New President

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by anonymous, Mar 14, 2024 at 2:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In case you’re wondering about what our new President is going to do when he starts next week, look no further than his tenure as a division lead at Novartis. Less than six months after taking over, he cut over 50% of the sales force. Because of the disastrous launch of Veozah, we’re going to miss billions in projected revenue over the next 3-5 years. The earnings call in early May will lay all of this out in the open and there will be no choice but to cut jobs….lots of jobs! You better plan your own exit strategy as the severance package is weak. The WHIPs & KAMs that were just cut will get a minimum of 8 weeks pay + 1 week for every year of service.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finance here. Truth.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lord have mercy. I have never even heard of a 1 week severance per year of service before. This is atrocious and shameful. I ask myself who are these people we are working for. Are they American haters.How can one of these Japanese leaders even show their face. The global ceo hasn’t even been around. He should quit too. I am embarrassed for the good people that work here. At least the ones that are left. I will never again work for a Japanese company. They have fallen from grace.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One week for every year is the standard severance in most industries.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks JJ. I know Astellas strives for the standard!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All polls say coming to America in November

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL! We only have 400 sales people in the Veozah division. You don't bring in a new President to cut from the 400 people. You can do that on email with the bald guy prior to his departure. You bring in a new President to cut the gristle from the other divisions. Oncology has plenty of that. His main role will be to grow our new product which is awesome. He will create a new leadership group of new people from other places that are not from Astellas. He will restructure what is left of Northbrook and other sales support related divisions like market access, marketing, etc... Expect an overwhelming change to the structure and the people in sales leadership roles throughout the company. The Veozah division will see most of this change. Its a very outdated and old design that is currently in place. Expect to have some new lines drawn. Looking forward to hearing about how we rollover some of the folks in Oncology and Hospital into the primary care setting. Hopefully the moment the new President comes in his new leadership group promptly follows.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't bring in a new President to layoff a tiny little division of 400 people. You bring him in to restructure everything from top to bottom. We need a new set of eyes. His main role will be to grow our brand new product which does amazing things for patients. He will need to build a new leadership group that will come from the outside to replace this existing group that hasn't been able to do much. He will create new territory lines. He will restructure the leadership flow chart which is old and antiquated. Oncology itself has a lot changes coming with the LOE of Xtandi. So much to do but a layoff is not near.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your “tiny” little division of 400 is more than half this company’s sales headcount. Dream on!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

400 reps is the smallest saleforce I have ever launched a new product with. I am OK with that. We just have way too much management for this small salesforce. All the regions are really small too.

1 New MSBU VP overseeing Oncology & CS (don't think hospital will make it)
    4 directors East, West, North, South (Retire the ones who have been in the same position for over 10 years)
    Increase the size of the regions (Rollover Oncology and Hospital Reps where space is available)

I think this is a recipe for success and we trim the fat at the same time.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time to trim the fat! Reps are the whiniest, overpaid, and most lazy part of our company. Blundered our launch!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like Northbrook overhead! This President has to check the work from home shenanigans going on in home office.

To the previous post, I say hell no to 4 directors. 2 directors East and West thats it. They must be new people because none of these directors have any integrity left. This launch has exposed them! The VP'S are gone for sure.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been treated like a slave by Sr. leadership before, but I got paid. This is the first time I am treated dog poo and not paid. Who do the people in this company think they are. You got another thing coming.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biggest troll commenter in the forums. You have to stick your nose in every post and talk trash about the reps. Your repetitive shenanigans are overplayed at this point. Laughable how bad you try to pass the blame when you know you're useless. In this case, this was everyone's but the reps fault, and I'm not even a rep. I can say for a fact that the reps on my team have worked their butts off launching this drug and I'm actually proud of them. It's certainly not their fault. It's embarrassing how many times I've gotten questions from them on various issues with Veozah specifics and I just had no answers for them because my leadership isn't giving me any answer is either.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth matters. Thank You

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This leadership group has failed. Expect changes at the leadership level. This new President will have his own people that he will succeed with. Not this old tired group that has lost all the trust in its people. Its the only logical step. We have on boarded a ton of new sales people. Nothing else can be done to the reps. We could barely keep this place staffed. New leaders will bring new ideas, and a fresh start for many.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have gotten new life ever since the changes started. If they get rid of my vice president and director, I will go to the moon like our new contest.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You work finance in northbrook? Your finance sucks!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finance, not magician. Can't print money, sorry.