Parking

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jan 23, 2024 at 11:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Came into work today and there were dozens of cars circling around looking for parking. Facilities apparently didn’t bother to do snow removal on the top of the garage. lol that’s gotta be a hundred plus spaces. What a joke. How do you create such a stupid RTO policy then not maintain the garages?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

send a message to Magic Johnson… he’s the owner for our maintenance vendor. DEI vendor hiring at its finest!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Arrive earlier.
    Problem solved.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well no not really, there’s still a finite number of spaces less than the number of cars that eventually get there dumbass

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or, plow the fucking garage like a company that deserves to be taken seriously.
    Problem solved.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why did we sell Kennyworth? There is no room in Rahway, the Bond Cafe is a zoo and there’s no where to sit.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are rumors they might go back to 2x a week and blame some remodeling they’re doing in Rahway.

Seems like a decent enough coverup to not have to admit they completely buggered the return to office.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t mind coming into Rahway however, they really need to work on accommodations like parking and an additional cafeteria. I do miss having cubicles for privacy.. also - there are some people working here with big loud voices and I can hear all the juicy personal stuff!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

don't see that happening. The employee turnover rate is very low, people aren't leaving, so why should they change anything?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guess we’ll see what happens after bonuses come up and RSUs start to vest. Lot of people are just waiting for that before they bolt.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where are they going to bolt to? Pfizer and Novartis are laying people off and the other companies are probably going to do that later this year. Not a good time right now.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody is bolting anymore.
    Employers have the leverage once again.
    But I wish you all luck.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, exactly. Turnover rate at MRK is historically low right now, job market tough with other major companies laying off. Only people who will bolt are those retiring.