Layoff-Restructuring

Discussion in 'Teva Neuroscience' started by anonymous, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any thoughts-insight into Specialty Division layoff-restructuring? Obviously CEO is going to make significant changes in Teva's structure as we've seen with leadership changes already! Copaxone-Austedo supporting 2 TN Reps and TP Sales Force doesn't seem to make sense anymore. Copaxone is at the end of it's life cycle and profit margins will continue to tighten with the generic competition. Revenue projection for Austedo TD/HD seems misguided. CGRP will most likely be a solid revenue source but there are obstacles in that market (competition and coverage) along with the fact that migraine free days for all the CGRP molecules was not as robust as initially hoped. New CEO is going to want to "move the financial" needle and it just makes sense that there is going to be some type of layoff-restructuring for specialty sales. Leadership seems pretty quiet right now...which usually is not a good sign! Question is when and what will it look like?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

December-January restructuring! Austedo sold off...2 reps selling CGRP

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you saying they layoff TP and just keep TN as is?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That would be the cleanest and quickest way to do it! Austedo would be better off in the bag with another psych drug anyway i.e. sold in conjunction with an anti-psychotic/depression med. 2 TN reps selling CGRP + hire contract sales force for primary care (that's what all companies do anyway) and then expand sales force accordingly based on new entities in the future. TP leadership and sales force is unfortunately dead weight that Teva has been trying to salvage for 2 years without a strong revenue product. Decrease debt with Austedo sell-off...decrease annual debt burden with reducing head count. Streamlined sales force and leadership team for CGRP = improved more focused sales force.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you are a TN rep.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

haha

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know that most of you TP reps don't think much of us TN reps! In some ways I understand, although, it is our product that has kept the lights on the last 2 years! As far as the post above though...better to look at it like a "Teva Rep" vs TP or TN!

Austedo might be a good drug, but, the prevalence of TD was over estimated. It's revenue is not adequate to support an entire salesforce. Austedo would be better if paired with an existing psych drug and future indications could make it a target for another company to buy the molecule. If Teva has the means to buy another psych product to drop in the TP bag to sustain the salesforce then great, but it doesn't, so sell it and bye bye bye TP.

CGRP will be the only revenue product post-2018 and will most likely remain that way until 2020. I guess you could give it to TP but why would they do that? TN already has existing Neuro relationships and paired up we cover more geography and require less tweaking!

Teva requires significant tweaking. There are scenarios were TP survives but as a shareholder it doesn't make financial sense. Sell Austedo, Respiratory, maybe even Oncology! Single CGRP product focus for the next 2 years with 2 reps per geography + contract sales force for primary care and then reassess in 2020 and expend based on pipeline. IMO

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why get rid of 100 reps to hire a contract salesforce?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You could keep the 100 TP reps and make them primary care...but do you think any of them will stick around calling on primary care docs? Most of them already think they are better qualified more experienced specialty reps than TN (which is another logical reason to shave down to 1 sales force and end the ongoing feud between TP and TN). Offer a severance to those that are offended and want to go...and hire in primary care or respiratory reps to fill in vacant territories rather than going to contract sales!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many of the TP reps have lots of Neuro relationships and Primary care relationships from selling Zecuity and Amrix, as well as, experience from other companies. They have also had to sell something in the last 10 years.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fine TP has "lots of Neuro relationships" but Teva does not need 3 people selling CGRP in Neurology...so what is your point? TN is currently the only Teva sales force calling on Neurologists and territories are aligned accordingly to support 2 reps. Teva needs to reduce debt (by selling off some assets and reducing head count). If TP reps want to stick around and call on Primary Care then great...offer severance to those that don't and back fill with Respiratory after their layoff happens.

But other than that...what does it matter what relationships and experience TP has or had? Teva needs to be restructured and sales force and product portfolio needs to be streamlined. Focus on CGRP and staff accordingly!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You seem very confused about the value of TN. Copaxone was driven 15 years ago, only 1/10 of the TN division has been here that long, if that is you, good job.

