SUN - the Exodus, Part II

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree.
    They used credibility established long, long ago to lure people over with false statements.

I can't believe they could have sat across the table, looked me in the eye, and said, 'yeah, this is a really good place to work, you're going to have a future here'.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can’t believe all of the pissing and moaning on this thread. As I see it you have 2 and only 2 options, shut the hell up and go to work or quit!
    I had over 25 years in Pharma and the last time I got squeezed out of the job I got out the industry all together. Yes it was tough, 2 kids in college and a lot of cc debit but I made it. You can too. Now make your choice...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe the spirit of the thread is to comment on the volume as reasons behibd so many people leaving this company.

By nature of the CP concept, there are going to be some 'complainers'.

But you have to sift through those few and you'll see the truth.

Separately, I'm glad you found something better, in your 50s I presume.

What might be of more value is for you to share your thought process for leaving the industry - what did you consider ? How do those considerations play out now, what one should consider when making a change, how you felt with job loss, what was your personal search process etc.

You should contribute to this board with those kinds of comments instead of complaining about the complainers.

Please just give that some thought, asshole.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good, positive points.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently deceipt is a core competency at SUN. I’m now seeing the future I was sold will not materialize.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place has more exits than the NJ Turnpike.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will see resignations in the next two weeks.
    #leadersareexposed

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like a rep in NC left on the derm team.. must have realized the futility of getting the product Rxed.. had a high base salary too.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What rep left? How do you know they had a high base? Are others to follow?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Usually a few reps leaving is not news-worthy.

But at Sun, the ‘n’ is small, and because so many have already left that when another defects from the bowels of Bombay (now named Mumbai), it means even the dregs have had enough.

Same for things in Princeton. There’s real difficulty in back-filling vacated positions and more are to come.

#finallyfedup
    #nofaithinsun
    #daysarenunbered

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I really thought it could only get better. I was hopeful, optimistic. But I’ll hang till it’s a full year, looks better on the resume.
    Can we get some real direction and leadership - that would help morale.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i am a direct competitor and even I think it can only get better over there..... can’t get much worse. You might as well stick around to see if they can get their dry eye product to market....

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, this is just another example of how this company cannot do either strategy or execution.
    Where the hell is Tildra ... we wait, we wait. FL and ST have been here how long ? WHAT have they been doing this whole time ? Hired mediocre reps at best, hijacked a couple of Derm reps from across the aisle ... for what ? FL couldn’t get any of his former buddies to take the bait and come to Sun.

Fabs sold it to him and ZK, who in turn sold it to everyone else.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The exodus hasn’t really begun yet. There are so many things to address here, where shall I begin. Why don’t we start with what’s known? Goals are messed up again, Glitchy Mitchy still can’t come up with an equitable way to divide the unrealistic goals around the country. Have heard from Taro, DUSA and Absorica reps that there is unevenness in the distribution. Some reps have been given goals that are not even a gimme, but a pure slam dunk, while others will toil away making zero again for months.

Tildra is a joke, expectations are so high and in the field there is no excitement at all from the doctors. In fact, most think it’s a joke. Taltz couldn’t be given away to insurance companies, Humira just dominates. Why would they pickup a less than effective late to market product from a company that refuses to bargain?

Sun Pharma, on Tuesday reported that it has received USFDA approval for its biologic drug Tildrakizumab (Ilumya) for the treatment of plaque psoriasis. However, the company had not provided any launch dates for this drug. Nonetheless, the pharma major is now hiring salespersons and creating an infrastructure as part of its commercialization plan for the US market.

Biologic drugs are gaining popularity all over all the world due to their high efficacy. In case of psoriasis treatment, biologics are gaining market share despite their high costs. Drugs like Humira, which is also prescribed for psoriasis treatment, generated more than $18.4bn sales in 2017. Humira manufacturer, Abbvie expects the drug to clock peak sales of ~$21bn in 2021.

