Regeneron Cup is a huge disappointment

Discussion in 'Regeneron' started by anonymous, Mar 6, 2024 at 5:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About 4 years ago, a manager friend of mine said to me "Make no mistake. Regeneron has corporate meetings not incentive trips." I'm here to tell you that is the truth. My wife and I went last year. We took one look at the schedule and really don't want to go. It was exhausting trying to hang out with everyone and the atmosphere seemed quite superficial. I won't go into too much detail as I won't want to expose myself, but let's just say certain things were brought to my attention where parties afterwards knew who I interacted with, spent time with, and didn't spend time with. It was as if they acquired intel from the trip. It wasn't necessarily bad stuff, but it made me feel uneasy. I thought to myself, was my wife and I required to spend time with this person. Should I have had drinks with them during the reception? Truth be told, we just wanted to have a nice relaxing vacation and spend time together. Incentive trips are meant to be an awarded vacation. This certainly is not. It is something meant to go back and tell your colleagues where hopefully they get excited to shoot for next year.

The reason for this post now? A team member won this year. Apparently, everyone was told the flights are pre-booked with no flexibility. They also confirmed what I already knew. The schedule was a glorified Vegas-Like meeting. I don't think it is a happy bunch this go around.

Just give a cash bonus so employees can use it to take a decent vacation. I've never once heard someone say "I'm so excited to vacation with my coworkers." They already watch us like hawks in Vegas and all of our social expected "networking." Sad you didn't win? Realistically, don't be. It is a gift that really isn't a gift.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you one thing. Zero people find pity in your post. Regeneron reps and managers are the most egotistical people in pharma. You do not walk on water, you are not the best of the best, you are not elite. From my friend that just interviewed with them and walked out, gross all around. Talking about how "elite" you are in comparison to other pharma reps. Hilarious..this is the 4th person I know who interviewed and had to hear about how wonderful they are and it's a privilege to work there. Doubtful

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

\

No one said they were idiot. They didn't say any of the things you mentioned and only voiced what most people agree on! Not one single sentence did this person say how wonderful they are. You literally are a moron.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny how you are not a Regeneron employee...Yet here you are trolling this board. Did anyone ever tell you that you a a big weirdo? You are. My advice is to go seek help. Clearly you interviewed here and they took a fast pass.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like someone got burned and still hasn’t found work so let’s troll cafe pharma and burn every company they interviewed with.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The OP is 100%. I was on the Palm Springs trip. Believe me, if you can get out of it and somehow get a cash option do it. We apparently didn't socialize enough at the reception. Not surprised at all they are giving no leeway on the flights. It is very telling.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So wrong. I did work here. Worked with the biggest a holes ever in Pharma. I referred people and they were treated like shit from management. Regeneron as a whole, good company. Currently how they treat people during and after interviews is the worst in the industry. Again, I feel bad for the people who I referred. My friend walked out by the way.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Winning it is not in my plans

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won this year and was initially excited....then no information. Nada. Outside of the initial registration which created more questions than answers, an email stating we have already booked your flights and that is how it is going to be, no one has heard a thing about what flights we would be put on. Six weeks is not a lot of time. My husband vehemently didn't want any part of it, so I was going to bring one of my girlfriends. She wanted to stay through the weekend versus heading back on a Wednesday, making it logistically hard for her to get back to work. I told her we would have to purchase our own flights. She then asked me if we had to go to the reception and group events and also pay for our own flights? She told me two days ago that it just wasn't her thing and would rather spend money where it was just the girls and have a nice long trip. I can't say I blame her. I would be taxed on her flight via my next paycheck if she would have said yes. Now it looks like it may just be myself going. I will go as I know it isn't looked at in a favorable light if you back out of these things.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doesn’t matter if you did win , it’s their decision if you go. I heard the rep out of Memphis was the region winner and they did not give it to her.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is that possible?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is 1990's pharma. The culture here is so weird. I dread every POA pretending I have to like 99% of the people here.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vegas will be a mess unless you are the type to kiss up to the big wigs and act like you care, which we all know exist within our relate franchises.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sure this upcoming week will be a very interesting experience.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope you enjoy your trip. I won before and it was an extra 18K added to my salary.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are t that many receptions and group outings I hope? I have a lot of things planned

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have activities which you need to be present for or at least show up and make an appearance.