Azilect = TN Failure ; TP Growth

Zecuity = TN was less than 15% of PSR and Phil/Amanda couldn't believe the disparity and hated every week of it because they were TN

Austedo = TN literally laughed at in KC Meetings today by a VP when the totals were shown, TP is embarrassing TN with performance. It took HD three months before it actually went backwards

TP is staying, they will be launching Frez and selling Austedo. By the way, they are not two per territory and still less Austedo per territory. Ask your TN leaders why they aren't sharing the totals by division, but the TP group is. News Flash, exposed as not capable is your answer

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical myopic view posted above! Lots of complaining and TP glorification! The discussion is not that TN is superior to TP or vice versa! This is about saving a company! Austedo is not a revenue driver regardless of long-term projections and would be a better as an add-on sell for another psych company looking for a new molecule. Leadership missed on Austedo as a stand alone sell which is no direct fault of TP or TN.

Besides firing off against TN...what is your solution for Teva going forward? Retain current sales structure and keep drowning?

The pharma saying is that each rep needs to generate $1 million per territory to be viable! So Austedo needs to be a $100 million product to keep TP going? Not going to happen! So unless Teva purchases another product to put in the TP bag (and they can't) then Austedo should be sold and TP cut! My point is that TN is the only sales force currently in Neuro and is aligned to launch CGRP. Simple transition from Copaxone. Why spend the money to re-align and move reps etc? If you don't like that idea then go launch in primary care and enjoy meeting with us every week to tell us how and what you are doing!!! I was simply stating that I thought asking TP to do that would be a slap in the face!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess we will see where the company values the amazing TP sales team in the weeks and months to come. You’re completely delusional to think TP is what moved Azilect. Over-sampling offices for access was hardly a good strategy. As far as Zecuity, you were the lead team and had nothing else. Shouldn’t you have gotten more scripts than TN?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess we will see where the company values the amazing TP sales team in the weeks and months to come. You’re completely delusional to think TP is what moved Azilect. Over-sampling offices for access was hardly a good strategy. As far as Zecuity, you were the lead team and had nothing else. Shouldn’t you have gotten more scripts than TN?[/QUOTE]

Let the back stabbing, bad mouthing, lying, credit taking down sizing behavior begin.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do TN reps actually do? Besides filling out and faxing forms and paying off docs to support Copaxone! I'll give them credit, they are really good at all the dog and pony show stuff!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lets face it-- he's Santa Claus

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get a report, we all have them, why do you think Marcy wants TP to sell both indications for Austedo next year. She watched TP grow an Azilect product that TN couldn't move.

Then came Zecuity, TRX was pretty basic report to read, but clearly you are a moron. Here is the explanation, TN accounted for 19% of Zecuity shipments.

Now here is Austedo, 50% of TN and a six month head start, but the shitty education sales force that we all crack up in the office is about to be passed by 1/3 of the TP teams for TOTAL ENROLLMENTS in just two months. TN sells both, has six months more and still gets passed before the year ends.

Any questions? Keep plugging away with those "patient programs" and TP will keep selling. Want further proof, wait until next June when Cop 40 is gone and your division has to launch Fre at the same time as TP but with each group having their own call panel. TN is shit and has been since the 2012 and 2013 mass exodus.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let the back stabbing, bad mouthing, lying, credit taking down sizing behavior begin.[/QUOTE]

Teva Neversell rep proving their worth yet again. Here is your answer, Zecuity was the 4th product in the bag at that time.

I would say get the numbers from one of your dumpster fire managers, but that would require both of you to work and we can't have that. I have been in both divisions, little tn doesn't even know what a PA is. Just enjoy your patient program role and hope that it lasts more than the next 13 months for you.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Teva Neversell rep proving their worth yet again. Here is your answer, Zecuity was the 4th product in the bag at that time.

I would say get the numbers from one of your dumpster fire managers, but that would require both of you to work and we can't have that. I have been in both divisions, little tn doesn't even know what a PA is. Just enjoy your patient program role and hope that it lasts more than the next 13 months for you.[/QUOTE]

What were the other three products you were selling in your bag Numb Nuts?