My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jealousy on display. You ooze it.
    You're tripping over yourself, trying to come up with something brilliant....
    Epic fail.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. You are eye deep in asshole. " corporate abuse of employees"? You are too steeped in your victomology for any help. Enjoy a pathetic life without any glimpse of perspective. You are welcome to it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy as bad as things may get, as bleak as things may look, I just thank God that I'm not you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got served. Piss-weak comeback. Anyway, why are you even here worrying about us? Aren't you a busy hero? Hurry up, there's cats stuck in trees and teenagers smoking joints at the movies. Go do your hero/volunteer stuff.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound bitter. Maybe you don't like the fact that those about whom you complain seem so genuinely happy. You sound like the whiner. Boo hoo.

FU and FU Merck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, don't sprain your shoulder patting yourself on the back, jackass. People who deserve respect don't have to lobby for it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" you got served"? What are you some kinda half-assed jersey gangsta?
    If you ever had any spirit Merck got the rest of it so Merck wins. But hey, it was the best job you could get and it's hard for you to let go, I understand. Were else would you go?
    Did you remember to order deli for your offices?
    No? Couldn't even get that right huh?
    Now get back to your excel spreadsheet your ctl wants by the end of the week and get ready for the ass reaming he's gonna give you on your field ride next week but hey keep telling yourself your doing something " important " and that you're the one putting one over on them.
    I'm sure all up and down the line they're worried about what you're doing.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pal, you are dead man walking.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're so bitter that you're drooling all over yourself. Does this thread get under your cowardly skin? Do you pee in your diaper at night, wishing we could all learn our lesson (whatever lesson it is you want to teach us)? Doesn't it just irk you to no end, how folks come on here and speak their minds freely about the shithole known as Merck? And how you can't do a damn thing about it, except stomp your little feet and wave your little fists.
    LOL.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's simplify this:

1. Merck is a sh!thole employer.

2. The 15 Guy, the Queen and God only knows how many others are the product of that sh!thole treatment. They represent the vast majority. Those of you who cling to your righteous, I-love-Merck mentality are waaaayyyyy too stupid to understand.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's simplify this: stop the co-dependency. Leave. You must be waaaayyyyy too stupid to do it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Want to compare tax returns? I'll show you who's stupid.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop being a Merck koolaid gulping douche bag and stop reading this thread if you don't like what the majority has to say here. You aren't going to change how people genuially feel working here. Leave the thread stupid. You have no clout here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Majority? You are doing most of the posting on this board. We get that you are angry because of being let go. You should move on.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet you will also say that you have a good looking wife, a really cool car and a great big house :)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true, but let's cut our resident douche-bag some slack. First, he was up bright and early this morning to change into a dry diaper and post above. As you know, he pees on himself at night, dreaming of brilliant, witty things to say. Second, it's not nice to make fun of mental midgets. He is quite bothered by the fact that we are calling out the corporate leadership on their arrogance and incompetence.

Or to put it in simple terms: When we expose their incompetence, it causes his incontinence!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Merck has released 4Q results and sales overall are down, 781 m compared to over 900 m Q4 last year. Pharmaceutical sales are flat despite the army of reps that Merck employs. A pharmaceutical sales representative is massively expensive to train and maintain ( salary,car,health insurance, retirement, computer, meetings, marketing materials and samples) and a huge liability( policy and labeling violations, car insurance, potential for HIPPA violations and whistle blowing, sample diversion, on and on). The actual ROI on this huge company investment is almost impossible to measure. What is the actual impact of having representatives on sales? Difficult to asses. If you are a rep the reality is you are ineffective, inefficient and easily, cheaply ( cso's one example) replaceable, if you even want to continue with the " fuller brush man" sales model which is, of course, obsolete. I would submit that the average rep doesn't even make as many real sales calls as the old fuller brush man.
    So what we have on this thread and others is the reaction of 3 reps . And those that cheer them on: The "FU Merck" guy who directs all his career ineptitude towards Merck. He chooses to curse the darkness. A venting exercise that just goes on an on but doesn't seem to produce any real result. Then there's the "15 guy" who basically sticks his head in the sand, has too punted any affecting any personal or corporate outcome and is just waiting for the shoe to drop.
    Then there's the PCQ who works a side job selling what is, at best, a novelty item and, by her own admission has a husband with a six figure income so her safety net is in place regardless. They all claim to have a pile of money ( " let's compare tax returns" and such) but there is no empirical evidence that any one of them is in any way prepared for the inevitable.
    So the question stands, outside of their own frustration and anger, not what it is that are doing, which seems to have phantom outcomes, but what will YOU do?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, playa-hater. What we have on this thread are DOZENS and dozens of current and former Merck employees. You wish it was only 3. All of us have seen the writing on the wall long ago. Not just sales reps. Scientists. CRAs. Project management. What we have in common is bearing witness. Bearing witness to a has-been, sorry excuse for a corporation, collapsing under the weight of its own bullshit. Collapsing from its own nastiness and punitive climate, having alienated and disenfranchised its best scientific talent. Through years of toxic culture and failed internal policies, they have squandered an opportunity to be an industry leader. Arrogance of leadership, incompetent senior management, more concerned with layers of process than true inovation. Everyone (except little old you) seems to know what time it is. And we all call it like we see it.

At the same time, most of us are not standing around waiting for the roof to fall (which it most certainly will). Folks are taking charge of their futures, either running side businesses, or having already left for smaller, more nimble competitors that understand how to motivate, engage, and invest in a happy workforce for the future.

You're right: everyone is replaceable. That works both ways. Merck is replaceable. Both on a personal level, when folks choose to replace it with a more promising path for themselves. And on a global-corporate level, where it is failing and sinking. And soon to be replaced by more nimble and innovative players.

And in the middle of it all, there is silly little you. Stomping your little feet, trying to scare us, and pretending to be a big bad CEO that's going to lay us off. Powerless as you are, you spend your waking hours trying to come up with something relevant to say. Only to fall flat on your face.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok "dozens." Merck has approx. 80,000 employees worldwide. I'm not the one constantly stomping my feet against leadership. That would be you. Merck is the fourth largest drug company in the world. Who are you? You're a rust spot on the cog of a wheel of a very, very big machine. You're right, many have chosen to move on to better employment, including myself. Were does that leave you? Still at Merck in your entry level job, far behind. In which case your tantrums mean nothing and you get what you deserve. And what have your baby tantrums produced? Less than nothing. Your "dozens" throwing fits are so small in the scheme of buisness as to be immeasurable. You refuted none of my points as to the value (lack thereof) of being a rep at merck which I assume you still are.You wouldn't recognize real success if it came and bit you on the ass. I'm not trying to "scare" anyone, just pointing out obvious fact.Buisness needs change. Change with them or be left behind. I suspect that is the true source of your anger. "To those who much is given,much is expected" but you couldn't keep up and the increased demands upset your little cushy 10-2 gig. Tough. If you're still there, well good luck with the inevitable layoffs that will come.Your kind are a dime a dozen.You've never advanced? Well too bad but thats how things work. You contribute nothing but vile anger in your posts. I assume your're the same in life and on the job. No were else to go? You take your chances inside Merck and I'll take mine outside of it. Good luck. You will obviously need some seeing as you have so ably demonstrated a significant lack of career skills and mobility. You're stuck. I'm not.