Masimo

Discussion in 'Masimo' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2006 at 7:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Masimo Pronto 7

So the new pronto 7....any idea of the suggested retail of this device? Looking into a new position with them and was curious about the real opportunity to sell this device into physician offices. Does it have a cpt code? Is the reimbursment less then drawing blood and sending to lab? just curious if anyone knows? If the doc is making less....it will make it a more difficult sell. I wanted to make sure that it is an established code.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoke with a manager last week re: an opportunity in the EMS division. I do know that the base is $60k, car allowance is $500, six months of commissions w/o having to pay back the draw (this amt is $1200 p/mo.) According to the HM this gives you time to build somewhat of a customer base. 401k match, fuel paid for, corporate credit card plus all the technical support stuff.

I am waiting to get a face to face. I am not sure of all the negative feedback, nor do I let it sway me much. Could it be a ticked off Tyco C-level guy due to their loss in the lawsuit violating anti-trust laws. Just a thought. I am going to find out for myself in the interview.

I think it is quite impressive with all the awards that have been given to Masimo with the innovative products they manufacture.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard good things about the company and they have a really good reputation in the field. There is not a TON of negative comments on this board, so I feel like that is a good sign. If you look up some companies the bad comments go on and on. Money looks good and I have a friend that works for them in the alternate care division and they are really happy....Best of luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen to the quarterly investor calls or read the transcripts...Google search: Masimo & seeking alpha. I was looking at a position, but after reading the CEO's comments to investors, I'm not so sure. With continuous non-invasive Hemoglobin, he won't provide real data on "sockets," but instead provide number of quotes. Nobody care about how many quotes are in the field. Also, I worked in a clinical setting before sales, and blood gas accuracy is something like .02 grams/dl and continuous hemoglobin is FDA approved at .1 grams/dl. How could this replace a blood gas in a "live or die" blood transfusion scenario? That's 5 times less accurate than a blood gas measurement. The reps seem proud of their product and that's fine, but look at this from a real, clinical perspective and not a "new gadget" perspective.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont take the job - you wont make any money. Masimo is a big lie. I worked there. Nothing they tell you is true. Pulse ox is better than Nellcor but your commision will have vvery little incentive for pulse ox. It will be based on Rainbow which does not work they way they will promise, plus no one wants it

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this guy. He is right!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is true. Hb does not work. Not accurate at all. Masimo was trying to get glucose testing and stumbled across hemoglobin. It is not at all accurate, it is very expensive, and if the patients is not extremely well perfused it will not work!! very few people who are well perfused has low hemoglobin. It solves a problem no one sees as a problem!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point. No one bought hemoglobin testing last year except the gov for use in combat. listen to the quarterly call as suggested above. 75% of all hemoglobin sales came from the gov at the end of the year. The CEO has no clue. Last year earnings were 53 million and 50 million came from lawsuit against Nellcor. Now Masimo is suing Philips, sooner or later they are going to get their clock cleaned in one of these lawsuits and that will be the end of Masimo. THey do not make money from their products

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALternate care division just had their product taken off the market. How happy is your friend now? There is a class action lawsuit from reps in this division now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Masimo will not deliver on the money they are promising. Rainbow does not work as promised. Pulse ox is so much better than Nellcor, unfortunately your comp plan is only 25% weighted on SpO2 and it is a huge nut to crack, you wont make it. Rainbow products will not deliver the money they are promising. Be sure and post again 1 year after you take the job!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Masimo - hemoglobin does not work. We talk about the trend value but when the patient is bleeding out and the trend is going up there is a problem. Plus there are so many products out there that can test hb so much cheaper why would they use Masimo? I wish I had someone like this in my teritory. There are less than 5 Hb accounts in the whole country!!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base is $60,000 and they pay a $3000 month draw. You will have to sign a document that says you have to pay them back based on commisions which you will not eard. If you do not pay back the draw they will sue you and you will pay their attorney fees plus 10%. You will never get out of the hole which is what they want because they are bringing products to the market before they are ready and using the sales force to do beta testing. You will never make the money they promised and end up being forced to pay them back half of what you earned, which is half of what they promised.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Masimo Pronto 7

True. Pronto 7 was also very expensive. Masimo has different prices for hospitals, alt sites, and physician offices which really pisses people off when they find out. and they almost always find out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you like it now? Every rep I know is moving as fast as they can to leave this company. I work there now. Worst company management I have heard been involved with!!! Pay is awful, car allowance sux, 401k sux, and health plan is so bad you would be better off going to get it on your own. You must be one fo the assholes who hired me!!! BTW - I am one of Masimo most successful reps. You dont make anything close to what they lied to us about. ANybody stupid enough to go to work for these guys deserves what they get. Do you research on Masimo before taking their money. They will threaten to sue you too!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is this insane asylumn going to be exposed...how much longer can they continue to trick the sales force and the customers. WTF

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cant believe anyone still works for this company. It is really bad!!! Lies and law suits - that's Masimo creed. Anyone who goes to work for this company is crazy. No one stays over 2 years and most less than 2.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Masimo is awful. I worked there for 5 months and left before my one year $120,000 gaurantee was up. It is so bad you can not believe they are still in business. Huge turnover, no one wants to stay!!!! No one!!!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Masimo just won an award for the Pronto 7, it is not on the market anymore because it doesnt work...that is very impressive. Who is giving out these awards? They are worse than Masimo

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are being generous from what I hear

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a gadget!!! Hospitals can get and want a complete CBC for $2.00 or they can buy a hemoglobin sensor from Masimo for $50. You tell me. It is a good place to work if you want a first row seat on the Titanic. Listen to the quarterly report with the CEO - he will discuss quotes not actual users. No one uses hemoglobin or their other crap.