Considering the prospects of biologics, the approval of Tildrakizumab should have lifted the spirits of Sun Pharma's shareholders. However, investors gave the shares of the company a miss in Wednesday's trade, suggesting that the Indian markets are skeptical of Tildrakizumab performance in the US market. So, what is happening?

Psoriasis market is competitive

The Psoriasis biologics market is already crowded. There was a time when psoriasis biologics based on Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) inhibitors such as Cimzia, Enbrel, Humira and Remicede, were popular. The advent of next generation interleukin (IL) inhibitors (better than TNF inhibitors) however has changed the scenario. These IL based biologics have unprecedented efficacy of complete skin clearance compared to older biologics such as TNF inhibitors.

There are two different Interlukins (IL-17 and IL-23) being targeted in the psoriasis treatment. The IL-17 inhibitor biologics are sold under brands Stelara (Ustekinumab), Cosentyx (Secukinumab), Taltz (Ixekizumab) and Siliq (Brodalumab). The two IL-23 targeting approved biologics are Tremfyaa (Guselkumab) and Sun Pharma Ilumya (Tildrakizumab). The IL-23 inhibitor biologics require fewer injections, and hence, they are gaining popularity. While Sun Pharma’s Ilumya has received a USFDA approval, it is far behind Tremfyaa, which has best in class cure rate (PASI 75 rating). Ilumya also lags behind other IL-17 targeting biologics.

Tildrakizumab is not best in class, Risankizumab to change the competitive scenario

The positive for Sun Pharma’s shareholders is that Tildrakizumab is a latest IL-23 targeting biologic drug. The subpar PASI-75 score than the peers, however is a concern area and may not be able to generate high market share or become a blockbuster drug (annual sales over >1bn). It would also not be able to get premium price that is being charged its fello IL-23 targeting biologic, Tremfyaa ($58,100 a year). Ilumya is likely to be priced around $40,000 a year.

The ramp-up is expected to be gradual and it may gain 6-7% market share (in psoriasis biologics). We estimate peak sales of ~$700mn in FY22, post which we expect entry of Risankizumab (innovator Abbvie), another IL23 targeting drug, which has better PASI 75 score than Ilumya and best in class PASI-100 score. Risankizumab is in phase III clinical trial at the moment. The entry of Risankizumab will change the competitive landscape significantly

And this is the big one, rumor has it that HR over ruled field managers on review scores! Some top reps dropped to create a better bell curve. You may think you’re getting a solid review based on the efforts you put in, but prepare yourself for less than that. How you ranked out the year will determine your review score. Pay increases will follow your score, so don’t look forward to a standard 3% bump, you may get only 1% or possibly 0!

Abhay and Dilip care about one thing only profit. Yes it’s their job, however, they talk about people and the vision of Sun, but it’s a lie. Price increases, dropped coverage, unreal goals, and indifference to the sales team shows who they reall are.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BE CRYSTAL CLEAR:

Last year, Abhay lowered ratings himself. Then, the company lowered the % increase for annual merit by almost 50% vs. what was in the ‘salary pool’. The system permitted X% increase which managers managed against, and then the company changed (downgraded) every entry made by the manager.
    Then this year the bonus % are changed in the middle of the game.

#IndianGivers

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...other than that it’s a great place to be .

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Continuing from my post above, it’ll be another difficult conversation this year assuming the same thing happens. I just don’t have a good story to tell and my manager can’t give me one either.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make money and there will be more to dish out. Continue to count on lunches, co-pay coupons, samples, and giving drug away to gain market share and you will get management messing with the payouts. You are lucky to have a job. You cannot expect blood from stone.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly a prime example of ESL there.

How about just be upfront with a reasonable expectation - stretch goal is fine - but be consistent what what we have to work with in terms of promotional budget and copay program.

Don’t move the goal posts once the game has started.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely penned by an Indian ‘you are lucky to have a job’. Arrogant.