance plans. Many dms need to be put out to pasture and replaced with new talent.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but they're all minorities anyway. Management is sending a message to them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doubt that. Minorities of any kind have and always will be untouchable at jnj.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah? In the hospital franchise at COBI, three women, two african americans, and one guy close to the 55 ceiling are all being fired next week based on bad Q1 performance. You'll be reading about it all next week, so stay tuned.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every pharmaceutical company needs to cut a lot more reps in the upcoming months. It's bound to happen and the writing has been on the wall years ago. Anyone who is hanging on should be fully prepared for it. The career of a pharmaceutical sales rep is dwindling and there will only be a few reps standing in the end with large geographies. After the past year that jnj had I'm surprised more reps haven't been laid off here.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company keeps us too busy with unnecessary paperwork, metrics and meetings. Evidently what JNJ doesn't get is that what is perceived as "busier than ever" only amounts to very little if any productive work and that "busy" does not translate into sales anymore. That's our problem now. Sure, we all look very busy for the benefit of management and their jobs, but our "busyness" is not generating "business" in such a manner that supports our expense to JNJ. One day soon, JNJ will have to become brutally honest about the realities of pharmaceutical sales and the fact pharmaceutical representatives do not fit well in today's pharmaceutical marketplace.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why should any of us even bother to leave our houses anymore? None of my docs will let me make an appointment unless I have a new drug or a new indication. That's years from now. I can't believe I'm saying this but I wish I carried samples again so I could at least get in the door to see my docs for a quick signature and feel like I accomplished something. This blows.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your story is true............

HIRE AN ATTORNEY

Document every conversation, print and save every email

Save copies of every email or document that supports your performance and documents inconsistent communication, mistatements, lies, etc.

Good luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just keep playing the game and continue entering the amount of bogus calls required like every other rep is doing these days. We can't all get fired for faking calls.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every rep at every company is riding this wave till it crashes. Nobody bothers trying to get into their accounts anymore. Just keep faking calls like everyone else is doing and work on your Plan B. I figure we have another five years with this gig before it's over for the majority of us.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started this thread and it has really grown. There seems to be a lot of stories going around and this has totally transformed from the original message.

I have now gotten out of the firm with a pretty good package. Not allowed to discuss the details because of the agreement. Life is much better now. It has taken me a couple of weeks for my brain to bounce back to life. I got another job and all I can say is the grass is green. I even enjoyed a sunset the other night. Not near the stress.

Thanks for the advice. I did have everything documented. I did not believe in the no retaliation policy so I chose to quit the fight and get my life back.... Farewell JNJ!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you ever leave jnj? The company knows there's no access with the doctors anymore. They're looking the other way while signing our fat checks and we get all expenses paid and a free car for personal use all day monday through friday and weekends too! Your loss in a job here is only extra security that I breeze through another layoff without worry. Thanks buddy!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is a salary like $250k even possible for a pharma rep? It's ridiculously high, regardless of the product or specialty. A salary of $250k for one jnj rep is the equivalent to the expense of five experienced contract sales reps at $50k working in five different areas. Jnj is run by a bunch of suckers!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jnj's ignorance is my bliss!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was not in pharma, so good luck on the next round of layoffs. Me leaving does not protect you my friend. I liked what I did but could not live with myself with what management was doing to me.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry about your bad experience with jnj. Have heard far too many stories about how hardworking employees are mistreated their managers here. Glad that you left on your own terms. Good luck to you.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just be glad J&J is nothing like GSK. GSK reps are not being ranked on sales but instead are being tested constantly with formal rep assessment tests on products, etc. If reps don't pass the exams or are caught cheating, they're out without severance. Easy way for GSK to clean house without having formal layoffs. This will probably become a trend with all big pharma companies.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once you are on a PIP you are through, finsihed done.
    HR is just there to support your boss who is trying to get rid of you.
    You will shortly be out of the company

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left jnj recently. My God, freedom is sweet.

JnJ sure does have a great name and there are some good people there (key word some), but moving at a snails pace, politics, incompetent leadership, and no accountability sucks the life out of u.

for all u who are unhappy and are thinking about leaving, trust me when i say the grass is greener on the other side. if u're talented, u will get a job somewhere.