RD Pay

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Mar 21, 2019 at 7:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone have an idea how much of a pay bump it is to go from rep to RD? Also the commission structure?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why not just ask your RD?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My RD makes around $175k base, plus bonus, plus stock options.

Why don’t reps get stock options? (Besides the measly 500 at the beginning). I mean they would not be worth much now, but maybe by 2053, when we launch a new chemical entity that people are actually excited about, I could possibly fund my grandchildren’s college educations......

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This guy hahahahahahaha. If you think you could ever ask your RD anything and get a straight reply, you obviously don’t work in the SE zone. NS runs a tight ship!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More like you’ll be able to take them to Starbucks. As long as they don’t order food.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, better shape up or ship out. Firing frenzy on right now on the east coast. Younger and cheaper is the new criteria

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

”Firing frenzy”? I just checked the website and there are a total of five rep positions open nationwide. Doesn’t sound like a frenzy to me.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$118K base salary it’s posted on Glassdoor. Don’t believe anything there lying asses say

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Their*

The reps like myself venting on here should understand that not every RD is terrible. I personally understand it can feel that way when your primary source of communication with the company is some robot assbag RD who doesn’t seem to be able to be a fellow human about their job.

But let’s not let what is probably some troll pretending to be a RD get us riled up. The fact is we are all incentivized in a way that if Supernus does well, we do well. That doesn’t change based on who rides with you.

Not saying our gripes aren’t warranted. But let’s vent, be done, and move on trying to do our jobs. We DO have patients who’s lives change for the better from our products. It may be more rare than we’d like but the more we help physicians to get shots on goal, the more of those lives we can impact. And really, what’s the worst case if they try and don't do better? They aren’t gonna do worse, yet they pay less if commercial. Why are some of us so negative about that?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just to make sure I’m hearing you correctly. Glassdoor has a salary so that makes it gospel? So over the past 5+ years an RD hasn’t made close to $300k all IN.

You are a liar

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where’s the lie? $118k is posted on Glassdoor as RD salary. I’ll concede that it’s a dumb point to make but so is calling them a liar.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely NO way that your RD makes that much in Salary. Im not sure who are listening to or what you are smoking...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“anonymous said:
    This guy hahahahahahaha. If you think you could ever ask your RD anything and get a straight reply, you obviously don’t work in the SE zone. NS runs a tight ship!
    Yeah, better shape up or ship out. Firing frenzy on right now on the east coast. Younger and cheaper is the new criteria“

I think I know what this guy is talking about and it’s not exactly a firing frenzy since it’s been spread out over the last year. 1 was a former rd. Not sure if he was fired but it was weird he left because if anybody drank the cool aid at this company, that guy did.

2 were in a new region under a new rd hired during the last expansion. Rumor has it that he’s had trouble adjusting to his new role and has made it clear he wants to hire his own. So anybody he’s “acquired” is being insanely over micromanaged. Those people are miserable and if they don’t quit, he’s looking for any reason to start them on warnings.

My manager is worthless most of the time, but I’m thankful he’s not this guy.