Smith & Nephew

Discussion in 'Wound Healing' started by Anonymous, Sep 27, 2006 at 9:03 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above poster about sales or clinical!! Hey I'll take both cause I have both. I made 6 figures in pharma and was miserable....so which do I choose 6 figure and like what I am doing....or a decent income and LOVE what I do!! I'm not out to make a killing....the money doesn't add years to the life the stress of sales takes away.;) I'm comfortable with my modest home, cat and Toyota Avalon...dumped the hubbie so what more could I want?? LOL

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crappy company with terrible management. They practically gave away Dermagraft to us because they couldn't figure out how to sell it and we are rolling in dough now!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

current S&N employee here. As with any job, your boss makes it either successful, or an uphill grind. Marketing sucks in all S&N divisions so your boss has to be able to run interference to get things done. Be prepared to have a written game plan on how you will increase business, market share, and profit. All device / wound care positions are relationship based. Get the relationships, and you have the business.
    I agree with those who say the company is a great place to start. Been making my numbers for a few years now and the offers come in every week. When the right one comes, I'm gone. Don't get me wrong, I really have enjoyed my years at Smith and Nephew. Good people and those in the other divisions in my territory are fun to be around. BUT, I can increase my take-home by $30-$50 g's simply by jumping ship.
    Smith and Nephew one day will realize that they train the greatest salesforce, get them to create watertight relationships with doctors, hospitals and decision makers, then force them to leave by changing compensation plans and reducing takehome pay.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management send only to Convatec as worst in the industry. Change directions constantly, promote clowns to mid management positions because they are mindless drones, and struggle to get anything done in general. Adopted the Pharma mentality several years ago and just about gutted all the good reps. Not a career company, but a place to start and get a year under your belt before the offers start coming in.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking at career change and sent CV to S&N directly thru website and thru head hunter. Anyone familier with Professional Affairs franchise manager
    position?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Excellent place to cut your teeth. Good training. But after a few, time to leave the nest.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former employee...in total agreement with you! Management is incompetent at that company, Marketing department...JOKE!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beginning interview process with S&N. Base pay is decreased as sales rise and commission increases? No company car, cell phone or internet allowance plus very little for territory expenses (food to get time with the physicians). Not sounding like a really great company to work for. Any comments?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division and position? Doesnt sound like my job...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TAM-Ortho.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um what part of Wound Care on this thread title dont you understand? wow.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is it like at S&N in corporate support role? Anyone in NC office? Is it a goodplace to work?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone negotiated for more vacation, salary or benefits? What was the outcome?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone negotiated for more vacation, salary or benefits? What was the outcome?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're told not no but hell no
    then cheerio

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Woohoo! I love sniffing sweaty pants!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest