Outside Medical Sales Representative/ Patient Care Coordinator position?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great. Those are well-thought out, and good reasons to not pursue a position with PPS and I do thank you for your help.

Maybe there aren't many PCC's on here but if you are qualified for a PCC position, what other medical sales positions/companies have ex-PCC's pursued? Basically I'm just wondering why the only other options seem to be Lincare and Apria in the vast industry of medical device companies. Is it just easier to get hired at PPS, Lincare, and Apria?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately too many take this board for gospel. Check out Roche or other smaller providers if you want to stay away from top 3.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahhh, What other DME 'S were raided by The FBI? Please enlighten me on what year this occurred please? Since you are so smart, you should know what year it happened for Apria and Lincare? So what year was it?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please, just walk away and grab another beer and start enjoying your weekend. Not everything is a pissing match.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, The Scooter Store was just raided by the Feds this year actually, and I have to think you've heard of other medical companies being under investigation for incorrect medicare billing just from minor news interest. Sheesh, tough crowd here..

And indeed, it is time for a beer - have a good weekend everyone.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's great GENIUS, but I am still waiting on your answer on WHEN the other companies Were raided by the FBI?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The scooter store carries O2? ANXD BTW, It was mentioned Apria and Lincare. WHEN did the FBI raid them?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly why people in the field do not trust corporate. All they do is make up lies about PPS and the competition, When they are questioned on the ies, they get defensive. (go have another beer)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoa, I never said Lincare or Apria had been raided by the feds. I simply said that it has happened to other medical companies in the past. It shouldn't matter if it involves O2 or not - illegal billing practices are performed similarly regardless of which DME is involved. So funny that anyone trying to have a discussion on here that doesn't involve bashing PPS is labeled as being from corporate. Like I said before, the main reason I wouldn't take a position with PPS as of now is because of all the incoherent, illogical posts from people that were actually hired by them.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you corporate for your input.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are new to the DME world then I would not recommend jumping in now. This isn't specific against PPS, it's in general. You are correct that several other DME companies have been raided, investigated, and had millions of dollars taken back by Medicare. There have been at least 6 major MCR "stings" over the past few years (yes this includes PPS) but extends to physicians, nurses, small DME companies and large ones as well. Rotech was raided years ago and Apria has had so many audit issues and investigations that they had to make their ridiculous deal with Humana just to stay afloat.
    Personally I hold nothing against any of these companies, but I will say that any type of medical sales job is going to be difficult to get into and be successful in right now. Ever seen Love & Other Drugs? That USED to be how pharmaceuticals and DME sales really went down...but those days are long gone as they should be. There's been too much fraud and abuse in the medical industry. I used to make upwards to 6 figures in this field but not anymore.
    PPS is having a difficult time adapting to these changes and enforcing them. There are too many "old school" sales people at the top who don't want to change even though they preach adapt or die. Do I want my big paychecks? Hell yeah! But I'd much rather see an accurate and sustainable commission structure so I can KEEP getting my checks. I'm too damn old to change games now.
    Go ahead and let the bashing begin, but the questions were what's it like to be a PCC here and who else has been raided. Well, there's your answers.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your informed response, definitely appreciated. My main concern was whether or not a PCC was a good place to start in medical sales, and if one is qualified for a PCC position but doesn't want to work at PPS because of all the bad press, what other positions one would be qualified for, ie other viable options/companies in medical sales.

It sounds like the entire DME industry has taken a significant hit with the new Medicare regulations, so it will be interesting to see what happens down the road. Sounds like the short term solution will be fewer reps with bigger territories, smaller companies going bust, and of course lower commissions, but compared to other sales jobs/industries it's still fairly attractive for a newcomer in a recovering economy.

Anyway, thanks again for your input!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As someone who has never been in sales at any level ... Frankly I don't know how you all do it. Even if you had a relatively high base you still live off of commissions. And that is if you had a high base to begin with. Too uncertain for me. Congrats to those who have what it takes in any industry, let alone one like ours that almost seems anti-sales.

Unrelated - the anti-spam questions are just weird. Really, "egg" is the best option of items most likely to be thrown?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, I am the one who said to go grab another beer, and I am not corporate, sorry. And I was not the one who said something about FBI. Too many "Anonymous" here I guess :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol mine was about bacon! And this one is about milk. CafePharmas secret grocery list?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kevin Stock fired in Chicago, Melanie Suhm should have had his job a long time ago. Gilbey is getting nervous in Lex as Beverly is pregnant with their second child. Mia has a little sister coming. Congrat's WPG!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Wow, Bitter, party of 1? He must have REALLY out performed you previously for you to sink to such a personal and pathetic level.

Congrats to you Patrick! You must have done your job well to make such fierce enemies!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there will be an company wide call tomorrow fyi more news to follow

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In 2001, Lincare paid $4.15-million to settle an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's office in Sacramento, Calif., In 2005 Federal agents raided the offices of Lincare Holdings Inc. in FL

Rotech was raided in April of 2003

Apria was investigated in 1996 or 1997 and 2004 by the Feds

Gibson Guitar was raided in 2011

Best yet, how about the fact that the feds are investigating the feds!

WASHINGTON (Aug. 28, 2013) — The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) has informed U.S. Reps. Glenn `GT’ Thompson (R-PA) and Bruce Braley (D-IA) of its decision to begin an investigation of the CMS management of the Competitive Bidding program.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You missed one:

Pacific Pulmonary raided by the FBI and CMS 2012. The investigation is still ongoing.