Now there are over 1100 wrongfultermination lawsuits at Amgen. They all didnt fit.

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Feb 6, 2008 at 11:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The point isnt who has them...just that you can't beat them...they are in stone....also the 11,500 staff members that were hire from 2001 and 2005 all had arbitration clauses. We know not even staff member has one...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES, YES, YES....arbitration can be moved to trial in federal courts.

Office of the Solicitor
    August 9, 2002

MEMORANDUM FOR
    REGIONAL SOLICITORS
    ASSOCIATE SOLICITORS

EUGENE SCALIA
    Solicitor of Labor

SUBJECT:
    Consideration of Employment Arbitration Agreements

The Supreme Court's decision earlier this year in EEOC v. Waffle House, Inc., 122 S. Ct. 754 (2002), affirms the government's ability to proceed with litigation on behalf of individual employees even when the employees have agreed to arbitrate employment disputes with their employer. Waffle House is a welcome affirmation of the government's litigation authority and its unique role in enforcing the law. The Department must balance this authority, however, with what the Supreme Court has called our "liberal federal policy favoring arbitration agreements." Moses H. Cone Mem'Mosesl Hosp. v. Mercury Contr. Corp., 460 U.S. 1, 24 (1983).

http://www.dol.gov/sol/media/memos/August9.htm

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SC027704 DARCY M JENSEN VS AMGEN, INC 9/26/2000 Civil - Unlimited PI/PD/WD - Other AMGEN, INC (Defendant)
    Gold digger for Amgen money......this was a farcee for Darcy and should have been thrown out of court.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so one out of almost a 1000.....amgen hasnt done anything wrong???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey what about the 2 reps that file for 15 million each??

Has to be something true with that. The lawyers won't waste their time unless there is something obvious! Try a little exercise and call one lawyer and see how much time they give you to tell your story...make one up and see...you have to have a lot of proof......

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Now there are over 1100 wrongfultermination lawsuits at Amgen. They all didnt fit

hey what happened with Oanh Le? I remember her..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Feds have taken the case. Wake up Amgen and settle the civil case while you still can. IT IS NOW A FEDERAL CRIMINAL CASE. In addition to huge fines, someone may be going to jail........

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congress hearing about excess CEO pay (Merril Lynch, Citibank, Country wide)

Guess who is next on the cutting block!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Now there are over 1100 wrongfultermination lawsuits at Amgen. They all didnt fit

She used to write emails in ALL CAPS

I don't know what happened on that fateful evening, but all you guys out there, run screaming from chicks who write in all capital letters. They are more trouble than you can imagine.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No chit...I'd be happy if they gave me 1/2 of any one of those settlements to be outta here...wish to hell I'd been rif'd...hoping my name is on the next round...if there is one

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is funny how all of us forget about all of this.......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think we have forgotten. It is pushed back in our memory so we can focus on all the new craziness going on right now. With this much dysfunction going on one has to suppress some of it in order to stay sane. Just like the soldiers in Iraq. However someday it will all come crashing back and then we will need to seek help. Hope it doesn't all happen at once to everyone otherwise the term "going Postal" will become "going Amgen".

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many folks out there have experienced retaliation from Management and HR?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there are so many people out to get kevin....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have the over 50 women who are power crazy that fabricate reasons to terminate anyone who is a perceived threat to them, no matter how good their work. One woman (I can't use the word "lady") attacks employees who are lower labor grades and those above her. She has managed to get 2 Executive Directors and one Director placed on PIPs or fired. Why is this behavior tolerated? Because she is in the "good ol gals" network? Of course there are lawsuits!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She sounds like my manager who is perpetually on the move to destroy folks. She was made director in a department where she had zero experience, I really mean zero experience

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Amgen really know about negative Aranesp studies and hold them back? How can they do that when patient safety comes first? The ENHANCE study the didn't know about it?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen knew about the Danish study but didn't make a statement until sometime after the paper was published.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually after earnings and stocks were sold off.

That is why you, big wigs left quickly, Nanula and Malibu Man from Quality

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know they knew about the Danish study. You don't know that for a fact. How could you.