Janssen Sales Rep College Hire..should i or shouldn't i?

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by helpmeimpoor, Feb 7, 2015 at 9:19 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a dying industry, especially with the amount of information and groups on the Internet. It used to boggle my mind why the industry was so paranoid when I realized they're paranoid because they're lying. From the top down lying and lying about data etc. I would never work in this industry again, I worked in Arizona and it was an absolute fucking joke. I had the most paranoid partner who would constantly lie and try to make everyone else around him look bad. After stepping away from it, I realized it was because he was made to feel that way. I'm glad that politicians and R&D people from many companies are exposing the lies. Do not join in an industry that has a lot of data that is bullshit, that produces medications that don't do a thing for anyone. You seem intelligent, do something with that intelligence, do not give your assets over to corruption. Once we know, we're all accountable. And now you know.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

U R mad because you lost one of these high paying, do very little jobs. Everyone that works here has a strange partner. That is because sales people hate to work in partnerships. Show me a pair that love working together and I'll show you two reps that need a new career. The industry dying? Haaaaa. Oh boy I just peed myself. The last twenty years the industry has cycled through this. JNJ is always at the head of industry layoffs. It's what they do. But there is plenty of work in the industry.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JBI is dying. You'll see.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me clarify that. It's deteriorating to the point of no return. This industry is dying in terms of the old sales model and O-Care, which I think is fantastic! I don't want any of you dumb sales reps with a business degree trying to tell my docs what works and what doesn't. Liars!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not that company or any large company UNLESS you want to use them to teach you how to sell.

You are MUCH better off working for a smaller company that is not traded on the market. They will treat you better, and you won't get caught up in the BS, that is too common with any large corporation. By BS, I mean the political company culture.

So, it really comes down to your passion for sales. If you love selling, then do it for about 3 years, and then jump ship to a smaller company.

The best move you can make is to just do what you love, though. I would highly NOT recommend doing a job because the pay is so good, yet you have to deal with jerk managers or a company culture that is not based on productivity, but on the political BS.

Trust me. There are many people that can't sell a dam thing, yet get promoted because they sleep with the manager or because they play the game well. If you can sell, you want to take advantage of that. Unfortunately, the pharmaceutical/medical sales industry doesn't reward performers anymore.

Good luck!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PLEASE don't tell me you are a college graduate who doesn't know the difference between your and you're. Did you get your degree from University of Phoenix? Seriously, HOW did you get this job?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your mom recommended him to me. YOU'RE hearing that right: YOUR mom.
    How's that for an English lesson? I'm teaching her French and Greek.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're still are getting it all wrong. See...you're is the same as you are. So simple, even you can understand. Now, next time get it right or you might just be saying "want fries with that?" at your local McDonalds (I bet anyone working there knows the difference between you're and your).

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that I think about it, you really may not know the difference. Are you 12 or just a functioning adult dolt?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GRAB the position!! And do a GREAT job!! There are sales reps that have been out there with reputable pharmaceutical companies for years who would kill for this opportunity. Luck is at the crossroad of opportunity and preparation. You're one lucky grad. Will be a learning curve at first, but you'll be fine.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is sad, but true. Seen it happen time and again. A new manager comes in and drives out the tenured. Especially true in Big Pharma. I will soon be working for a small Biotech. I have worked for Big Pharma via contract positions, and I have worked for medium-size manufacturers. I only want to work for smaller companies now. The corporate BS at the larger companies is too much for me. I know where I belong and it is NOT Big Pharma! I will always seek to be employed by the smaller companies and start-ups. No guarantee that things will always turn out well, but I refuse to go the way of Big Pharma.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be aware that managers at JBI are politicians and in no way qualified to be doing their jobs. This holds true for 90% of them. If you are liked you will be talked up and given key accounts and fraudulent numbers to win awards. It happens time and time again. This senior leadership only looks at numbers, so this will dictate your career. Your advancement will not be dependant upon your personal production so just cast that aside right now. Spend 99% of your time kissing butt and you might have a career.
    Remember that JNJ and JBI in particular are universally hated by exemployees. That should speak volumes to you. In the end you will most likely leave or be let go at a time that is terrible for you and you will then just this alumni. Most never make it to 55 so forget about the pension bs they lay on you. The will also short pay you based on the pension as a selling point so keep that pay cut in mind as well.
    Would I recommend a close friend to come here? Hell no. The place is filled with vindictive children for managers and most reps despise their jobs. 90% are looking while the other 10% are the ones thinking they are special and will make it through the blowjob course to the gravy train. Either way you will age quickly and regret the move. On that you can be sure.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you know what is looked at for the background check for Janssen?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The regular is checked as with all large companies. Everyone is put on a PIP when they are here over 15 years whether you excel for a time/s your time will eventually come.