my theory on the Lilly lawsuit

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, May 17, 2011 at 2:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear from BI folks that Lilly partnership is as strong as ever, inspite of the TRO. It would appear that Lilly is poised to dump out of the Amylin agreement at any cost making a Pfizer play for Amylin quite possible.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard lilly has agreed to hire a contract sales force to appease amylin. 500+ contract sales force for 1 year. Anyone else hear that?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would that cost Lilly? How many millions?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering they arleady have a relationship with quintiles, and to avoid paying legal fees on top of the millions in the suit...less. It is happening this way..trust me.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given that there is a lot of competition for sales rep with experience in diabetes drugs, it should cost Lilly $120-$140 million dollars.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel bad for them.....being held fully accountable for sales of twice daily and once weekly products. If they fall below sales target they will be blamed. Dam if they do and dam if they don't.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't feel bad. Lawyers from both sides need work. Outside law firms are handling the case. They get paid no matter what the outcome is. Employees from both parties benefit from the slow down. They can enjoy working fewer hours. It's fun getting paid to watch court room drama.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We should not bite the hand that feeds us ! wtf

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Dan touched upon Lilly law suit and said the company was deeply saddened that they had to take such drastic actions. Dan stated that after four months of trying to work out a business resolution with Lilly, no resolution could be found and it left Amylin no choice but to pursue legal action to ensure Lilly was going to properly promote Bydureon in the marketplace and to ensure Bydureon's benefits were going to be presented by Lilly's sales force in a manner that would fully maximize the drugs potential in the marketplace. According to Dan the judge in the trial extended the TRO by two days and a court decision about the Preliminary Injuction should be out later this week. Dan semed to separate Amylin's sales force which he stated currently stands at 325 sales representatives from Lilly's sales force. Dan never once used the word joint commercialization efforts or the Exenatide One Team."Kevinmik