Layoffs 2023

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Jan 10, 2023 at 6:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Getting to that time of the year. Will Abbott do its cuts at the end of this month?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Started today at ADD in Dallas.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you find a pancake on your desk it's game over, pack your stuff. But hey at least you have a pancake.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It could soon be the end of the non-compete Abbott enjoys enforcing so much to keep wages low and discourage competition.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TBH, working here after the baby formula issues is like wearing a MAGA hat. We should be freed from the handcuffs.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. The #AbbottProud brigade isn’t going to appreciate this one.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs at Abbott CPT division today. #abboutproud

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neuromodulation division started layoffs January 18, 2023

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can confirm layoffs of CPT 1/19/23

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott layoffs affecting all divisions.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The severance package is pretty decent. Which makes me #AbbottProud. Luckily, I live in a “right to work” state and will happily go to a competitor.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ya, except I’ve never worked for a company that’s been investigated by the doj for criminal stuff, so there’s that to not exactly be proud of.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott announced yesterday to the ADD salesforce they are cutting base salaries.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is ADD?

Abbott = Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Nutrition, and Neuromodulation. They also have Diagnostics and Pharmaceuticals.

ADC = Abbott Diabetes Care

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott diagnostics division

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When Abbott does lay offs, do they make you return the company paper shredder?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bruh, if you actually used it, you wouldn’t have been let go.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked at Abbott for 12 years. They laid me off but given that I was over 55 I got this outstanding package. Eight months of free money plus unemployment. When I started my new job I officially retired from Abbott and was getting my paycheck and pension.

AutumnGirl likes this.
  19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Illegal. Once you started a new job, you were not permitted to receive paychecks and pension benefits. Looks like you owe Abbott $s or go to jail. Sorry but that is the law.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, I let the PCL run out before I started work. Started my new job two months after the PCL was gone. Then Abbott paid me my vacation pay. With unemployment added in I did not lose a penny. Free vacation. Point is Abbott does a lot of layoffs, but they are gentler about it than most companies.