Severance packages discussed 10/31/2022 layoffs

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Apr 20, 2022 at 2:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was hopefully that they would roll over the sales force to Otsuka until they talked about severance packages 6 months in Advance .. guessing it will be a large layoff ? Sad i really like my coworkers and the product. Thoughts ? Who is bailing early and who will ride it out ? I’m staying .. I think

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you didn’t get a retention bonus last summer it’s safe to assume you’re gonna be one of the people let go. And people misunderstood the severance package because it’s not as good as they think it is the good packages for home office salesforce will get the typical sexy day worn act and probably two weeks one month for every year they are here. It’s time to go and anyone who is waiting for severance package you’re not trying to get another job is lazy.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one is lazy if they stay and wait it out. It’s a gamble …you could actually stay on because others jump … they said a minimum it would be a 6 month minimum severance plus 6 months health insurance and 6 months of bonus at quota . Max 18 months . So if you are with the company 1-3 years it’s not bad .. however if you are here anything over 9 years you don’t get more than than 18 month package . That’s actually a great package . They didn’t segregate HQ OFFICE / sales .

If I have something lined up for the new year I can walk with 6 months severance and have my income from new job .. not bad at all . However, If everyone else jumps maybe I’ll have something and won’t lose my job .

The grass isn’t greener out there ..

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anything is better than working at this dump with Hashad, Lapel, Wining, and the loud mouth Sorrento. God help us all.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do we tell them we don't want to be one of the few ( if any) that stays to go to OTSUKA?!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will the package be paid out in one lump sum? If not and they pay it out over time , what if you get a job... do you forfeit the package ?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Otsuka is a 1st Class dumpster fire!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How would they know? HR would be gone ( hopefully) and I don't know how they would find out?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For a Company that has never met our own revenue targets, has never run a successful clinical trial and has spent money like a drunken sailor....I am not sure who would want to retain this pack of misfits. Retention bonuses for what? Half of us in the sales force have 2nd gigs.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone thinking that Avanir is going to be paying large severance packages to all those "unlucky" reps not being brought over to the Otsuka promised land - are sadly mistaken! The new "Matrix" based selling is there to trip people up! No doubt in this persons mind, many are being looked at with the hope they trip on one of the Matrix Mines and get blown right into PIP hell! No severance if you're on a PIP!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, Very true. However when you get put on a pip they offer you to fix for 180 or 90 days etc.. or you get 2 or 3 months severance. Always take the severance they word it so you can't get off PIP

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes paid in 1 lump after 60 day WARN notice.
    Yes still paid if you find another job.
    Yes you can collect unemployment.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you still here? The grass is greener. Everything is greener than Avnr. Losers.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only good thing lately has been that the idiot Sorrento hasn't been on the conf calls. Please cut that guy.