So What Comes Next?

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Sep 29, 2017 at 5:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well we had pretty much heard earlier in the year that yet another restructure was coming by years end. I have to admit, the early retirement option threw me for a loop. I didn't think Sanofi actually had that in them. Anyways, I'm thrilled for those of you that qualify. On the other hand, there are several folks being left behind in the same boat as me - been here almost 20 years, but not quite 50. Yes, I know that is way too long here, but I've been promoted several times along the way. I've also moved backwards a few times too due to previous restructures. Overall, I can't complain too much about my career here. At the same time...I'm definitely ready for something fresh. Anyone Inside 55 out there that can spell out next steps? I've heard PC1's go back to a CV division. Someone has stated CV Specialty being sold to Regeneron. Also heard Diabetes PC and Specialty will report to same managers, but PC territories getting much larger? That leads me to believe we will have further layoffs too. This is all heresay at this point, but I know someone out there has further details and will hopefully spell it out a bit more. The next 30-45 days are so going to drag!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Major cuts to diabetes coming - PC and Specialty aren't safe.Same for LTC, Anything with Hospital and all the imaginary jobs refioanl assistants and regional acct executives all are getting cut or eliminating . This December will make last December look like a face painting party for 5 year olds. CV Specialty was left out of retirement package . PC1 is gone and no more Diabetes managers having 4 to 6 people reporting to them . ABL's are on chopping block and this won't be pretty in December . Work on backup plan.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How could the PC territories possibly get ANY bigger and be workable? This model of covering huge geography is NOT working!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The PC spots used to be much bigger. Overlays went to their own territory. Perhaps they would go back to having more overlays?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huge cuts coming to Diabetes and across the board . This is a cost cutting layoff . They know last year re-alignment was a failure

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Failure=huge business loss. Makes NO sense to do the same thing concerning reps. There is currently too much geography to manage for diabetic products=many customers. It would be a different scenario with a specialty product that might have 1 or 1 customers here and there. Management seems to be the area that is employee heavy if this is a cost reduction situation.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust me it will be happening in management . Nobody is safe. Bottom line Diabetes isn't making money to sustain current sales footprint. That's why all hospital related jobs, LTC, regional acct executives , CEM's all are first to go. Depending how many in Diabetes take voluntary retirement will determine how massive cuts will be. Paris said cuts and that's the bottom line . Sorry not better news but it will be a rough December this year. There will be a bunch of home office cuts as well . Paris loves to spread the love. Good luck to all. If you haven't had backup plan then my condolences.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth. Diabetes was a money machine for a lot of years mainly due to Lantus, but with exclusivity gone the profit margins are gone as well. Absent a new drug without the same dollar impact as Lantus, Sanofi is about to become a much smaller company. It was a good run.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To poster #7, what you say makes sense. However, didn't long term care and institutional hear from leadership that they are committed to them and have them in the business plans for 2018? I realize it may not last longer than that, but would they really say one thing and totally do another? I have also heard about PC going to larger territories and agree with a previous post that that doesn't make any sense. I'm just saying that rumor is out there.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen - honesty hear. Anyone that's been around has heard our leaders stand in front of us and lie through their teeth onnwhst would happen in next 3 years . LTC is gone ! So is all these other BS jobs that contribute nothing to bottom line . If your sappy enough to listen to your manager or some talking head at the last POA than God Bless

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hear hear your rite

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"mainly due to Lantus"? SMH.....

Lantus is the only reason Diabetes/CV sales teams lasted as long as they did......

It's over folks......has been for a long time.....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My pc1 manager here in Chicago always makes me come next.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did they say you're in the plans for 2018 recently like since the meeting in Paris first week of September? Do YOU think you're contributing to the bottom line as hospital rep? If so how exactly? Be honest. I'm not singling you out either... I'm just curious what exactly you really feel like you do now that adds to the bottom line. I can see where LTC would be needed more than hospital due to Toujeo or even Soliqua if we get on Medicare plans.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PC is already began larger territories. Access is getting weaker as more reps overlap.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Today (Monday) comes next for announcements.
    -inside 55

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That would be nice! I can't believe we have to go into these POA's knowing that BIG changes are coming. Please, let's get this show on the road! I'll check email at the end of the day - but most likely, there will be nothing.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And... Nothing today ( Monday)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LTC will be gone also with the jobs that do nothing to bottom line. Hospital gone- diabetes cuts will be huge. Nobody is safe especially ABL and above. Regional acct people and commercial teams all will be gone. Again they contribute nothing to bottom line. A new head Of Diabetes and CV with strong legacy background. No more hiring GSK and Novartis fuckups from outside the company. Viehbacher-Ann- Jez- kaplan were losers who ran their former companies into the ground. Kaplan will go down as the worse hire in the history of pharma.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kaplan...amazing the destruction he left behind in such a short time. Almost as if he was a secret agent sent to destroy. Worst hire ever!!