TAKEDA LAYOFFS IMMINENT

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by anonymous, Nov 20, 2017 at 6:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My fleet car at dealership but they told me it’s on hold... has this happened to anybody else? I’m freaking out

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WHICH PRODUCTS? Mine arrived.....

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s all of them. They were actually delivered to u

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Got shipping email confirmation last Friday, and delivery email today. Seriously doubt samples or fleet cars would be held back to those on the severed list prior to any layoff notification. That stuff is all part of an operation that comes in and out like the tide, no big deal, just part of doing business. Just make sure you can properly account for all of your samples in the event you are severed, otherwise they do threaten people that severance will be withheld until all variances are rectified.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Takeda = almost 1,000 PC reps
    Shire = hearing 500-600 reps total including Rare Disease

Considering the products Takeda will gain, and loose, and the timing of those events, management should easily trim 30% for beginners, and possibly up to 40-45% mostly from Takeda Primary Care (Ami, Dex, Ulo, Trin).

Prediction: 400 Takeda PC Gen Med Reps, and 150 Shire Reps
    Entyvio - no cuts
    Trintellix Specialty NSS - no cuts

BEFORE FRIDAY MARCH 29th

Full Disclosure, I am neither a NSS nor Entyvio rep.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TY for sharing. My region hasn’t received shipping confirmation yet so it’s good to see a wave is rolling

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WOW - that’s a lot

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are correct. Last week in March will be the date.
    I already told everyone a couple weeks ago this an 0 believers. I’ve been telling you 450-500 from sales force.
    The part of this that’s wrong is the # that gets cut from shire NSS is larger. Good standing Takeda reps that fall into a possible promotion position will get first dibs. If there is nobody ready for the jump it will be filled by available shire rep in a better standing.

If you have been a low performer for multiple years or warning letter your gone. There is actually about 10% of Takeda sales force that falls into this.
    There is 100 gone right there that can be filled by Shire NSS. Most of shires middle management will be gone as well since there reps will be integrated into current Takeda. It’s not a merger it’s an integration. Where 1 company was purchased. It’s been said multiple time that we are the buyer. Where we are not going to go is the places like rare disease that we have little to no knowledge about.

My suggestion to you all is to seriously talk to a DBM that knows someone, only gives you facts and if you have an RBD that is close with their manager speak to them. I can tell you on this speculating board there are really only 2-3 posters that actually have a good idea.

Also, there will be primary care positions still at least for the next 2 years. Schaefer also briefly mentioned this because of patents still available with Dex and Ami. But look for 2nd round of layoffs in 2021.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shire has 500 reps in Neuro alone. Right now that might be a little less as they are not backfilling vacant territories but normally it’s 500. Throw in the other BUs and your estimate is probably a little low

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So many have left, so it may be half of that.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love the pot stirring guesses!!!

Rather comical at this point

No way to predict the numbers etc when they are going to restructure the alignment of the business units

Come on..

But it’s fun to get on here to get a good laugh

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do the math. 1.4 billion needs saved over 3 yrs. it’s. Not hard to figure out what needs to happen.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

once the lawsuits come in from the new Dexilant book it will not be good for Takeda. Check out the site Appleqd.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. You know “restructuring” is the politically correct term for “layoffs”, right?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last time they said "we have to size the field based on what we know, not on what we don't know".
    Uloric - March 25th, 2019
    Amitiza - June 15th, 2020
    Dexilant - September 5th, 2020
    Primary Care Trintellix targets could be handed over to NSS, so Gen Med (Neuro/Opthalmics) will only be sized to accommodate Ami, Dex, and the new GI product - guessing 600 reps. After Ami/Dex expiry next year, they could trim again or maybe there's another new GI product coming. Either way it looks like major INCOMING (Outgoing) for Gen Med. Do we all agree 40% for Takeda Gen Med?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I already told you guys it’s around 400-450 and that’s from both companies.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will lay off again in 1 year as Amitiza and Dex go generic.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are in primary care at Takeda, you can’t be confident. It’s been clearly outlined what the focus will be for Takeda moving forward. They will try and sell most if not all pc products off to cut down debt. This includes xiidra from shire.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you were at the FLM you don’t know. There will be PC going forward because of % of $ and volume across PC. But there was quick mention of that only lasting 3 more yrs.

They will not be selling of PC products. Who would by them at this point in product life cycle when the easy money from those mature drugs are funding everything else. Use you brain a bit rep.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct

There will be another downsizing of the rest of PC in 2021. Either hold on for life for 2 more years and get yourself an extra 4 weeks of severance, work your way into specialty, or find a more stable company with long term plan.