Smith & Nephew

Discussion in 'Wound Healing' started by Anonymous, Sep 27, 2006 at 9:03 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been interviewing and expect to be offered an Account Manager position with Smith&Nephew. Can anyone tell me what the culture is like? Commission potential? Product pipeline?

Thank you!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did you get your interview with Smith & Nephew? Is it even possible to get noticed if I submit my resume to the opening they have posted on their website?
    Thanks!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does Smith and Nephew compare against KCI and others per product?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you get the job?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I kow a rep at S&N. Great package, Good Car package, Base is OK and the Bonus is cool. The company is driven by the stake holders and is always changing there structure. Great place to start. They usually take people with 2-5 years Medical Sales Exp and they like Nurses. Unfortunatley some of there reps are dead wood. But they do not fire them. After working there you will open your self up to head hunters. You can be easily placed in OR of More invasive sale positions after you stent with S&N.

Start there but do not stay for life.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

put very well. they have great benefits. sales support is slow and takes awhile to get what you need. great place to start. i was recently told by a recruiter, "this is a great company to steal from." if you get an offer i would take it, but beware of the shifting management and be prepared to bust your ass as they are obviously not the marker leaders. you will work for your cases.

7. JACK BLACK

JACK BLACK Guest

Smith & Nephew is #1

I am so psyched to become a part of S&N's wound care team as an AM that I could take a week off right now and go to Miami Beach for some well deserved R&R. This company rocks and I am going to become a superstar here. See you down in train ing, amigos.
    Bon courage!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok jack black it was nice being your partner in crime for a year. You will be missed at kci. enjoy miami and say hello to your pops for me!!!

9. JACK BLACK

JACK BLACK Guest

Best way to land a job at S&N is to NETWORK but be aware that it may be a long, drawn out process. Otherwise, invest mucho time on the internet, i.e. their web-site, Medzilla, etc.....Find reps bizz cards and simply call them and take 'em to lunch. Be creative, Luke Skywalkers of the healthcare world. They are a huge company with 4 key operating divisions so choose where you can focus your strengths best, Obekanobee.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S&N isn't that great...support from management SUCKS!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar. Who is better in wound? Ethicon? HA!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

kci is leader in wound care division.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KCI is the leader now. Nobody - Nobody can match the clinical outcomes. If they want to maintain this position, need to wake up to how their reps feel about comp and call 24/7.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true that Smith and Nephew bought Blue Sky's VAC?

They are such an innovative company. How will they distribute it? Do I call my S & N rep and will they use something other than gauze? I like the S & N products but not so sure about this.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you don't consider buying Blue Sky to be innovative. Come on now...

I used to work with S&N Wound. Worked with some great people. Company can't seem to figure out who they want to be. Surgical sales with Acticoat and Versajet?? Hospital sales with advanced wound care full-line by relying on GPO contracts?? Long-term care market?? Home Care - forget it - they don't have the distributor relationships that Convatec has.

I made decent $$ with S&N but it wasn't great. Benefits - average for the industry. Support from corporate - poor. Beauracracy - let's call Hull, England to make a decision.

Your success depends alot on your territory and the company direction for the year. Oh, the focus changes EVERY year - did they mention that?

Let's sell Dermagraft ... No, now it's Acticoat ... err, let's sell full-line ... go after extended care ... need to see those surgeons ... the sky is looking blue ...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the typical benefit pkg with S&N wound care? Base, average bonus, car allowance, vac time, etc?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smith and Nephew is not a good company to work for. Alot of micromanaging and pay structure just is not up to par.
    As for S and N purchasing Blue Sky..what a mistake. S and N has launched the product into the Acute care calling it EZcare. It is the same Blue Sky units with an extended battery life and alarm..junk product.. I wiould be embarrassed to push that product that hurts patients..
    KCI is the leader and will continue to be... Believe me..with all of the case studies, proven outcomes and clinical data KCI has..you will not like working for S and N and will not be able to sleep at night..
    Apply ay KCI..not S and N
    I know this industry and reps that work at all companies...
    Trust me on this..

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about a key account manager position. What is that like, total comp, etc?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometimes breaking into the biz you take what you can get and go from there. I'm a perfect Example! I'm interviewing for the RN Consultant job in probably one of the most competitive markets in the country. Which is what I prefer over the strictly sales job.....What's the relationship of this position with the sales team? At what point in the sell will I be pulled into the mix before, during, after or at all time points? Anyone know any Clinical Consultants I can hook up with to pick their brain on the ins and outs?

Thanks!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make a decision - sales or clinical. You can be a sales person who happens to be a nurse (huge plus - its made me consistently 6 figures+) or a clinical person with people skills. Sales will alway outpay - but the daily risk, challeges, and prejudices are part of the job.

As a clinical person you always have a limit on your income based on your education, as a sales person only your productivity is your limit. It isn't for everyone.