No Meetings, No Commissions, No Security

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by anonymous, May 25, 2020 at 10:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many companies have reps that attend meetings for a major portion of their sales revenues. How will theses companies fare with no meetings to attend and long will they hold on to reps. Many are over leveraged. How will they survive and how will their employers survive?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will not survive.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can see the small catalog companies being hurt especially if they depend on meetings to survive. The small regional dealers wi;; be gobbled up by the Schein andPatterson's of the world. Antone depending on dental school sales is basically dead in the water. Reps are not making money, no commission, no car allowance, taking payouts and at some point may be out of a job. I can see this happen across the board in dental inclusive of implants. The big implant cases are gone.Whats going to happen with Envista, Strauman/Neodent. Those who were on the outside playing might be the go to companies.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This affects very few companies. If a company’s primary source of income is meetings they are set for failure either way.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More than what you think.....these are the companies that in a few weeks will start furloughing people when sales are sparse.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree with your point of view. If you are employed by a dealer and you are in sales your job might be in jeopardy because you don’t need a rep to place an order for you. Doctors are going to be more price conscious and are realizing they have been over paying for products. They are also realizing that name brand necessarily does not mean best brand. Be prepared to see many companies go 1099 with reps, no expenses, no benefits and no paid vacations. If you wake up in the morning and sell you earn. The world is changing.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

distributors and meetings companies are doomed. Say bye to the little guys like Impladent Acteon Salvin Hiossen and so forth

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting point of view. Some companies are over leveraged, some are over staffed, some have inventory that has probably expired, some have reps that are looking and others are trying to decide who stays and who goes. This is a very sad situation when people depnd on their jobs to support their families. I can see a mass exodus from the dental sales arena and if they don't get let go they will be offered a commssion only position.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AAOMS and AAOMS Implant Meeting to be combined as a virtual event in October. AAP not happening that might go virtual. I guess these companies are saving money on exhibits and travel however they can only affor to keep some of their sales people and the others will belet go to fend for themselves. I am very worried about this happening to me and my co-workers no empathy anywhere.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who really cares these meeting are a waste of time and money. Only people making money, the orgaziers and the company paid speakers. Bet you many speakers taking a hit this year.