Pfizer AH for sale?

Discussion in 'Pfizer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing in pipe and the fact that Elanco is eating their lunch!! Pfizer won't be sold.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter about who has what and doesn't. Ian has put PAH on the block and money talks period. You need to be prepared for whatever happens. Even if PAH is not sold there will be changes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe if our 28 day propofol had worked out . . . . Then maybe we could have been somebody again.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do you think there will be layoffs at the field level? I know JR and OP are idiots, but do you think this could happen?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha! Thats weird i hit my number and so did about 95 percent of my friends. We must be getting our lunch handed to us! Keep wishing and maybe it will come true.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called diversion. That's how you all hit your number! By the way, diversion will be significantly less in the next 3 years with Frontline Plus going off patent.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Going off Patent? It is off patent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do we carry Frontline? The only product we have that gets diverted is Revolution. We sell rimadyl direct to fosters and Pet meds etc already. I do not think I could have made my # with just revo it is not even my category.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I meant this for our Novartis friend who said everyone there hit their number. To all the Pfizer haters, it could be worse. We could have Frontline. It is going to get interesting.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think we will be sold? Do you think our jobs will be in jeopardy?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Schering do not exist. 70% is all Intervet or people hired via Merck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

u dip, Novartis could buy Pfizer AH - get ur head out. Pfizer is not for sale, but AH is!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course our jobs are in jeopardy!!! Every single company out there offers all their products through distribution with the exception of Pfizer. So if Pfizer gets sold not only do you have all the reps from the purchasing company selling our products but now you have everything going through distribution. At minimum 50% of us will lose our jobs. 70% of management will be gone because they're all useless anyways.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What dream world do you live in? Most people that remain in ISP are from Schering. At least in upper management.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you will be broken up and sold piecemeal, your jobs will probably be lost. So sad with the way the Pfizer reps competed in the industry these last years.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some interesting replies here. I'm from PAH.

Can PAH be spun or sold to private equity? Yes, it's possible. But, even if it does, the infrastructure is far and above any AH company. Like one poster states, it will probably by left intact. It would be highly foolish to do otherwise.

But there was just some really bad crappy information in these posts - so here's the facts (and some opinion):

1) Ian understands the AH business. He got his start in AH and actually does like the business very much. But, does that mean anything. Probably not. Pfizer will plain old decide if it wants to remain in AH, CH, and Nutri. Pfizer is not looking for cash - have you checked out the balance sheet? My hunch is that PAH will still be with Pfizer.

2) The comments about PAH being the place to be. Right on. It is. Every company has its issues, but we do have good, solid management. It's taken years to fix the horrible issues we were left with RD. JR an idiot? I don't think so. Each region has solid management. Each region is beating the numbers and outpaces the competition. These are the facts - check with market research data. In the US, it's been quarter after quarter of grown for awhile now. All based on price increases? Nope.

3) Yes, PAH is the largest AH company.

4) No, most of the portfolio is not competing with generics. Some do. Most don't. Over the last 5 year PAH has more than 35% of the filiings for new products for all AH companies. That's a company I want to be with. Our research is actually doing stuff.

5) Reps going to take pay cuts? Nope. Pfizer has raised salaries every year and bonuses have remained the same. Those selling MFAs will have an even bigger chance. Last year was a company record for sales bonuses.

6) The focus on the vet is even stronger than it's been which of course drives our business. Look at the millions we are donating to the industry in support of vet students.

7) Those that work for PAH and who posted negative why don't you either leave or write your suggestions on improving to CL. There is ACE points offer going on you know.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merial goes throught distribution and has as many, if not more reps than us. We will be fine.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great post. I think I know who you are fellow leadership brother. I do have a few things to point out. Even though Pfizer has plenty of cash, selling the ah business will only bring more cash. Lilly is very vocal about aquisitions. Merck (Schering/Intervet) is very vocal. Something will happen. We will be sold to one of these two, or a private equity firm. I feel most jobs will still be in tact. Obviously some will parrish.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would Pfizer need two reps with separate bags in every territory with distribution? It doesn't matter what Merial is doing or how many reps they have right now. The fact is the representation of Pfizer products will go up by that many more voices and that my friend will cost a lot of jobs.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me correct you :)

HEY GO F YOURSELF

YOU ARE QUITE OBVIOUSLY PART OF THE PROBLEM OR VERY UNIFORMED, HAVE A NICE DAY