Openings

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m interviewing for one of the open positions. Had a few questions. Is it really a GI exclusive panel, or is PCP also in the mix? Can reps realistically exceed sales goals to receive untapped sales bonus? How many Allergan partners will you have? TIA

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It depends on the geography as to how many PCP's you'll have, but you can expect to have PCP's. Sales goals are somewhat attainable, however you very rarely exceed 10K per quarter. You'll have 6-18 allergan partners, depending on geography.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope this is a joke. Unless you are currently out of work with absolutely no opportunities on the horizon I would steer clear. They will tell you it’s all about small pharma, owner mentality, etc. Then you enter a world of job instability, call notes, and metrics that I have never seen in big pharma. To top all that off management is horrible.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds good. I’m jumping on board and ready to rock the pharma world.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also forgot to ask about Employee Stock Purchase Plan? What kind of discount do you get and how long until you have to sell? I asked about a sign on bonus and was told I would receive “a lot” of stock options. What’s “a lot”?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The stock is plummeting and won’t be worth anything soon. And there’s basically no pipeline. I’d be surprised if we are all here a year from now. Unless you’re out of a job, I wouldn’t come here

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run, do not walk, away from this company! It’s a perfect example of a company starting out great with wonderful plans and intentions, but losing sight of all of that over the years and turning into the worst and opposite. It has no pipeline, neverending and increasing metrics, upper management has no plan and no interest in employees’ success and morale is horrible and full of distrust. We are basically floating around on a sinking ship with no life raft. We are all hanging around hoping for a great severance package eventually. You will have a ton of pcps and Allergan partners, despite what they tell you. This is not a specialty job at all. The stock is a depressing joke now and it will never be worth anything.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So. Here is a new wrinkle. Just updated. Another IBS C drug is being approved and launched by early 2020.

This is be a significant competition to our Linzess brand.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i was told that they have no plans for lay offs

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We were all told that in 2016 and then boom - lay-off!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm looking at an open position and hope to be hired once industry is back in the field. I am just curious if it is a company car or monthly car expense? Are most reps happy? Micromanaged?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a company car, but i would stay far away from IW. It is very much micromanaged with stupid crazy metrics. Just look at it's stock price as it's a good indication of how IW is doing. It's not a long time gig unless you are at the end of your career. There have already been numerous layoffs within IW short history. Just consider yourself warned if you take the job.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IW short history looks impressive to me. Flagship product Linzess YOY growth is impressive! Every company has layoffs, just looking for a small Pharma feel.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you actually want advice? Or would you rather just argue with insiders on how you think the job would be based on what you’ve read? Listen to the poster who responded. You will have a million Allergan partners and no pipeline. Wouldn’t be surprised to see layoffs again because of covid

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will ask the secretary for advice on how to get a Veeva Engage meeting with the physician since I learned that on our call today. So no, I don't need anymore advice.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask this in your interview. Are the same geniuses that traded Cologuard (IW sold this at one time with Exact) for Zurampic still running the show? If the answer is yes (it is); you should run far away.